State of the Beta - Post #2

Thank you Carl; very much appreciate the update. Good of you to appear on the podcast yesterday as well; exciting times for GGG and The Awakening.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Gratz giving EVERY SINGLE CLASS Reduced Mana via quest in a recent patch and then replacing it by a gem available ONLY BY RARE LOOT and have the balls to say "some character don't have access to reduced mana".

WTH?

Okay, you can hard balance/nerf stuff, it's FINE, really! But at least don't give stupid excuses.
"
Ekainen wrote:
Gratz giving EVERY SINGLE CLASS Reduced Mana via quest in a recent patch and then replacing it by a gem available ONLY BY RARE LOOT and have the balls to say "some character don't have access to reduced mana".

WTH?

Okay, you can hard balance/nerf stuff, it's FINE, really! But at least don't give stupid excuses.

honestly, who cares ? it's the same for every players, every classes.
IGN TylordRampage
thanks , busy with the 1M race now but will check new stuff soon!
Spoiler
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Sounds great. Looking forward to trying out the new lockstep on my connection and seeing how it goes. :)
"
Malone wrote:
honestly, who cares ? it's the same for every players, every classes.

Lots of people care, because they replaced it with Enlighten, something that is objectively more rare than reduced mana, for everyone. Lots fewer people would care if they just removed the lower mana multiplier mechanic altogether.

It's a bad change with bad reasoning and they should either revert it or feel bad about it.
Last edited by codetaku on May 11, 2015, 7:44:21 AM
Actually the reduced mana nerf makes totally sense, we're just so used to it since original closed beta I think that when it's taken away we have this 'whyy??? cryyy' reaction.

Anyways great work guys, keep it up, I hope it's released very early july and we don't have to wait a half summer to play our favorite game seriously again !
"
We are still on track for the late June/early July release discussed in last week's state of the beta post.

This is probably the best part of the announcement.

Not because I care about such things, but because there are hoards who do, and keeping them pacified on every little delay or lack thereof is probably a very clever thing.

Overall however...LOCKSTEP HYPE??!
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
"
leto2626 wrote:
Actually the reduced mana nerf makes totally sense, we're just so used to it since original closed beta I think that when it's taken away we have this 'whyy??? cryyy' reaction.

The only people that actually like this change are a) the super-super-rich that like it when things are more exclusive, b) the complete scrubs that never even make it to maps and have never had high-level reduced mana gems, but still have the audacity to complain about balance (racing is already balanced around, low-level leveling is fine, just because you [general you] can't level fast doesn't mean it's not balanced), and c) the people that love watching QQs.

Why would making Enlighten the new super-mandatory gem for all builds everywhere be a good idea?
Last edited by codetaku on May 11, 2015, 7:47:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info