All this commotion about the Mjölner

"
Rexire wrote:
What's the change on immortal call?

Immortal Call has its base time per Endurance Charge lowered, and the quality no longer gives increased time to that base like it does now. Instead, it gets cast speed for its quality, so it's been hit pretty hard, because now high level Enhance gems won't amplify its up time. Most Mjolner builds only run three ECs as it stands now, and ortiran's whole '15 second IC' thing is overblown. You CAN get such an IC time right now, but you're either going to have to get around 6 ECs, or you're going to have to waste points getting the increased buff duration nodes, all of which are valuable points that can best be spent elsewhere. A 7 second IC with just base 3 ECs is more than enough and easy to maintain, but now with the changes to IC in beta, that whole 'point' of his/her's is thrown out the window and no longer holds any weight.

The whole thing with the 100% elemental immunity thing is silly as well, as other LL, heavy aura builds can achieve the same thing. They not only can take advantage of IC if they so desire, but by doing so that means they run Saffell's Frame for the extra +4 (+5 if Legacy) max resists and already invest plenty into aura buffs so their triple Purities go high enough as it is. Combine that with the Witch flask buff nodes for +13 Max Resists - even better if the build is crit-based for Surgeon's - and voila...100% immunity without ever touching a Mjolner.
Last edited by Tanakeah on May 12, 2015, 12:39:29 AM
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Rexire wrote:
What's the change on immortal call?

Immortal Call has its base time per Endurance Charge lowered, and the quality no longer gives increased time to that base like it does now. Instead, it gets cast speed for its quality, so it's been hit pretty hard, because now high level Enhance gems won't amplify its up time. Most Mjolner builds only run three ECs as it stands now, and ortiran's whole '15 second IC' thing is overblown. You CAN get such an IC time right now, but you're either going to have to get around 6 ECs, or you're going to have to waste points getting the increased buff duration nodes, all of which are valuable points that can best be spent elsewhere. A 7 second IC with just base 3 ECs is more than enough and easy to maintain, but now with the changes to IC in beta, that whole 'point' of his/her's is thrown out the window and no longer holds any weight.

The whole thing with the 100% elemental immunity thing is silly as well, as other LL, heavy aura builds can achieve the same thing. They not only can take advantage of IC if they so desire, but by doing so that means they run Saffell's Frame for the extra +4 (+5 if Legacy) max resists and already invest plenty into aura buffs so their triple Purities go high enough as it is. Combine that with the Witch flask buff nodes for +13 Max Resists - even better if the build is crit-based for Surgeon's - and voila...100% immunity without ever touching a Mjolner.

Thanks for the info. Completely agree with your point.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
You cant do anymore inner-forces gone 99% is all you'll get.

And why is that silly? You know what kind of investment it take to make that possible?

Do you know you have to use a PoS shield with no offense or phys defenses capability?

Do you know that one way to end game?

Do you know if you kill it it's less diversity?

All "nerf that guy" ppl should quit or go play d3 before you ruin this game like D3 is ruined. A place where everyone looks the same at end game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 2:04:23 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
I found a Mjolner in beta.
My very cheap self-crafted CoC wand with KB destroyed anything the mjolner did and with more consistency. Then i found a GG CoC wand.
Sold mjolner for 4ex.

It's easier and far cheaper to spec into a similary/equally/potentially more powerful cast on crit build.

"
ortiran wrote:

Doesn't matter if you go Lowlife or life based. You can get 100% Ele immunity with flasks as well as 15 second Immortal Calls with Mjolner cuz of the simple fact that the damage is over the top without needing any damage items or any auras, which leaves room for a lot of defensive gear, auras, and passives as well.

The defensive options you listed do not require you to sacrifice offence, and can be done on any aura heavy crit build. This is the worst argument ever. You also cannot have that long of an immortal call on Beta, on any build.

mojo dps always did suck. any CoC does more (waynetrain/schuck/yolowhirl etc) it's power was in defenses and aoe in melee range.

More reason this nerf is retarded. It never was overly powerful offensively.

Not to mention the fact the build costs 300ex and should be powerful as hell.

This is seriously the worse item nerf I have been witness to. Maybe Kaoms heart was worse but before my time. But making T1, rare ass drops, avg gear sucks.

Today ppl rather wear a common 2c belly than Kaoms
Tomorrow ppl will want cheap vegans and rare daggers rather than Mojlner.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 1:55:56 PM
OTOH, if 4ex sticks (and wasn't just a "idgaf, it's beta" price) then I could finally dual wield them in a super sub-optimal build and not feel guilty about it :D
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Could be fun in maps but it end there.:)
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Do you know if you kill it it's less diversity?

All "nerf that guy" ppl should quit or go play d3 before you ruin this game like D3 is ruined. A place where everyone looks the same at end game.

I thought the problem with that game was the poor itemization where people went after the same items. Not the nerfs.

http://i.imgur.com/EHEKduL.jpg

(from my last walkthrough, I think it still applies)

It doesn't help that now people use Sets because of the stupid bonuses, although some people like FadeXF insist that you still have some slots free so there is diversity yet.

PS: Kaom's Heart is less used since that life adjustment to the passive tree, not since the nerf. Before, having flat life was more useful than now.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on May 12, 2015, 2:42:55 PM
Dont you think empowering purities, a +4-5 max resits shield etc to achive 100% resits is all part of itemization? I do. So is mojo you ppl want to nerf to normalcy. What happens then is if most everything is just ok there will always be a "killer spec" that pops up and everyone will flock to until its nerfed. This is what goes on in D3. As a wizard I can only speak to that class - It was archon at the start - then CM wizard - then dual flame hydras...not sure now I quit.

Point is as you wipe out great options (OP if you will) then it less diversity just the opposite of what you wish to achieve due to the fact something "OP" always pops up.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 2:58:28 PM
Choices that are too far from optimal are not choices many people would consider. If some of those "too powerful" choices exist, they can make the other ones obsolete, achieving less diversity in the long run.

About max resists and 100% resists, I think ScrotieMcB wrote about that (and a possible fix in one of his (her?) articles). To my understanding, inmunity, or near inmunity mechanics are problematic (in this fashion, a flask was removed, I think; also, the max resist node in the marauder tree was removed too, and recently there is the cwdt+ec+ic remotion). It makes so that the game is balanced around one shots because you can't make a dangerous game otherwise or something. It's a toxic mechanic. The same way that max block was (it's still possible to achieve, but it has a real cost now, it's less FOTM).

By removing those toxics mechanics, the most abusive builds are not that over the top, so build diversity becomes better (given that you don't gimp the rest of the people in the process, I guess).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on May 12, 2015, 3:26:40 PM
Have u even made it to end game? Trust me there is no such thing as immunity even with 100% resits or 75% block 75% spell block. If it was that easy everyone could do uber. Fact is monsters have penetration. Or you get wrecked the times you didnt block twice in a row.

On something like these you also sacrifice a shit load of offensive capability which means monster can attack you incurring more risk over time vs glass cannon.

It's a lot like a CI build - sure you can get 15,000 ES but can you get enough DPS to leach back full all damage taken. Usually no so ppl run 10K ES and more DPS to properly fuction as a sponge build.

I don't consider them abusive at all but a give and take and viable builds which ppl want to kill and kill diversity.

Back on subject at hand - Mojo build were just as balanced too. Decent DPS decent defeses for a very high operating cost ppl chased which is cool. At the end of the day everyone wants to feel nearly invulnerable and lay down mobs with ease. Mojo did that. No need for nerf.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 12, 2015, 3:57:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info