Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Zhatan wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
PaperPlease wrote:

It is quite normal to protect your favorite game, but till the certain moment.
What you write This is a bit reminds fanaticism than just protection. This is not normal.

What you write is more like those who commented on the video violence and think that it's okay, but it's not and they are badly mistaken.
That is so dangerous fanaticism as religious as the gaming. Think it is too late.

Nowhere near smells like the balance game, but for you any attempt to prove otherwise useless and futile.
No offense but that's it. Only after 10 years may be able to look with fresh eyes and without fanaticism here to get it you were so wrong.

Why do you blame me for religion fanaticism? I am very far from that.

PoE COULD be the best game ever for me, but sadly, it isnt. Cause GGG vision for "best game ever" differs from mine.

i dont protect PoE. I protect changes, that would make game better, is that bad?

Usually, rare and hard-to-produce things are valuable. Good balance belongs to those, i believe.

ATM, Reduced Mana gem is absolutely mandatory to use for any reservation skill, and very close to useless for any other skill. As a result, quality on it is very close to useless too. Do you find this state of things good? I dont. I believe, players should have a choice - use extra slot and gain some extra mana pool, or use that gem slot for something else. ATM, "some extra mana pool" is actualy "HUGE mana pool" or "1+ extra reservation skill allowed", so there is a little choice. And less choices usually result to boring game.

And now enlighten will be in the exact same spot, so why is that a change for the better. You just now have to use a blue skill instead?

Yes, it will be a little bit more rare and need to be leveled but if you want to use any reservation build you will have to do that instead. Changes nothing.

The real kicker is you've just changed a 'mandatory' gem from something everyone can get (quest reqrds ftw) to something only the richest of the rich can afford. Lvl 4 Enlighten? Already selling for 30+ ex.

Yeah, that's your so-called Change for the better of the game. Shouldn't changes for the better of the game be for all involved, instead of just those sitting at the top?
This change is so retarded. Can't run hatred + grace w/o a blood magic. even with some reduced mana reserves not worth it unless i spend several passive points into mana to have a decent amount of mana unreserved. Really punishing solo players.
Already notice, what this game is not casual friendly and requires huge amount of time and dedication to achieve end game content.
After creating 3 failed chars (2 x 75 lvl, 1 x 40 lvl), finally found budget (~10 EX) version of witch build, which so far doing fine.
Far from being OP, but can handle 74-76 lvl maps (not all mods and bosses).
After this patch, my build with invested time and ing currency will become trash.
EB nerf - check;
AA nerf - check;
Clarity nerf - check;
RM nerf - check;
CoD will be useless - check;

I have wife and job, so 2-3 hours a day is best scenario I can afford.
Ingame wealth coming really slow and I am farming about 0.7 exalted per session, so all fancy gear out of my view range.

Game idea/design is great and I would like to continue play it (not for free), but so far read info all around web about patch and hands down...
Not sure, what audience GGG is targeting, but seems to be people like me not interest them at all.
I am really thinking to drop game now, because such drastic out of nothere nerfs are dissapointing a lot.

With actions like this GGG shooting at their own legs and will lose such type of players like me, who want enjoy game and have duties in real life.
I believe there are a lot of mid and low class players like me, who will share my opinion.
"
DirePenguin wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

And now enlighten will be in the exact same spot, so why is that a change for the better. You just now have to use a blue skill instead?

Yes, it will be a little bit more rare and need to be leveled but if you want to use any reservation build you will have to do that instead. Changes nothing.

The real kicker is you've just changed a 'mandatory' gem from something everyone can get (quest reqrds ftw) to something only the richest of the rich can afford. Lvl 4 Enlighten? Already selling for 30+ ex.

Yeah, that's your so-called Change for the better of the game. Shouldn't changes for the better of the game be for all involved, instead of just those sitting at the top?

If numbers will be OK (GGG stated, that Enlighten will provide much less bonus, then reduced mana did), then it wont be a mandatory gem. Just like Enhance and Empower are not mandatory for curses, Vaal skills, etc. Why? Because those +2-3 gem levels are barely worth slot for lots of skills (except spells), same for Enhance.

