Legacy items are bullshit

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
First of all, expecting equal treatment is never being entitled, by definition.

You don't know the meaning of the word. I don't have to give you a yacht just because Donald Trump has one.

It's like how outraged celebrities play the "freedom of speech" card even though freedom of speech doesn't mean that you're immune from private/professional censure or entitled to a soapbox.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 23, 2015, 5:10:06 AM
"
"
maxkardinal wrote:
GGG need to do something with Standard and suffer consiquences for their mistakes. But they won't because in capitalism making money is goal, not creating something outstanding.

That's hilariously easy to contradict.
If they wanted to make money they simply wouldn't make legacies at all and leave low-life, EB+MOM, snapshotting and the Crown of Eyes unnerfed and simply crank out overpowered items one-after-the-other. With old stuff only becoming obsolete merely because new imbalanced stuff has come out.

The fact that they're willing to anger you to pursue their vision of balance means that they aren't just doing this for the money.

I see you know alot about money making...

...but this conversation won't do anything. I stated my opinion, you stated yours. We disagree. And thats fine.
"

You don't know the meaning of the word. I don't have to give you a yacht just because Donald Trump has one.

It's like how outraged celebrities play the "freedom of speech" card even though freedom of speech doesn't mean that you're immune from private/professional censure or entitled to a soapbox or financial support to say whatever you want.

No, but, following your example, if I worked for as long as Donald Trump did to earn that yacht, in the same area, possessing the same skills and so on, I should reasonably expect to be able to earn that yacht. If that were not the case, if this Donald Trump has, say, some inherent bonus, like, say, being in a favored disposition from others in the same area of work, not based on performance or anything related, that enabled him to earn this yacht in an amount of time, while not allowing anyone else following the same steps to do so, then we would be closer to the situation in Standard with legacies.

And you should not make assumptions about my vocabulary. I do not make assumptions about your traits based on your posts.
Last edited by Shieldbreaker on May 23, 2015, 5:19:08 AM
"
You're talking about getting to level 100 in a permanent league.
Shifting goal posts. Also bad.

WTF?

What I replied to was about permanent leagues.

That the difference between 500 and 1000 life Kaom's in standard is irrelevant.

I gave an example of relevance and shot the ball directly between the goal posts that YOU set.

#shiftinggoalposts.

These boards are amazing.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 23, 2015, 5:25:42 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
You're talking about getting to level 100 in a permanent league.
Shifting goal posts. Also bad.

WTF?

What I replied to was about permanent leagues.

That the difference between 500 and 1000 life Kaom's in standard is irrelevant.

I gave an example of relevance and shot the ball directly between the goal posts that YOU set.

#shiftinggoalposts.

These boards are amazing.

Are you reading the same things I am?
goetzjam stated that level 100 is achievable without legacies in temporary leagues. That was the example you chose.
So why is it, with functionally infinite time, is this somehow specially unachievable in a permanent league?

He met your criteria. You moved the posts by saying those leagues are qualitatively different. That is not even remotely a valid objection.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 23, 2015, 5:43:24 AM
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"

It's like how outraged celebrities play the "freedom of speech" card even though freedom of speech doesn't mean that you're immune from private/professional censure or entitled to a soapbox or financial support to say whatever you want.

No, but, following your example, if I worked for as long as Donald Trump did to earn that yacht, in the same area, possessing the same skills and so on, I should reasonably expect to be able to earn that yacht.

You know, just stop. The longer you keep talking, the more you're proving my point.
Yachts are luxuries. They don't matter. You don't need them to live.

The fact that you think this is equality shows how perverse your understanding of basic human rights are. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on May 23, 2015, 6:11:46 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Please let me know which legacies let people farm at 10x the speed of non-legacies. I feel like I'm missing out on something.

By my 10x example I meant comparing mirrored-tier gear, like legacy 70% multiplier amulets with other tier 1 affixes, vs a decent 1-2 exalted worth build a new player might be reasonably expected to use.

The actual difference between all legacies tier 1 gear and modern tier 1 gear would be like 1,3x at most, I believe, I am not that good at knowing all the affixes and so on, never crafted any tier 1 gear.

And add in 100 or so iiq for 1,3x(1+1)=2,6x faster farming. Which is still a huge difference for 6x tier 1 at all slots of gear.
Last edited by Shieldbreaker on May 23, 2015, 5:52:16 AM
"

You know, just stop. The longer you keep talking, the more you're proving my point.

The fact that you think this is equality shows how perverse your understanding of basic human rights are. [Removed by Support]

First of all, you brought up that example, I used it to extrapolate an analogy to the situation with legacy gear in Standard. The only thing you are doing is stating that you used a bad example, which I do not agree with, it was a decent example, hence my ability to turn it into a successful analogy.

Secondly, I do not see how my understanding of basic human rights has something to do with examples you bring up. Nor do I understand how selfishness can be petty. And you should not speculate on the ethics of others based on such small data samples, it is rather rude.

And I did warn you to not bring up speculations on traits. I find many of your accusations rather offensive, and you do not show any inclination to stop using them, so I am reporting you. I advise you to do several things, namely, read a bit about debating.
Last edited by Shieldbreaker on May 23, 2015, 6:20:57 AM
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"

First of all, you brought up that example, I used it to extrapolate an analogy to the situation with legacy gear in Standard. The only thing you are doing is stating that you used a bad example, which I do not agree with, it was a decent example, hence my ability to turn it into a successful analogy.

Secondly, I do not see how my understanding of basic human rights has something to do with examples you bring up. Nor do I understand how selfishness can be petty.

And I did warn you to not bring up speculations on traits. I find many of your accusations rather offensive, and you do not show any inclination to stop using them, so I am reporting and ignoring you. I advise you to do several things, namely, read a bit about debating, [Removed by Support]

Really? Then let me make this easy.
Legacies are luxuries. They don't matter. You don't need them to live.
You don't have a positive right to them. You can work at obtaining either them or yachts, but nobody has to guarantee your success or failure.

You have the freedom to pursue them, but GGG has no ethical obligation to make them commonplace or easier to obtain. Even if they did, it merely ups challenge or sets new ones. It's all relative.

You can very well choose to make pretty rows for your own amusement in chess, even if it's not the game the designers had in mind for it.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 23, 2015, 6:23:02 AM
Hey everyone!

If conversation keeps getting derailed with ad hominem attacks I'll have to lock it, so let's try to keep this thread civil please :)
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info