State of the Beta - Post #2

Well here I was thinking that this was finally going to be an update to the game where all my characters were not made weaker, I guess I was just dreaming.

I was liking what I saw from the new melee fortify buff for my melee characters as well as the golems that were added but I also have not yet made it to high level maps to see how they hold up there and I should also say that I think that the item filter is the best thing you have done yet.

I also didn't come across any horrible changes to the passive tree yet and the jewels (at least what I have come across so far) seem to allow for some slight improvements.

So I guess I should have been expecting there had to be some bad things coming and to me the change to reduced mana so it will not affect auras is just that. Not only that but you also make the enlighten gem take its place in that regard? To me that just means more nerfing of the poor and possibly little change (or maybe even more buffs) for the rich.

So if I have a 6linked atziri axe with a lvl 4 enlighten and 5 aura gems in it and am wearing alphas and have the reduced reserve passives what will that allow me to run? (I should also say I do not have 6linked axe or lvl4 enlighten in even the standard version I was just wondering)

Right now with the passives, alphas and a lvl20 reduced mana it used to change 60 to 23, a 40 to 16, and a 25 to 10. Which allows me to run 3 60%s, 1 40% and 1 25%. I guess I will have to wait until it is pushed to live server to see what enlighten will do instead but don't say you are freeing up a gem slot or making up for it by lowering bases since anyone that used any amount of auras will need to change colors of the sockets and replace it with enlighten. As far as I am concerned all this will do is increase the price of the already expensive enlighten and make reduced mana near useless, at least for any of my current characters it will be not used at all.

The lowering of the base reserve amounts does not near make up for this change. Now the ones that used to reserve 60 now 50, those 40 now 35 and no change to 25. And there is no change (other than passive or gear) to these amounts until you get a leveled enlighten? I don't know what kind of difference enlighten will make since I have not found one in the beta yet, let alone leveled one or got a lvl4 one.

Some others have complained about introducing new tier 1 mods but I have no issue with this, it should be possible over time to find/make things which are more powerful to some degree, as long as it is done in a responsible manner and sparingly as to not completely destroy the value of everything currently in existence. I don't think the number 1 item in any category should be number 1 until the end of time, that is just pointless and I am sure those items now best in class will continue to hold decent value. Those who are super rich can buy/craft the new number 1 items and sell their old number 1 to someone who cant afford the price for those new mirrored items. I know I could make use of many of the current top items even if it becomes possible to get better.

In the beta I am currently in merciless act 3 and was also disappointed to see the changes to the library rewards instead of a choice of one of the better gems, it is now a useless piece of gear? I can only hope this reward has been moved to one of the later quests as I have been forever wanting to get a spell echo. I would like to see less gear rewards and more jewel rewards, with all the possible jewels, why so rare?
Last edited by IAmBurl on May 11, 2015, 5:28:01 PM
inb4 Cry when Damage taken OR Lightning Golem! :D
"
Virti wrote:
inb4 Cry when Damage taken OR Lightning Golem! :D

But I really want a lightning golem!! The elemental trinity is not yet complete!

Lightning Golem Buff: 5% Faster Attack, Cast, and Movement Speed?!
Bring back race seasons.
Can someone please explain me what the hell is that change on Reduced Mana? I''m not following the logic behind that, it's to get free slots but enlighten will do the work? Do they know how much a Enlighten costs? How much they drop? I'm not understanding the point of that change, it doesn't make any sense. Ok they droped the snapshot, that's fair, but what the heck? Reduced mana serves to what now? Please ""Enlight"" me (no joke)
good stuff :) excited for changes!
There will always be builds that rise above the trash. Such builds make balancing necessary and will always kill build diversity. So we get nerfs that don't just cut the throats of overpowered builds but also turn viable builds into utter trash.
Saved
"
alex178 wrote:
Can someone please explain me what the hell is that change on Reduced Mana? I''m not following the logic behind that, it's to get free slots but enlighten will do the work? Do they know how much a Enlighten costs? How much they drop? I'm not understanding the point of that change, it doesn't make any sense. Ok they droped the snapshot, that's fair, but what the heck? Reduced mana serves to what now? Please ""Enlight"" me (no joke)

They're making it so that reduced mana doesn't affect Auras, reducing the mana reserves of all auras, and making Enlighten reduce the amount of mana reserved(I also get the feeling Enlighten will see a DR boost and get listed as a quest reward).

Now Reduced Mana is only usable on skills, so if you have a low mana strength build it will still be useful; sometimes.
I really have no idea why people are complaining so much about Enlighten. I'm most definitely not a rich player, but I have something like 5 of them on standard now, I get 1-2 per temp league. You can use Haku's weapons in backup slots to level Enlighten/Enhance/Empower faster, in addition to tossing some GCPs at them.

I can also tell you that the reduced reservations were a HUGE boon to my mid-game witch in the Beta.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Any word on when the next character wipe will be?
concise and comprehensive .... nice work done..GGG have magicians

BUT

it is use less to make redundant things once you have the better copies of same things for example

EB

i mean i don't get it that first NRF EB . then make new things adjust more thing and balance out and balance in many things to compensate the NRF. in my point of view its a futile exercise. better is to keep such Passives unchanged.

new Contents/Skills

game is kept live and robust this way. but there are skills in this game which are long forgotten due to these major potentially build breaking and build enabling changes...elemental hit is such an example.
should emphases on adding new skills as well as keeping old skills alive people will have variety of skills to work with... this way they will invest more time in game.

Uniques

add new ones ....nice ... don't NRF old ones .. let them compete. let the player decide which one is better . will keep game economy live and booming. eventually there prices will fall down.

we love you GGG don't want your efforts to be wasted ..... JUST LISTEN TO NEWBIE USERS AS WELL NOT ONLY TO (BLOOD SUCKING / FUND COLLECTING / DONATION ASKIN) STREAMERS.....

i salute willywonka however .. man have the guts to speak.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info