Deterministic Lockstep and improvements on desync

For those that arent in the beta (like me), it would be pretty nice to know if the (arguably) greatest change in PoE history is actually the paradise we were all dreaming of.

So far, how is the new mode doing? Does it work just fine? If you have high ping, how is it playing with lockstep?

And how good is the new desyinc compared to the live realm? If you have high ping, do you prefer sticking to desync?

Does the new beta patch feels like it added even more efficiency fixes?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
my ping is varying from 60-100ms and lockstep is working great. I hear people with 200ms latency are not finding it to be great. It seems like ~100ms is the threshold although results will probably vary somewhat.

Desync is much improved in the beta in regular predictive mode.
I'm not in the beta but this is supposedly so gud that Chris even locked desync thread in manifesto. And f**k the people with high latency, they supposedly don't have anything of value to say about it anyway, right?..
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on May 19, 2015, 11:12:01 PM
It's very nice, though there are a few bugs (as expected). One problem with it is the fact that we play with people all over the world, so when playing with people from EU or Australlia for example, your ping spikes from 20-30 all the way up to 100+, which is abit of a problem. We'll just have to see how things go
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
High ping is mouse laggy anything below 100ms you should be very happy. I only tested to 24 though dont want to ruin myself going through whole game until final print.
Git R Dun!
"
silumit wrote:
I'm not in the beta but this is supposedly so gud that Chris even locked desync thread in manifesto. And f**k the people with high latency, they supposedly don't have anything of value to say about it anyway, right?..

There are only two ways to fix the problems of people with high latency.

One is to develop time travel capabilities and let them see the future (this is predictive mode more or less).

The other is to refine server infrastructure.

GGG is doing the latter and, realistically, you can't ask much more than that given how technology actually functions.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on May 20, 2015, 12:23:47 AM
Since I live in Texas where a server apparently is, I play at a ping of 8-16ms. Lockstep is beyond my ability to properly describe for dealing with desynch deaths.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Yes desync has been eliminated for users with <100 ping. I ran into a pack of hasted rhoas and not once did anything happen. It brought a tear to my eye.
Located in the hearth of europe, stable low ping.
Feels soo smooth and perfect, already like a new game.

Looking forward to the first big party play in the clan and how it affects the game there.
gj ggg! :)
South Africa constant 180 ping BOOM! still fucked :(
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info