Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"
OptimistMind wrote:
I shouldn't, but I have to also express my dissatisfaction at how item losses (which are not the player's faults) are handled by GGG as a company.

"You played every day for almost a year and saved up every bit of currency you made to afford that 6L Shavs? Well it's going to disappear, but sorry, we will not give it back. But wait, you don't get your currency back either." Read that and tell me how this item loss bug has been handled is the correct route.

Back in the 1 Month Bloodlines/Torment Event I chanced a Cloak of Defiance while partying with a public group. Picked it up off the ground, got the achievement, linked it and said "Holy shit just chanced this," not 20 seconds later everyone in my group disconnected, I logged back in, no Cloak of Defiance in my inventory.

Still had the achievement though, but I suppose when you get the achievement "Left to chance" it does not log which item base the chance orb was used on.

Was pretty pissed to be honest, can only imagine what people who lost mirrors/acuity's/Shavs are feeling.

Easy: you're assuming they have the capability. They have stated they do not. So either you have no reading comprehension, or you assume GGG is lying.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
0nin wrote:
"
AngryCustard wrote:
Nice work.

Edit:
These sorts of bugs are so incredibly complex. So amazing work in getting it fixed so quickly.

However I have to say that it is pretty poor that you're not restoring items. There is no legitimate way to buy items in this game, players spend thousands of hours playing, grinding to save for that shav's or 6L to perfect their build. It is not their fault that these items become corrupted. I really think they should be replaced.
This isn't even a matter of policy. They just can't. They can't tell whether any items got destroyed by players or by the bug, there's no difference. And blindly trusting people they're telling the truth about that 6L Shavs they lost isn't really an option.

NOBODY would ever vendor/destroy their 6L Shavs or Acuity... come on, stop being stupid.

GGG not restoring obvious HIGH-END uniques is just plain fucking stupid. It is their fault, and they should take the consequences of their fuck up.

They COULD restore items, but they would have to do it by CASE BY CASE basis. Which they don't want to, because they would have to get people working on. So they will just let some people rot and be angry about their loss. Because, hey, only 300 people got affected by it.

I'm really disappointed in what happened and how GGG handled it.

Bug got fixed. Cool. IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLAC. And players shouldn't be affected by GGG's fuck up. GGG should be.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 12, 2015, 1:05:15 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Bug got fixed. Cool. IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLAC. And players shouldn't be affected by GGG's fuck up. GGG should be.

Um... you know that bugs should never exist but always do right? You're like the woman at the emergency room that asked me if I had an appointment when I went in with my hand wrapped in a blood-soaked towel (and yes, that really happened).

Anyone that plays a computer game and expects there to never, ever be a single bug that will affect their gameplay in a detrimental way is a delusional fool.

When you find a bug in a single player game do you email the devs to demand reparations?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Perq wrote:

NOBODY would ever vendor/destroy their 6L Shavs or Acuity... come on, stop being stupid.

GGG not restoring obvious HIGH-END uniques is just plain fucking stupid. It is their fault, and they should take the consequences of their fuck up.

They COULD restore items, but they would have to do it by CASE BY CASE basis. Which they don't want to, because they would have to get people working on. So they will just let some people rot and be angry about their loss. Because, hey, only 300 people got affected by it.

I'm really disappointed in what happened and how GGG handled it.

Hey, come down to real world, stop living in 100%-perfect imaginary-game-etc world - shit happens.

<IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE EXISTED> oh, come to GGG and take senior-programmer position. You are perfect? Do it ASAP.

Sorry, I should not comment like this, but come on people...

As Chris said - "We believe that less than 300 items were affected in total." Not users, but items.

So how big item base is on GGG live servers? 10+,20+mil? I have ~30 tabs on standart/hc, ~20 of them with items... multiply it with USER acounts... I'would say ~100+mil items perhaps... AND 300 corrupted... oh men...
Last edited by BestiyaLV on May 12, 2015, 1:26:40 AM
"
BestiyaLV wrote:

As Chris said - "We believe that less than 300 items were affected in total." Not users, but items.

I highly doubt that. Christ also said that they know about the bug since a week, while reports exist since at last a month.

A little bit disappointed to say the least. Completely agree with Anu here.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
LMAO, the people with rare items with a mod that disappeared have just been told to use a divine to reroll it from the 0 value the bug gave it.

They haven't been given a divine, it seemingly doesn't matter that they may reroll all the mods to worse than now.

I wonder if that's what gets the mod back on the shav's, yeah, just divine that legacy shav's.

Sux to be the guy who lost his acuity. I have no idea what I may or may not have lost.

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
The craziest thing happened. Most of my 4 links became 6 links! Reverse whammy bug?

Good job squashing it, GGG.
"
Ekozz wrote:
acting as if this is some giant snub to the afflicted users is downright sensationalism.

Except that it is. People lost acuities, mirrors, legacy shavs. All the whiteknights have taken to calling these things 'mere pixels', but these 'mere pixels' are the heart of the game. If you don't understand that the extreme time and effort involved in obtaining those items means something, then there's nothing to discuss.

And even ignoring the people claiming ostensibly unprovable 'loss', GGG is refusing to restore items with missing mods out of some twisted sense of 'fairness'. If that's not a slap in the face, I don't know what is.
Last edited by Karcaroth on May 12, 2015, 2:37:20 AM
"
QFT. I don't understand why people are getting so upset...other companies wouldn't even apologize.

Literally this. The only real fair solution to this would be a complete realm rollback to the point before this bug existed. And I don't think anyone wants that even if it's only a weeks time, although judging from the amount of complaints it sounds it might be months.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
I haven't played on live realm lately, but I did login and check stuff out at least twice in the last couple of weeks.

How do I know I wasn't affected?
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
I still believe this was caused by the new supporter packs which just makes the situation even more ironic.
They cant even compensate people or show some sort of goodwill (Free coins, a free MTX that says My Items where deleted and all I got was this T-shirt) 'cus they cant tell if the errors/deleted items where caused by the bug or not. Great. Just bloody typical.

"
DnAngel wrote:
Of course if there was good will they could restore the items for people that ask for them and can be checked on the logs.... Maybe if people pay 30$ to get them back they can make an exception.

I payed $1100 to lose my items and you want me to pay $ to get them back?
I'm not really angry, just disappointed, but that would make me very angry.
Last edited by RootCookie on May 12, 2015, 2:43:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info