Worth buying Awakening Beta Key?

"
Stefacle wrote:
It's well worth it buying a Supporter Pack to support GGG, as usual.

I consider the Beta key an extra bonus they decided to add to the new packs, nothing more.

Personally, I'm not interested in playing in the Beta, so I gave my key away. Gave it to a person who needs to do research for his build (a previous build of the week winner). I couldn't think of better thing to do with my key as now I know that my favorite build will be tested and updated for the Act 4 release. For the benefit of my self and everybody else who loves this build :)

See right there is where they fucked up. How does a botw winner not have a beta key? How does top 10 ladder ppls not have beta keys. Basically how does ppl with solid understand not have beta key? Naw instead whole thing was a cash grab preying on scarcity and hype to create desire and then sell beta. Now you have shit loads of ppl in there who they wont listen to anyway because its too many. Whole thing was/is a joke. I'll be glad when its over.

If it gets over. Everyone knows by now this should have been called an alpha.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 11:34:41 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:
It's well worth it buying a Supporter Pack to support GGG, as usual.

I consider the Beta key an extra bonus they decided to add to the new packs, nothing more.

Personally, I'm not interested in playing in the Beta, so I gave my key away. Gave it to a person who needs to do research for his build (a previous build of the week winner). I couldn't think of better thing to do with my key as now I know that my favorite build will be tested and updated for the Act 4 release. For the benefit of my self and everybody else who loves this build :)

See right there is where they fucked up. How does a botw winner not have a beta key? How does top 10 ladder ppls not have beta keys. Basically how does ppl with solid understand not have beta key? Naw instead whole thing was a cash grab preying on scarcity and hype to create desire and then sell beta. Now you have shit loads of ppl in there who they wont listen to anyway because its too many. Whole thing was/is a joke. I'll be glad when its over.

If it gets over. Everyone knows by now this should have been called an alpha.

I used to think this was a bad thing too. Then I realized how many cheap leeches are loving and playing this game all the time for free. I know many gamers that spend their entire game time working towards having the game for free (EvE online). They are very far from broke. People will much rather see this game die than pay a dime.

If GGG managed suck some dough out of these people I'm all for it. For people who were planning on "buying" the expansion anyway the beta access was just a bonus. Naturally, the hardcore leeches still refuse. If you are just out of money, then you should at least see why this was done. Nobody knows the financial situation for GGG after working on this expansions. Single unsuccessful titles have ruined studios before.
Very perceptive. Good idea.

I bought 500 pts rather than pack. No interest in alpha/beta and have all those weapons basically in some form. Points are better value in my case.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 4:50:43 PM
Yes. Join us!
buying beta key = there is still hope in humankind
No, please stay away from the beta with that attitude! A beta isn't for playing the content. The purpose of a beta tester is to actually test the changes and help the developers to deliver a better product.

We already have enough tourists in the beta, who give a crap about testing and just whine in the closed beta discussions. We don't need another one!
Last edited by muhomorov on May 13, 2015, 1:56:59 AM
"
muhomorov wrote:
No, please stay away from the beta with that attitude! A beta isn't for playing the content. The purpose of a beta tester is to actually test the changes and help the developers to deliver a better product.

We already have enough tourists in the beta, who give a crap about testing and just whine in the closed beta discussions. We don't need another one!

By playing the content and being a "tourist" you actually help GGG a lot by giving them progression data which is important.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:

By playing the content and being a "tourist" you actually help GGG a lot by giving them progression data which is important.

Although this is true to a certain extent, it is the attitude these people bring along that is the problem. I don't know wether you are in the beta, but the beta forums are full of posts which fall in the exact category i described.

They basically flood the beta forums with angry unconstructive feedback, unnecessary or even duplicate bug reports and threats towards the developers. The outcry about the reduced mana changes was even worse than the obligatory "the sky is falling" thread in general discussion whenever a change is announced.
"
mazul wrote:
In an ideal world, permanent leagues wouldn't even exist, but due to some people whining they do exist and cause balance issues that over and over again cause trouble for GGG.

me and aLOT of other people whould argue that in an "ideal" world there whould only be the permanent leagues as we arent interested in playing themp leagues =)
lol nerd elitism is funny. Im for all leagues SFL Temps permas whatever. More inclusion more dollars for GGG.

I'm no altruist tho. No far from it. More dollars makes me a better game at the end of the day.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 13, 2015, 8:09:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info