Upcoming changes to Leech

i realy gont understand how vaal packt will work now i just want to understand will my VP dual claw will have the same leech and survivability
"
Malone wrote:
"
Darkaleb wrote:

Excuse a noob question: is there any difference with instant leech between old and new mechanic?

There is no mechanical change for the instant leech. But values have changed ( both vaal pact efficiency and leech value on passives/gear ).
At the end it's a very severe nerf to instant leech ( 50 % nerf )

Thank you for your answer.
Very bad news for VP / acuity...
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The modifier on the item goes entirely unchanged; the item still has a "LifeLeech" affix with a value of "1". However, the effect of that value has been changed. Rather than value = %Leeched, the affix value is now divided by five to determine %Leeched.

Because they wanted to change literally every item with Leech, they can adjust the Leech modifier itself, and they don't have to change anything about existing items. On the other hand, if GGG decides that Garbage Heart should roll higher values for the Leech modifier, they would have to specifically hunt down each item - after all, they cannot simply change the Leech modifier to be 50% stronger because it'd apply to all items with a Leech modifier.

e;f,b
Pretty much this. We changed what leech values mean. (it's actually a bit more complicated in that we also introduced new leech stats that actually use the values the way the stats say they will which will be used going forward so that the balance team doesn't have to always remember to multiply the value they want by 5 when adding leech to items/skills. And it was made more complicated again by grandmasters needing to still work. But this is what basically happened - we didn't change any values, we changed the game so when it sees the stat "life_leech_%" it treats it as though it was "this value is five times the life leech % value".

just to have it here as well
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

"
Qarl wrote:
For example we have a few big improvements coming for leech. We think you'll like them.

Why?

What on earth did you base this on?

It is well-known that developers are completely out of touch with the game, pushing changes for the sake of changes and running nerf fests without any reasoning behind it while leaving some of the most broken thing unchanged and untouched. It is very saddening to see what game turned into compared to original closed beta. Sometimes I question if there are still same people behind GGG forum accounts or were they replaced by some sort of aliens.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
I don't think that they are listening us AND they will change it.
Leech nerfed, IC nerfed, EC nerfed. What else? Just a coffee and mjö+shavs and idontcare.
It not will make game interresting, it will add problems and after solving this problems we'll get the new. I don't see future for the game when to play you solving problems every time when you playing this game. Games for relax, games for social, games for activity, but not for "Now i can cast EC and IC and i don't have sockets anymore (_0_)".
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
I have tried the Life leech gem on spark and no matter how many hits (stacks) the leech rate does not change. I then tried Vaal pact and I got about 500 energy shield back per hit which makes leech without Vaal pact useless.
GGG, please see the tests I did in this post: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1294097/page/3

More than one leech effect, at least with Ghost Reaver, is never in effect. Also, please clarify if separate leech effects (as said here) happens at the same time and thus increases the leech Rate or if each effect is supposed to happen after each other. Neither of these two cases work. Only one leech effect works and only at 2% of maximum energy shield (only tested with Ghost Reaver)
So not only will players be unable to run their skills but they'll also enjoy a life leech rate that's been cut to the ground against things that are actually a threat to kill their chars? Good job.
Changes seem either poorly implemented, poorly thought through, or a combination of both.

Leach is basically useless now for characters throughout leveling and still next to worthless for characters putting out very high physical damage. Leach rates do not seem to be stacking as you suggest they would. In general leach was simply nerfed into the ground, which is a poor choice imo.
I think you guys may have overnerfed the % of damage leeched numbers. I'm thinking most of the complaints stem from that most people are just unable to reach the cap at all right now, as Shock Nova in a4m I leech about 0.5% of my life per mob. The only time this has been noticeable is the Voll fight when he summons 20 guys at once and crits in Daresso's pitfights where I finally leech more than 60 life a shot.

I'm going to test a bit with 4% leech Spark and both with Vaal Pact before I make a final verdict, but I'm thinking you can pull the %leech nerf back to 1/3 or even 1/2 of live and put a small effectiveness nerf on VP to get to a better place than now while still the leech nerf/rebalance you want.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info