Upcoming changes to Leech

"
xhul wrote:
Oh, i thought it was already the case, a bit like life gain on hit.
Still, tanking is gonna be a bit more tough now.
Thanks for the clarification =]

Vaal Pact was never limited by leech rates or the normal leech mechanics. You'd always leech from everything you hit, ignoring normal limitations if you were using Vaal Pact.

So disregard what Gogodrop37 said, you're still correct in it being a 50% overall VP nerf.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Last edited by idiocyincarnate on Jun 23, 2015, 6:23:30 PM
"
I hope you found the above at least interesting, I apologize for the length, any observations\corrections are welcomed.

Where are you getting your blood rage leech values from?
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
I hope you found the above at least interesting, I apologize for the length, any observations\corrections are welcomed.

Where are you getting your blood rage leech values from?

From youtube videos made by players already in beta, ofc that doesn't mean blood rage values won't change till beta ends, but from what I have gathered they don't intend to reduce life leech value of blood rage, only values from warlord's mark\gear mods\support gems as stated from the devs :

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
All the existing cases of leech on items is now 20% of what it was before, for example an item with 1% Life Leech, will now have 0.2% Life Leech. This has been applied to all existing items.

Some things such as the Support Gems and Warlord's Mark have had their values reduced by 80% and then manually adjusted.

There is no mention for Blood Rage been reduced in the same manner as stated above so i'm "guessing" it will stay that way.

Ofcourse I could be easily wrong.
Dunno how accurate this is (and I cba with beta).

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Blood+Rage

But it is 1.2% here and doesn't show any increases for quality or level.

It may well be a bit higher, but I wouldn't expect much or it will be so OP with how shitty leech is everywhere else.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 24, 2015, 5:53:47 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

It may well be a bit higher, but I wouldn't expect much or it will be so OP with how shitty leech is everywhere else.

True.
However, we are far from the division by 5 applied to items.
In my opinion, that nerf will at the end make blood rage as significant as Haste if you see what i mean, even with the juicy attack speed addition.
Looks to me like the survival of vaal pact users will be, shall we say, a bit compromised.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Well it's actually exactly 1/5th (20%) when you compare lvl 20 gems, if that remains at 1.2% (which is what that site is saying) at lvl 20 then versus the live lvl 20 BR which is 6% at lvl 20, that's exactly a division of 5.

I'm well aware, though, that live quality also gives leech and live passive tree has buff effects (both gone in 2.0) which could more than triple that 6%. But, nevertheless the /5 or 20%, or 80% nerf comparison is there.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 24, 2015, 7:22:29 PM
Nerf to leech reminds me of d3.

Dreadful to know that it's heading towards that direction. Oh well..don't fix what isn't broken I hope.

Like someone mentioned in this thread earlier..godly characters that facetank bosses with leech in standard league shouldn't taken as a Reference for balancing.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Very interesting. At the videos I saw BRage had 6% Leech at lvl1 & lvl18 so Leech was not scaled during gem lvling. Your link proves that most likely BRage will be subjected to the same division with "5" as all other items\gems.

Quality only increases attack speed , levels attack speed & duration, but these things could easily change again till awakening release.
"
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Very interesting. At the videos I saw BRage had 6% Leech at lvl1 & lvl18 so Leech was not scaled during gem lvling. Your link proves that most likely BRage will be subjected to the same division with "5" as all other items\gems.

Quality only increases attack speed , levels attack speed & duration, but these things could easily change again till awakening release.

That was probably the new BR gem, but before the 'global' 20% leech slaughter. There was quite a while where BR was in that 'in-between' state.
Casually casual.

Why did you decided to ruin so great leech mechanics? To make (already mandatory) AoE builds even more powerful, while single-target skills (that are already weak) will be even weaker?

What's next? HP regen and flask recovery will increase as number of enemies nearby increases?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info