Deterministic Lockstep and improvements on desync

"
universal777 wrote:
Yes desync has been eliminated for users with <100 ping. I ran into a pack of hasted rhoas and not once did anything happen. It brought a tear to my eye.

It's not fully eliminated. I desync'd to Brutus yesterday. I saw the chain go past me, and a second later I was next to him and had taken damage.

Earlier today, there were too many mobs in a pack, and couldn't go past them because they were too tightly packed. I clicked on the other side of them, turned around in cirlces, and wound up past them anyway.

It's way better though.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on May 20, 2015, 1:47:37 AM

Having 30-40 ping FEELS AWESOME!!!!

No more teleporting. Just awesome. It made me smile for few minutes :)).

All low ping players will jump from happines.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
silumit wrote:
I'm not in the beta but this is supposedly so gud that Chris even locked desync thread in manifesto. And f**k the people with high latency, they supposedly don't have anything of value to say about it anyway, right?..

I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous thing to say. Of course having high ping sucks.
Everyone hates lag but GGG cannot magically make your internet good. Lockstep was always intended for people with low ping. Predictive exists exactly so that people with poor internet can still play the game,albeit with occasional desync.
It's unfair to demand games to cater to the lowest common denominator in terms of performance.
I didn't have the chance to test it yet but what I've seen from the current predictive mode it is way better than what we have on the live servers.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
I'm not in the beta but this is supposedly so gud that Chris even locked desync thread in manifesto. And f**k the people with high latency, they supposedly don't have anything of value to say about it anyway, right?..

There are only two ways to fix the problems of people with high latency.

One is to develop time travel capabilities and let them see the future (this is predictive mode more or less).

The other is to refine server infrastructure.

GGG is doing the latter and, realistically, you can't ask much more than that given how technology actually functions.
You didn't get my point. DL will make the game better for people with low latency, but that is not the reason to close the desync topic because there still will be people using old mode because of high latency. Although topic is closed, so it could only mean that GGG DGAF about that people. Or at least about their feedback.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
"
silumit wrote:

There are only two ways to fix the problems of people with high latency.

One is to develop time travel capabilities and let them see the future (this is predictive mode more or less).

The other is to refine server infrastructure.

GGG is doing the latter and, realistically, you can't ask much more than that given how technology actually functions.
You didn't get my point. DL will make the game better for people with low latency, but that is not the reason to close the desync topic because there still will be people using old mode because of high latency. Although topic is closed, so it could only mean that GGG DGAF about that people. Or at least about their feedback.

I think at this point most people are happy. And I guess people with high pings are expected to play around desyncs same way as the past 3 years, while the weaker minded can pack up and go d3?
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
From what i understand they are getting more i.e. closer servers to many ppl too. That will help me a lot 160-180 ping player. ::::Crosses Fingers:::

Then if I can keep my sister offline while i play I might even pick up HC again.
Git R Dun!
I activated Lockstep and V-Sync and the game feels amazing at constant 60 FPS and 66 ms.
I recommended to everyone with fluctuations in ping and fps to put V-Sync on.
"
ceapone66 wrote:
I activated Lockstep and V-Sync and the game feels amazing at constant 60 FPS and 66 ms.
I recommended to everyone with fluctuations in ping and fps to put V-Sync on.

I should probably try this. Because with lockstep I actually dislike how the animation felt alot less fluid.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Pings over 300 make it really hard to even move in lockstep... you keep "correcting" while you're waiting for your last move to act. Keep your ping on the screen with F1 and you'll catch it if you have trouble. It would be really nice to have kind of an alarm for bad pings.

Pings less than 100 work great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info