State of the Beta - Post #2

Beta looks awesome with new monsters, new act and new itens and quests, can't wait for those things.

But about balance and gameplay I'm really worried. Everybody need a comfortable "clear speed" and fortify as a support gem is nothing but a gem on a socket that's not DPS, and almost every melee already start with the downside of needing a good weapon.

Golens are a really good thing, straight and simple: crit, damage OR survivability. I feel it's a good gem to have on any socket.

But the worst thing, RM change. People already have to travel more on the tree because of the gems (ok they are awesome and can also give more dps/clear speed), having to "waste" more points on mana reservation and/or use a lvl 4 enlighten to do what you did before is almost painfull.

It's ok to have to choose, but players already have to do that, even the most rich, low life, lvl 21 RM and lvl 21 Blood Magic can't run every aura and herald. A sacrifice has to be done already! People can't do much with auras already and things are getting worst.

I really want to understand what's wrong with the current state of the game. This RM change the core of how people play, almost everybody use RM and agree with that socket and 4l dedicated to an aura. We don't need "more things to do". Only summoners need more than: main skill, curse (you can have curse setup WITH RM, without that is a slower game, that doesn't feel as good) and movement skill.

RM on a main skill? One socket for that? Doesn't lookg good. (Maybe it's a secret melee frenzy elemental build with fortify+RM+melee splash that's really op that's getting nerfed...)
Last edited by VashSan on May 12, 2015, 9:31:47 AM
''We are still on track for the late June/early July release discussed in last week's state of the beta post.''

Well, there goes my summer!
Awesome! Can't wait to test the new cxhanges!
For so far I have played the closed beta, it feels like they are taking out any and all advantages you could have to slow you down. Cast when damage taken no one I talked to uses it anymore, you might as well delete it. Arctic armour people running it on lvl2 cause not enough mana regen for higher. You need more tree points to get the same bonus as before. Only Scion could be about the same with 3 jewel spots right next to it and even then I doubt it doesn't give as much as before.

I get the idea it's forcing the characters to be more pure, to stay closer to starting points.

Attacks being neutered, gems being neutered, all that's being done, is make the characters weaker, taking away any and all advantage they could have. That so that a handful players that reach level 100 take a week or maybe 2 weeks longer to reach 100. And off course annoy the crap out of the rest of the players that already never reached level 100.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info