Most probably, GGG wont make numbers correctly, though, and Enlighten will be mandatory. But that doesnt mean idea was bad, just its implementation.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
DirePenguin wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

If numbers will be OK (GGG stated, that Enlighten will provide much less bonus, then reduced mana did), then it wont be a mandatory gem. Just like Enhance and Empower are not mandatory for curses, Vaal skills, etc. Why? Because those +2-3 gem levels are barely worth slot for lots of skills (except spells), same for Enhance.

Most probably, GGG wont make numbers correctly, though, and Enlighten will be mandatory. But that doesnt mean idea was bad, just its implementation.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
If numbers will be OK (GGG stated, that Enlighten will provide much less bonus, then reduced mana did), then it wont be a mandatory gem.

No actually they said it will provide the same the same amount as the current reduced mana gem, and even below that:

"
It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below

So they merely transferred the function of a cheap gem to an extremely expensive gem. Enlighten + auras will actually be better than the current Reduced Mana + auras since high Enlighten will have the Reduced Mana gem's reduced aura reservation and auras cost less. It will be the most sought after gem in the game. Whoever has level 4 Enlighten and hasn't corrupted their gear will have an enormous advantage.

I get that they want to make Enlighten more useful but having it replace Reduced Mana gem is not the way.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jun 27, 2015, 2:50:54 AM
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
If numbers will be OK (GGG stated, that Enlighten will provide much less bonus, then reduced mana did), then it wont be a mandatory gem.

No actually they said it will provide the same the same amount as the current reduced mana gem, and even below that:

"
It's worth noting that a very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs to the point of the old Reduced Mana support and below

So they merely transferred the function of a cheap gem to an extremely expensive gem. Enlighten + auras will actually be better than the current Reduced Mana + auras since high Enlighten will have the Reduced Mana gem's reduced aura reservation and auras cost less. It will be the most sought after gem in the game. Whoever has level 4 Enlighten and hasn't corrupted their gear will have an enormous advantage.

I get that they want to make Enlighten more useful but having it replace Reduced Mana gem is not the way.

Hold on, let us see those numbers, before discussing it. GGG said that Enlighten will give much smaller bonus, than Reduced Mana did (and all reservation skills will be scaled appropriately), but also GGG said that Enlighten of high enough level will match old Reduced Mana. "Smaller bonus" and "high enough level" are relative terms. Maybe, they meant Enlighten of 20-th level (which isnt realistic anyway), maybe - just 5-th level (which is accessible, though hardly). And you dont even know, how would scaling formula for Enlighten work.
Your assumptions may be true, of course, but they also may be false, so dont be so sure until you see it.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Does anyone know, or has an Idea, what happens with enlighten e.g. lv3 after patch ?
Will it be lvl 10 ? what happens to coruppted ones lvl 3? or even lvl 4 ?

Greets chris b
This still the only change that's going to make the game worts.

Useless RM and Overpriced and Over Hard to Get Enlighten in it's place. This is wrong in so many levels. Less auras, less damage, less clear speed, less thinking, less fun, less players. I'm mad. Good job.
"
UHF wrote:
There are enough changes coming that I don't honestly think it will be a problem. People are being so melodramatic. Let the new meta come and stop clinging to the old one!

its not that there being melodramatic everyone agrees with the initial change but they have then just replaced one problem with a bigger one

a lvl2+ enlighten is
a) a fortune
b) rare
c) take huge time investment to level up

meaning anyone that plays casually has another unobtainable thing to add to the list

and for the more experienced players
a) an artificial wall of time for players to engage there true end game builds
b) absolutely no overall change just a blue gem not a red one
c) less build innovation as extra reserve is now just a time commitment rather than a build commitment basically meaning that build wise the aura change will have little to no effect

over all yes reduce reserve and stop red mana from lowering it more that's fine

but don't mask a problem with another much worse problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info