Worth buying Awakening Beta Key?

"
K0rcii wrote:
Hey I really wanna play the new PoE Expansion, is it still worth getting it. I mean will it be released in a few days or few weeks anyways? So should I wait? Is this: FIXED DESYNC on the Beta already?

Very well worth it. Desync will be fixed this friday.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on May 12, 2015, 2:55:26 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Keep in mind that you will keep nothing from the Beta, not gear, not characters. We've already had one wipe in the Beta realm, a complete reset to nothing. Even premium stash tab labels returned to blank. And there will be more.

Oh you mean how every single challenge league is for the players who play like GGG intended?
"
DoubleU wrote:
"

But yes I agree, if you want to TEST things then do join the beta. But be aware of bugs, resets (where both characters & items get wiped), and constant changes.

As you say - A Beta should involve testing, not just playing.

By just playing you help GGG collect progression data. That helps GGG a lot.
not worth it, it's buggy, unfinished, and unbalanced: it's a beta.
Beta testers are paid to do their job in a normal world. Would you pay for that ?
IGN TylordRampage
Well worth it. If nothing else you are getting coins.
Not worth it if you want to support them to prolong the beta
It's well worth it buying a Supporter Pack to support GGG, as usual.

I consider the Beta key an extra bonus they decided to add to the new packs, nothing more.

Personally, I'm not interested in playing in the Beta, so I gave my key away. Gave it to a person who needs to do research for his build (a previous build of the week winner). I couldn't think of better thing to do with my key as now I know that my favorite build will be tested and updated for the Act 4 release. For the benefit of my self and everybody else who loves this build :)
I would say no.

And this is just from the beta key perspective, better to wait for the finished product to
experience Act 4 and everything else.

I have a feeling that many just want to play the "new" stuff and not really Beta test anything.
Better to save the experience when its a finished product....

There is enough grinding as it is so dont waste precious grinding (hehe) on a beta.

On a support the game note, you can support PoE with equal gusto after release of
the new and shiny !

/Biggels

"
mazul wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Keep in mind that you will keep nothing from the Beta, not gear, not characters. We've already had one wipe in the Beta realm, a complete reset to nothing. Even premium stash tab labels returned to blank. And there will be more.

Oh you mean how every single challenge league is for the players who play like GGG intended?

No, I mean how you keep NO iteration of your characters or gear. In temp leagues, they transfer to parent leagues, In Beta, it's all scrubbed. Significant difference, that. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

No, I mean how you keep NO iteration of your characters or gear. In temp leagues, they transfer to parent leagues, In Beta, it's all scrubbed. Significant difference, that. =^[.]^=

GGG doesn't intend for people to play permanent leagues, they intend for people to over and over again from scratch play challenge leagues.

In an ideal world, permanent leagues wouldn't even exist, but due to some people whining they do exist and cause balance issues that over and over again cause trouble for GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info