State of the Beta - Post #2

Great Job GGG!

Im very happy with current states of the new expansion. keep it up!

and plz dont wipe :D lol take me 8 day to get level 27 lol

thank you.
IGN: SMALLDUCK
Last edited by GOONK on May 11, 2015, 9:16:40 AM
"
GOONK wrote:
Great Job GGG!

Im very happy with current states of the new expansion. keep it up!

and plz dont wipe :D lol take me 8 day to get level 27 lol

thank you.

Lol sry man, but really hope they wipe, Wednesday patch/wipe would be so much better for me too cuz im on vacation this week :)

Also it takes about a couple hours to get to 27 :P
What happend GGG? During 3 days in 1 month hc there is desync more than couple moths before???
I have usually 45-65 latency and desync is not a problem but during that race is pure comedy. Shooting with shift from a fixed place and suddeny you are in different place ( like 10m from shifted position). What is the sense of playn' it?:D

Of course i gona play
yes, form Poland with love:)
Can we get a wipe with the new patch please. And if not asking too much, improved gem rewards instead of the place holder system we have now.

I rarely if ever trade. Current gem rewards leave a lot to be desired.
"
Maxwells wrote:
Move it to a VIP gem which only the rich and famous can get their hands on? Naah, that rubs me the wrong way.

the dev manifesto post was pretty plain about ggg's goals: "move the starting point players use reduced mana from midgame to endgame."

this is compensated by balance shifts of aura reservation costs and other methods so midgame players can run the neccessary amount of auras to reach endgame alive.

what other methods/strategies other than move reduced mana reservation to a slow leveling gem would you suggest for restricting additional auras to endgame? i only see one: a new gem similar to enlighten.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

still no beta RIP RNG!

cannot comment on any of this as will prob not see it untill full release

Salt Level 99.9%
First EB becomes Mana Shield and now RM becomes Enlighten??? Seriously, WTF GGG?!?!?!
3.14 - Removed Harvest from the game.
"
AltairLT wrote:
First EB becomes Mana Shield and now RM becomes Enlighten??? Seriously, WTF GGG?!?!?!

a game which isn't evolving, is a dead game.

i'm actually glad ggg isn't hesitant when it comes to fundamental changes when certain mechanics prevent them from implementing new ideas.

i heard that tetris has pretty stable gameplay rules (kind of contradicts my previous point but what the heck...)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I don't get how we went from "Reduced Mana should be available to everyone!" to "RIP Reduced Mana, now only the elite can have it because we moved it to Enlighten, screw everyone else" in such a short time.

That's like giving rich people tax breaks and making poor people pay even more in taxes.

I support the overall idea of the change. Lower base costs are nice for leveling and being able to run auras earlier, and not being able to run extra auras until endgame absolutely makes sense. This is just implemented terribly.
"
geradon wrote:
"
Maxwells wrote:
Move it to a VIP gem which only the rich and famous can get their hands on? Naah, that rubs me the wrong way.

the dev manifesto post was pretty plain about ggg's goals: "move the starting point players use reduced mana from midgame to endgame."

this is compensated by balance shifts of aura reservation costs and other methods so midgame players can run the necessary amount of auras to reach endgame alive.

what other methods/strategies other than move reduced mana reservation to a slow leveling gem would you suggest for restricting additional auras to endgame? i only see one: a new gem similar to enlighten.

At first I was drastically opposed to it. Knee-jerk reaction and all. However, at this point I kind of like the idea, although I might adjust the balance in one of 2 ways.

1) Adjust drop rate of enlighten appropriately to be more available end game instead of as super rare as it is and make it level-able in temp leagues. Essentially end game usable by average players in a league, with rarity on par with some uniques. I would probably say increased drop rate available only in maps.

-OR-

2) Increase the effectiveness of the reduce reservation nodes, taking all those nodes providing the roughly the same effectiveness as the reduce mana gem before. This would give roughly 2 effects:
A. Sacrifice of passives and tree path (as taking all these passives takes a lot of work and limits your tree and other options) temp league players are able to achieve this with great sacrifice to their passives. Seems fair, as it limits their build options gives the pros and cons of auras (the reduced mana reservation reduced the importance of these nodes and that hasn't been compensated for)
B. Standard league players who get an enlighten and choose to level it and run uniques around it AND sacrifice build tree options.....well, they can run a TON of auras OR run near the same number of auras as the passives but sacrifice gear options in order to gain passive tree options. May get a little OP, but hey, it's standard not temp leagues where we truly want the balance right?

- Just a couple of thoughts that can certainly be refined.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info