Worth buying Awakening Beta Key?

"

Right now, you pretty much only want to buy a key if you want to see how nice loot filters are. They're pretty nice. Nothing else good is in yet.

Completely agree about the loot filters :)

What else is nice?
- performance improvement (on my potato laptop at least)
- act 4 (or what we have from it at least)
- new skills (like the war cries)
- new items & uniques

But yes I agree, if you want to TEST things then do join the beta. But be aware of bugs, resets (where both characters & items get wiped), and constant changes.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
My laptop's pretty good, I didn't notice a performance improvement. But sure, that's another exciting thing to test, if PoE's performance is currently bad for you.

As for the other things Pes listed that are nice, none of them are final, and act 4 content being partially there is explicitly something I don't want to test. Even before this horrible aura change that is making me want to just go on strike, I intentionally did not get through Normal, because I was waiting for the rest of act 4. Pes is right, if you want to test things for GGG then absolutely go right in. But if you're just excited on a sneak preview of PoE 2.0, performance and loot filters are the only things I think are worth your time right now.
Last edited by codetaku on May 11, 2015, 5:27:08 PM
"
My laptop's pretty good, I didn't notice a performance improvement. But sure, that's another exciting thing to test, if PoE's performance is currently bad for you.

I was pretty surprised actually. Playing on a 2 year old ultrabook (i7 3517u & GT620M). In the old client I get around 20-40FPS standing in Lioneyes. With the beta client I sit at around 60.

Dominus fight was around 10ish FPS with the old client. Around 20ish with the new one (still pretty bad, but it does make a difference).

Spoiler
Yes. I should upgrade my hardware. But my student loan is high enough at the moment :D
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"

But yes I agree, if you want to TEST things then do join the beta. But be aware of bugs, resets (where both characters & items get wiped), and constant changes.

As you say - A Beta should involve testing, not just playing.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
$30 packs? WELL worth it, definitely get that one. The beta access is a bonus for people who like betas. Do you like beta testing? Join us in a week or two when they wipe again for the newest patch.

Let me repeat, beta is testing. Don't play in beta if all you want to do is see the new content. It's not complete, and no, they have not implemented the lockstep protocol yet. Various bugs. You'll probably spend most of your time bitching (constructively) about the bad changes (like I do). There are a lot of great changes and new things to see in beta, but everything gets polished right before beta ends, and the released version will be better than beta ever was.
I disagree and rescind my previous recommendation. It is never worth giving GGG money for anything ever again.
"
exilione wrote:
I can't make promises, but I can assure you of one simple fact, it's an experience you WILL enjoy.

I really am a hardcore PoE Fan and play it really a lot.
I quit Beta after 2 Days because without PoE trade i can´t enjoy this game at all.

If you can´t even cap your resists or have to wear shity gear without life to cap, can´t get the most simple and cheap items, even getting a Skillgem is a hughe problem... you find some GG Stuff and can´t sell it at all...

no really its not fun at all for me... i prefere to play this game on live servers not this crappy "semi-selffound" Beta, unable to TEST anything because basic things are so hard to get, how would you test builds that need some specific gear, or even NEW builds...
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on May 11, 2015, 10:04:54 PM
"
I disagree and rescind my previous recommendation. It is never worth giving GGG money for anything ever again.

Because of a glitch GGG hasn't resolved to your satisfaction.

Hearing a lotta that song, these days. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Buy it if you want to support GGG. Personally I've lost interest in the beta because of the mess the balance is in, but I don't regret spending the $30 because it's going to a good company.
I don't see the point in paying for an unfinished version of something you will eventually get for free once its done being created.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info