Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"
LOTS of games have that in TOS just to cover their ass but no game I've played - of the 10-12 games I've played - Ever went back on TOS they returned items OR compensated. So you're saying if you like your items quit now because they will never be returned to you and you never know if they will vanish in thin air, in your logic lets not play any game then because that's a blanket TOS. Well at least now I can say I've seen one company use the TOS to screw the customer and not even give a dime in compensation. PS do you think they just pulled those numbers out of their ass? Sounds like YOU'RE the ignorant one here, they knew about the bug 2 weeks or so before this post I don't believe they only just found out what the bug was and how to fix it in 2 weeks I believe they are more professional then that.

1. youre supposed to read the TOS before something happens (yeah ok i didnt too), so you dont expect a restoration or smthing. and dude, when will you get that they CANNOT know what items exactly are affected.
2. i said that, IF youre not ok with their policy, you should quit. i for myself am ok with this.
3. im not that into the technical, but we can assume that it wasnt easy to fix, let alone FIND the bug and what causes it. there were like idk, maybe 20 (out of several million) items affected each day? i dont think thats a reason to give a warning to everyone without even knowing what is happening
"
"
LOTS of games have that in TOS just to cover their ass but no game I've played - of the 10-12 games I've played - Ever went back on TOS they returned items OR compensated. So you're saying if you like your items quit now because they will never be returned to you and you never know if they will vanish in thin air, in your logic lets not play any game then because that's a blanket TOS. Well at least now I can say I've seen one company use the TOS to screw the customer and not even give a dime in compensation. PS do you think they just pulled those numbers out of their ass? Sounds like YOU'RE the ignorant one here, they knew about the bug 2 weeks or so before this post I don't believe they only just found out what the bug was and how to fix it in 2 weeks I believe they are more professional then that.

1. youre supposed to read the TOS before something happens (yeah ok i didnt too), so you dont expect a restoration or smthing. and dude, when will you get that they CANNOT know what items exactly are affected.
2. i said that, IF youre not ok with their policy, you should quit. i for myself am ok with this.
3. im not that into the technical, but we can assume that it wasnt easy to fix, let alone FIND the bug and what causes it. there were like idk, maybe 20 (out of several million) items affected each day? i dont think thats a reason to give a warning to everyone without even knowing what is happening

And now we are brought back to THEY KNOW WHAT ITEMS just those ITEMS are also with other items that were vendored etc, and if this is the case LOGIC dictates items of a HUGE value wouldn't be destroyed or vendored Correct? E.g MIRRORS, SHAV's and other HIGH value items wouldn't just be vendored Yes? Or do you think people just do that for laughs during the time of this BUG? And you call others ignorant. From the FACTS given to us that is how it reads they have decided people threw out these items during the time of the bug in a fact of carelessness so if you read it with the FACTS how fair does it sound?
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 14, 2015, 9:16:58 PM
"
Peopleofwar wrote:

And now we are brought back to THEY KNOW WHAT ITEMS just those ITEMS are also with other items that were vendored etc, and if this is the case LOGIC dictates items of a HUGE value wouldn't be destroyed or vendored Correct? E.g MIRRORS, SHAV's and other HIGH value items wouldn't just be vendored Yes? Or do you think people just do that for laughs during the time of this BUG? And you call others ignorant. From the FACTS given to us that is how it reads they have decided people threw out these items during the time of the bug in a fact of carelessness so if you read it with the FACTS how fair does it sound?

i never talked about fairness, i talked about the logic in their reasoning.

also, there probably werent only high-end items affected, but most ppl wouldnt freak out about some random lvl 1 chest dissapearing. also, theyd have to go throught a LOT of logs to look for those items. high end mirrored weapons/armours arent different from normal rare trash items on their servers too.
"
"
Peopleofwar wrote:

also, there probably werent only high-end items affected, but most ppl wouldnt freak out about some random lvl 1 chest dissapearing. also, theyd have to go throught a LOT of logs to look for those items. high end mirrored weapons/armours arent different from normal rare trash items on their servers too.

You like ASSUMING things don't you, my item was a UNIQUE and it disappeared so you assume wrong. Ever heard of the saying ' assuming makes an ass out of you and me? ' Better off not assuming things not based on facts. The facts are they know roughly the number of items disappeared logic would say they then know roughly what items have disappeared. Use logic every problem is solvable its all about if you can be BOTHERED to fix a problem or not. Facts are High end gear HAS disappeared. Also hence they have numbers meaning they HAVE looked through the logs so again, stop assuming.
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 15, 2015, 12:46:39 AM
Equipped helmet has disappeared with skin and gems, any solutions of this problem?
"
D3W wrote:
Equipped helmet has disappeared with skin and gems, any solutions of this problem?

As stated just email them at : support@grindinggear.com and ask for the skin back, the helmet is gone + the gems. Also you won't get any compensation for losing your gems and helmet. * they give the skin back pretty fast when emailed within usually the day :) *
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 15, 2015, 2:00:44 AM
"
Peopleofwar wrote:
"
D3W wrote:

As stated just email them at : support@grindinggear.com and ask for the skin back, the helmet is gone + the gems. Also you won't get any compensation for losing your gems and helmet. * they give the skin back pretty fast when emailed within usually the day :) *

Sry my inattention, was rolledback after disconnect, i find helmet in the workbench. Ty anyway :)
"
Peopleofwar wrote:
"

You like ASSUMING things don't you, my item was a UNIQUE and it disappeared so you assume wrong. Ever heard of the saying ' assuming makes an ass out of you and me? ' Better off not assuming things not based on facts. The facts are they know roughly the number of items disappeared logic would say they then know roughly what items have disappeared. Use logic every problem is solvable its all about if you can be BOTHERED to fix a problem or not. Facts are High end gear HAS disappeared. Also hence they have numbers meaning they HAVE looked through the logs so again, stop assuming.

they approximated. they DO NOT have exact numbers. i dont know how they approximated, but i believe them, when they say they did.
i dont know how the items look in their server, but they dont look like on our side for sure. they might very well not be able to differentiate different uniques (aka 2 shavs from each other) at first glance.

Spoiler
not even starting with that they could also not have the logs anymore....just sayin

"
Peopleofwar wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

I rather prefer they stick to their principle of not restoring stuff unless a complete rollback is required instead of breaking this up. After all this is one situation... what about the next bug, that surely will come, maybe it is a bit less severe and then comes the next and after some time they end up spending a lot of time on restoring items because they have to do it now, because they did it in the past. They will ensure that all MTX etc. are restored if lost due to this and this is reasonable, because you actually bought them.

Principles are all well in good but what if the next bug is not so small and its the same thing the time line was 2 weeks? what then? They need some type of system other then just ' oh yeah roll back '. A game shouldn't just stiff its customers and basically say ' yeah its our fault we missed the bug sorry, but your items aren't coming back ' which in the end that you've spent longer to get then a $5-10 mtx. I love the game but knowing your items at any point can disappear from a bug and all you'll get is a sorry not even a dime given in compensation, just makes me extremely cautious of playing. I mean its ok for people who didn't lose anything to say ' good job! Don't give those crying bastards anything ' but, in the end of the day they DIDN'T lose anything so they don't know the feeling of trusting GGG to do something about it then only 5 days later ' nope nothing sorry '

Ahahahahaahahahahaaha, damn I needed that laugh. Getting money back on a free to play game. That's just hilarious. There's a reason only MTX are being worried about, they're the things actually paid for.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Or, maybe, this was just metaphorical and he meant any compensation possible. Just guessing...
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info