Deterministic Lockstep and improvements on desync

For those playing with bad pings have hope

Im playing the beta up at my cabin now and I cant use lockstep do to wildly verying pings

70-150

however the changes made to the traditional predictive mode have been working quite well for me
I dont see any any key!
Such a big improvement. I didn't had any problem with lockstep (not even a minor one in 3-4 h of gameplay). It feels so great. Though, i have a very stable connection (for 8 bucks :P), no packet loss ever, constant 50-70 ms in-game latency, Eastern Europe - Romania.

Thank you so much GGG!
Last edited by joint77 on May 20, 2015, 2:55:29 PM
It is a huge improvement, but there is still desync happening as there are bugs and its still early version. Hope that they will be fixed so desync is dead for good.

Anyway played with ping from 60 to 90 and it works great
Dont celebrate too early.
I'm on a fairly low ping, and it has been a dream so far. My lag is imperceptible and could get better with servers opening at release. It's not perfect yet (I had one unexplained desynch), but it is such a dramatic improvement that I hope it won't be long before we don't see the term used again.
"
silumit wrote:
You didn't get my point. DL will make the game better for people with low latency, but that is not the reason to close the desync topic because there still will be people using old mode because of high latency. Although topic is closed, so it could only mean that GGG DGAF about that people. Or at least about their feedback.

Along side the new lockstep system is the new predictive system. If I had to guess, I would say feedback on the old predictive system isn't really applicable. When lockstep and the new predictive mode go public, I'm betting there will be a new thread with updated feedback on both lockstep and the predictive model.

So I wouldn't really say the thinking was ' fuck people with high ping ' . They have put a lot of working into the new predictive method as well. I'm betting it is more for organizational reasons.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
GooberM wrote:
"
universal777 wrote:
Yes desync has been eliminated for users with <100 ping. I ran into a pack of hasted rhoas and not once did anything happen. It brought a tear to my eye.

It's not fully eliminated. I desync'd to Brutus yesterday. I saw the chain go past me, and a second later I was next to him and had taken damage.

Earlier today, there were too many mobs in a pack, and couldn't go past them because they were too tightly packed. I clicked on the other side of them, turned around in cirlces, and wound up past them anyway.

It's way better though.

That's not desync from the lockstep system, that's a bug within it that caused it.
hey folks beta just deployed a patch fixing some bugs with lockstep :)

happy desync free times all
I dont see any any key!
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Along side the new lockstep system is the new predictive system. If I had to guess, I would say feedback on the old predictive system isn't really applicable. When lockstep and the new predictive mode go public, I'm betting there will be a new thread with updated feedback on both lockstep and the predictive model.

So I wouldn't really say the thinking was ' fuck people with high ping ' . They have put a lot of working into the new predictive method as well. I'm betting it is more for organizational reasons.
Then why Chris stated that thread is closed because of availability of lockstep mode, not because of some major overhaul of prediction system? No, that doesn't seem to be the case. But we'll see.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
30-150 ms ping yesterday, with some real hard latency spikes (Europe). I hope the new servers will solve these problems.

On the other hand, predictive works really good meanwhile as well..but you know, one day in a serious situation you'll get your desync ;))
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info