Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Zhatan wrote:
You will be able to run more auras with a lv4 enlighten then you ever did.

And without Enlighten, you'll be able to run far more auras, than you ever did without (old) Reduced Mana.
So, everyone will be able to run more auras, but players, who wanted to release some sockets for another gems, now got such a choice.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
^ Lol, you're wrong.

You cant even run 2 Heralds + Hatred (e.g), without screwing up your mana.
"
Xagulz wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

Thats why you will see enlighten lv4 on most of the top 100 players.

No... the reason you will see level 4 enlighten on the top 100 players is because they are the only ones that will be able to afford it, and it will be just as required as reduced mana is now which is what everyone is complaining about and you just tried tell everyone that its going to be better in some magical way. No it wont be better, it will be the same but less accessible.

Also what aura went from 60% to 35%? If it is a good one then you might be right, that would be very nice compensation.

Edit:
Nvm I found it, discipline. So that is nice for the majority of end game builds. It still doesn't help the blood magic marauders that have to reserve 25% of their life pool, or the life based casters that have no use for es.

There will be no bloodmagic marauders though, at least not in any serious builds.

I think you misstake my point though, I think this is a bad change. Everyone will need enlighten just as they needed reduced mana and now it will be harder to get. LL and CI builds will be a bit better off but overall the change doesnt really make a big diffrence, except that you now need a more expensive and harder to level gem.
Last edited by Zhatan on Jul 1, 2015, 3:21:57 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
And without Enlighten, you'll be able to run far more auras, than you ever did without (old) Reduced Mana.
So, everyone will be able to run more auras, but players, who wanted to release some sockets for another gems, now got such a choice.

But people running auras without reduced mana wasn't a problem since everyone had access to free reduced mana gems. Without reduced mana gems you were limited to maybe two auras and a herald if you took the reduced reservation nodes. Try running two 60% auras and a herald without reduced mana gems while keeping enough mana for skills and spells.

Saving sockets isn't the issue if you can't run the same number of auras as before. You'll save those sockets by having to eliminate some auras.

Everyone who ran multiple auras used reduced mana gems. They're not rare, they're not expensive, and there's literally an endless supply of them.

Come on, we all know this is a nerf to auras that they're trying to disguise as an improvement. A lot of us see right through it. I mean the whole argument in the OP about "characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana" is a crock. The only characters that don't have access to Reduced Mana are the first characters in a new league, but that's remedied in time because Reduced Mana is a quest reward and free to everyone.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jul 3, 2015, 3:35:58 AM
since everyone is speculating so hard, lets list the changes and the differences, shall we?

Reduced Mana (Old): Lvl 1: 90% Lvl 3: 88% Lvl 21: 70% Mana Multiplier
Enlighten (New): Lvl 3: 92% Lvl 4: 88% Lvl 5: 84% Mana Multiplier

Max Reduce i take an Old RM Lvl 21 and a New Enlighten Lvl 4:

Haste Old: 60% New: 50% Max Reduce Old/New: 42%/44%
Vitality Old: 40% New: 35% Max Reduce Old/New: 28%/31%
Discipline Old: 60% New: 35% Max Reduce Old/New: 42%/31%
Grace/Determination Old: 60% New: 50% Max Reduce Old/New: 42%/44%
Anger/Wrath/Hatred Old: 60% New: 50% Max Reduce Old/New: 42%/44%
Clarity Old 1/20: 64/520 New 1/20: 34/279 Max Reduce Old/New: 42%/44%
Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning/Elements Old: 40% New: 35% Max Reduce Old/New: 28%/31%
Heralds Old: 25% New: 25% Max Reduce Old/New: 18%/22%

What can we see here? Every aura was slightly nerfed if you try for max reservation reduce by all means possible besides Discipline, which got a HUGE buff (11% less reserved).

Heralds and Purities were nerfed slightly harder than the rest (when you want to max reduce reservation costs).

however without any reservation gems, with only reduced reservation from the tree, it is now more easily possible to run two "big" auras (old 60%/ new 50%).

EB enables you to run 2 heralds + 1 big aura without any reduction nodes taken.

to run e.g. wrath + 2 herald + purity of lightning (135% reserved) you NEED either an enlighten lvl 3 or an alphas.

summary: while it is super easy now to run 2 auras (even bigger ones) or heralds without any investment whatsoever (or just VERY slight investment aka jewel or one node) it is increasingly difficult to squeeze in more than 3 auras. you now have to plan more depending on the auras you want to take. Excessive Aura usage on one character will be more rare because super expensive.
with a little bit of investment, it is quite possible to run 3 big auras though + a clarity (srs -> haste, anger, hatred for example)

edit: try to play around with https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/# to see whats possible, there is a lot more to figure out tbh ;-)
Last edited by Skilez on Jul 3, 2015, 7:57:03 AM
I just want to use the exact same thing I've been using.

Wrath+purity of lightning+herald of thunder+defense skill

Now the only defense I can take is discipline. I'm forced to use the jewel, alphas, prism guardian, AND EB PLUS lvl 3 enlighten unless I want my health pool to be completely shot by prism. There is zero build diversity in this. I'll have to take all of those things every single time because there's no other way to do it.

I had to use some of those things before. But it was by choice. Now there is zero choice.

Also I guess goodbye ability to use empower on auras. So dumb.

Also there is zero way to compare lvl 21 reduced mana and level 4 enlighten. I could get 21 reduced mana. I will never in my life be able to afford lvl 4 enlighten because I have to much other stuff to do. The price will be sky high because the gem itself is too hard to find+level.
Last edited by Kingdestiny on Jul 5, 2015, 3:20:35 PM
This discussion got abit sidetrecked though.

The only way to play it from now on is with enlighten and thats what everyone will be getting, sooner or later. It will just be a money sink that everyone will have to try to get. The better players will get more of them and the trading tychooners will buy up and resell every enlighten that is put up for sale.
Last edited by Zhatan on Jul 5, 2015, 7:29:22 PM
I know it's a bit too late to say this, but removing reduced mana reserved from reduced mana support gem, you might as well remove this gem altogether. How many people are actually using the gem for reduce mana cost of active skills here?

Not sure if GGG will read this, but here is my suggestion:
Remove the reduce mana reserved from initial gem ability, but add 0.5% reduced mana reserved per 1% quality to that gem.
With this change, the capability of the gem will generally be nerfed to 1/3 of it's original (30% at level 21). Isn't this game is all about choices? With this nerf, it will still be an option for those that really needed it and is willing to sacrifice a slot and resources to get a 20% quality gem for that 10% reduced reservation, and at the same time, it is no longer a necessity for everyone in the game. Also, we will have the choice of choosing the "lesser reduction" from reduced mana gem, or be Enlighten with a larger reduction if and when we have it.
Last edited by Nephylim on Jul 5, 2015, 10:17:23 PM
"
Nephylim wrote:
I know it's a bit too late to say this, but removing reduced mana reserved from reduced mana support gem, you might as well remove this gem altogether. How many people are actually using the gem for reduce mana cost of active skills here?

Reduced mana cost from new Reduced Mana will be additive (at least, it looks like so), so if you stack "reduced mana cost" from certain items and/or nodes, then you will be able to use even extremely expensove skills (Dominating Blow, etc) for free (or almost for free). For some builds, sustaining your mana is quite a trouble, you know...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
For my marauder is dead, i use a marauder tank block spell block and run 3 auras, hatred,herald of ashe and tempest shield . to use nodes with mana reservation i need use blod magic nodes,but so i lose more life and mana for me is useless used only for auras DX.Anyone have a idea , i'm so sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info