Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Are there any planned mechanisms to ensure that a high-level corrupted Enlighten isn't a necessity for these builds?

It's quite the opposite. They made sure that a level 4 corrupted Enlighten is a necessity for almost all builds. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I'll play devil's advocate: how low should reservation reduction in Enlighten that makes it a choice rather a no brainer?

I like the idea of this change, but ONLY with good implementation.
Reservation cost reduction, granted by Enlighten, should be much, MUCH lower, than Reduced mana previously gave - so it wont be a no-brainer choice.
Also, i think it should stack additively with other reduction sources (like passives), so only dedicated aura builds would gain decent benefit out of it.
And when i say "lower", i mean it - around 2% reservation cost reduction per Enlighten level.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I dont understand whats the point of nerfing to the ground and "balancing" every aspect of a game that's 99.9% PvE oriented.
Game-breaking stuff HAVE TO exist in this kind of games, because when you reach a certain amount of gameplay hours you should feel free to have overpowered stuff after all that grind, its part of the fun.

Also, this doesnt seem like balance, its looks like you want to make the game "feel" more difficult by fixing something that wasnt broken at all.
If GGG wants to make this game more challenging there are a lot of ways to do it, and this is not the right one IMHO.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Are there any planned mechanisms to ensure that a high-level corrupted Enlighten isn't a necessity for these builds?

It's quite the opposite. They made sure that a level 4 corrupted Enlighten is a necessity for almost all builds. ^^

This x100. Enlighten lv4 or gtfo. Builds without it will be gimp compared to ones that have it.
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"

This x100. Enlighten lv4 or gtfo. Builds without it will be gimp compared to ones that have it.

And this is why this whole change is stupid in the first place -- swapping one "mandatory gem" for another just makes no sense.

Oh, and are they planning to reimburse everyone who has corrupted gear that will no longer help them after this monumentally fail change?

"
DirePenguin wrote:

And this is why this whole change is stupid in the first place -- swapping one "mandatory gem" for another just makes no sense.

Oh, and are they planning to reimburse everyone who has corrupted gear that will no longer help them after this monumentally fail change?

Lol hell no. You have to get yourself a level 4 enlighten and all new gear to chrome and corrupt.

How in the world do they think this is a good change?
"
algosito wrote:
I dont understand whats the point of nerfing to the ground and "balancing" every aspect of a game that's 99.9% PvE oriented.right one IMHO.

Because for most people, it's much more attractive and interesting to play a balanced game. If you belong to those few, who enjoy only imbalanced games, then there are TONS of such games, made by second-grade game studios. Because it's very easy to make an imbalanced game, but making a balanced one requires far more efforts and time.

And it does nothing with PvE, btw. Every game deserves to be better, not just PvP ones.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
algosito wrote:
I dont understand whats the point of nerfing to the ground and "balancing" every aspect of a game that's 99.9% PvE oriented.right one IMHO.

Because for most people, it's much more attractive and interesting to play a balanced game. If you belong to those few, who enjoy only imbalanced games, then there are TONS of such games, made by second-grade game studios. Because it's very easy to make an imbalanced game, but making a balanced one requires far more efforts and time.

And it does nothing with PvE, btw. Every game deserves to be better, not just PvP ones.

It is quite normal to protect your favorite game, but till the certain moment.
What you write This is a bit reminds fanaticism than just protection. This is not normal.

What you write is more like those who commented on the video violence and think that it's okay, but it's not and they are badly mistaken.
That is so dangerous fanaticism as religious as the gaming. Think it is too late.

Nowhere near smells like the balance game, but for you any attempt to prove otherwise useless and futile.
No offense but that's it. Only after 10 years may be able to look with fresh eyes and without fanaticism here to get it you were so wrong.
"
PaperPlease wrote:

What you write This is a bit reminds fanaticism than just protection. This is not normal.

What you write is more like those who commented on the video violence and think that it's okay, but it's not and they are badly mistaken.
That is so dangerous fanaticism as religious as the gaming. Think it is too late.

Nowhere near smells like the balance game, but for you any attempt to prove otherwise useless and futile.
No offense but that's it. Only after 10 years may be able to look with fresh eyes and without fanaticism here to get it you were so wrong.

Why do you blame me for religion fanaticism? I am very far from that.

PoE COULD be the best game ever for me, but sadly, it isnt. Cause GGG vision for "best game ever" differs from mine.

i dont protect PoE. I protect changes, that would make game better, is that bad?

Usually, rare and hard-to-produce things are valuable. Good balance belongs to those, i believe.

ATM, Reduced Mana gem is absolutely mandatory to use for any reservation skill, and very close to useless for any other skill. As a result, quality on it is very close to useless too. Do you find this state of things good? I dont. I believe, players should have a choice - use extra slot and gain some extra mana pool, or use that gem slot for something else. ATM, "some extra mana pool" is actualy "HUGE mana pool" or "1+ extra reservation skill allowed", so there is a little choice. And less choices usually result to boring game.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
PaperPlease wrote:

Why do you blame me for religion fanaticism? I am very far from that.

PoE COULD be the best game ever for me, but sadly, it isnt. Cause GGG vision for "best game ever" differs from mine.

i dont protect PoE. I protect changes, that would make game better, is that bad?

Usually, rare and hard-to-produce things are valuable. Good balance belongs to those, i believe.

ATM, Reduced Mana gem is absolutely mandatory to use for any reservation skill, and very close to useless for any other skill. As a result, quality on it is very close to useless too. Do you find this state of things good? I dont. I believe, players should have a choice - use extra slot and gain some extra mana pool, or use that gem slot for something else. ATM, "some extra mana pool" is actualy "HUGE mana pool" or "1+ extra reservation skill allowed", so there is a little choice. And less choices usually result to boring game.

And now enlighten will be in the exact same spot, so why is that a change for the better. You just now have to use a blue skill instead?

Yes, it will be a little bit more rare and need to be leveled but if you want to use any reservation build you will have to do that instead. Changes nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info