Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"nods head" "casually droping an i understand"

thanks for the detailed explanation. i undertstood nothing. my money is well spend on you guys
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
Karcaroth wrote:
"
RootCookie wrote:

So asinine.
This is a game, and if you take away the tools the game requires to play then it impacts the game.
Sitting there while you also playing the game then coming out with that statement is just plain and simple stupid.

I know, why don't I take the ball away from some footballers, its only plastic, not even real leather Totally not needed for the game.

Some people.

Well, if someone has never gotten a character into the true endgame, I guess I could see why everything would seem trivial to them. It's all just pixels! Just buy another one from Tarkleigh man.

I understand that if you put time and effort into something it doesn't matter whether it's pixels or not. Please go back to being outraged at GGG, not me.
"
RootCookie wrote:
I still believe this was caused by the new supporter packs which just makes the situation even more ironic.
They cant even compensate people or show some sort of goodwill (Free coins, a free MTX that says My Items where deleted and all I got was this T-shirt) 'cus they cant tell if the errors/deleted items where caused by the bug or not. Great. Just bloody typical.

"
DnAngel wrote:
Of course if there was good will they could restore the items for people that ask for them and can be checked on the logs.... Maybe if people pay 30$ to get them back they can make an exception.

I payed $1100 to lose my items and you want me to pay $ to get them back?
I'm not really angry, just disappointed, but that would make me very angry.

Cool :) GGG, could you add "We will re-roll any of your death/item loses/stupidity" on that $1.1k pack :)

P.S. I will buy PoE The Awakening support pack soon, but if I had no family, childrens etc, I would have $1.1k supp pack allready :)

Edit: P.S.S. We all supporting GGG not for restoring items, even it's GGG fault. THIS is just a GAME. :)
Last edited by BestiyaLV on May 12, 2015, 3:28:45 AM
"
Karcaroth wrote:
"
Ekozz wrote:
acting as if this is some giant snub to the afflicted users is downright sensationalism.

Except that it is. People lost acuities, mirrors, legacy shavs. All the whiteknights have taken to calling these things 'mere pixels', but these 'mere pixels' are the heart of the game. If you don't understand that the extreme time and effort involved in obtaining those items means something, then there's nothing to discuss.

And even ignoring the people claiming ostensibly unprovable 'loss', GGG is refusing to restore items with missing mods out of some twisted sense of 'fairness'. If that's not a slap in the face, I don't know what is.

i understand fully the time it takes to accumulate things. i understand the time it takes to make, to create.

i also know the pain of losing those things. so thank you for your fallacious rebuttal, but it has absolutely no bearing on me. it's still firmly spacious reasoning to decree, without a second thought, that GGG is some sort of evil boogeyman here. Does it hurt to have something of yours destroyed? hell yes. but if the reason it's gone is truly an accident, then it's your prerogative to accept that.

GGG has stated multiple times that in the interest of keeping the game and userbase stable (and because they have absolutely no technical system to help fix this type of issue), there is no reasonable way to do what any of you are asking. yeah, that sucks. but from the statements i've seen them make, they hardly want to be making this tough decision either! they honestly seem truly sorry for the bullshit that's been stirred up, and here you are throwing them under the bus because they couldn't live up to your expectations. if they said "it can't be done", there's probably several damned good reasons (both technical and non-technical) why.
Last edited by Ekozz on May 12, 2015, 3:52:43 AM
"memory corruption" is a nasty one and very hard to find, especially after that many changes to the live realm. glad you found it.

for the "no restore policy". well, the only other option probably was to restore a backup from two weeks ago. i'm glad i didn't have to make that decision.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I think I'd quit the game forever if the game deleted a mirror(ed) item with this bug and GGG said "no restore".
"
geradon wrote:
"memory corruption" is a nasty one and very hard to find, especially after that many changes to the live realm. glad you found it.

for the "no restore policy". well, the only other option probably was to restore a backup from two weeks ago. i'm glad i didn't have to make that decision.

Reports of items missing started about a month ago with rrtson losing one of his acuities.

No, a one month roll back is out of the question. I just hope GGG has learned from this incident and will put a system in place that allows them to track items in case this happens again in the future.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
jooozek wrote:
I think I'd quit the game forever if the game deleted a mirror(ed) item with this bug and GGG said "no restore".

the likelyhood of one mirrored item being affected at 400 out of (maybe) 50 million items total in a bit unrealistic.

and even then, yes it's a sad thing players lost items they spent alot of time finding them but alot of players permanently quit for other reasons, game is going on.

if ggg would make periodic wipes it wouldn't be that bad. maybe that incident is a push to rethink that policy.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Nuro wrote:
I'm extremely disappointed that you aren't restoring items that were obviously destroyed by the bug.

If a player posted about an item disappearing in a bug report or support ticket, and you can see it was legitimately destroyed, it should be fairly obvious that they did not perform the action. If an expensive item was destroyed, such as a Shav's or 6-link, it should be equally obvious. If the item had a microtransaction on it it should be perfectly obvious. If the stats on the item are completely nonsensical... I really can't even put to words how obvious that is.

That was i wanted to say!!! I can't add more, that is exactly what i wanted to say!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
geradon wrote:
"
jooozek wrote:

the likelyhood of one mirrored item being affected at 400 out of (maybe) 50 million items total in a bit unrealistic.

and even then, yes it's a sad thing players lost items they spent alot of time finding them but alot of players permanently quit for other reasons, game is going on.

if ggg would make periodic wipes it wouldn't be that bad. maybe that incident is a push to rethink that policy.

Wipe? What? Permanent leagues? You like wipes? Go play temp leagues.
Last edited by jooozek on May 12, 2015, 4:11:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info