All this commotion about the Mjölner

Acro + max block was also a rather singular exploitative interaction.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Gaining power charges on non crit != chance to block.

As in not even different leagues, but altogether different sports.

What are we arguing about?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on May 9, 2015, 3:54:04 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Disabling power charge generation with RT does nothing expect push everyone to go the crit discharge route. Last time I checked, the crit dischargers are much better than RT dischargers.

Do you know what you're talking about?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on May 9, 2015, 5:52:02 AM
This sounds more like a post whining about the small chance that no legacies will be made. The reasons given were completely baseless. When Crown of Eyes was nerfed, it nerfed pretty much all the builds using it which included Lowlife Wanders as well as LL Dagger specs. Even a lot of CI users were going with CoE route and their builds got hit as well.

That affected a higher populace than Mjolner. The Crown of Eyes focused builds also invested higher into it than Mjolner users do (in term of passives, auras and gear), so the argument that only a small portion is affected is completely baseless. I, myself, was doing LL ST at that time and was affected by it but it was a nerf well deserved and it's the exact same case with Mjolner. I have come across Mjolner builds investing half of what my Lowlife or Glyph Mark specs invested and clearing just as fast while being safer since you stack Purities and block for free due to no actual need to pick up much from the passive tree or for offensive auras.

Whether they make legacies or not is GGG's choice int he end but Mjolner is finally getting a well deserved nerf and shouldn't IMHO even get legacies. Although given how Shavs nerfs and Windripper nerfs were also just number based and made legacies, there will most likely be legacy Mjolners unless they really want it fixed (which, again, would be well-deserved). And even if it doesn't make legacies, the chance to proc also relies on how fast you attack. The build will be viable still.

And also this argument about a 200EX build clearing as fast as Mjolner. You seem to ignore the fact that Mjolner is pretty much in its final stages with just a 200EX budget, whereas 200EX is nowhere near the mark you would spend going LL Dagger, Wander, or Bows if you do it for end game. Mjolner is one of the only builds that can function completely with just a 5 Link. The only costs are a 5L Shavs (40-45Ex), voll's devotion (25Ex), romira's banquet (1-2Ex) and ofcourse Mjolner (40-45Ex) which on usual standard prices is around 120Ex and this build will do ANY mod 78 and also be the safest Uber build. (Prices shot up recently for Mjolners but that doesn't matter in this discussion because they rose after the nerf announcement.)

Compare that to some other full end-game gear that you wouldn't have to change, Foe Bite is around 270Ex, Glyph Mark is 260Ex and Loath Bane is 190Ex. These are just 1 pieces, and you also need 6L Shavs or a 6L Evasion Chest/Belly of the Beast/Atziri's Splendour for them along with other stuff. If your only argument is that you invest a lot in your build then that argument fails when you put it against a build doubling your investment and clearing just as fast while being more vulnerable.

And also those taunts about people not affording Mjolner builds just show how childish you are. I personally have played builds where I invested AT LEAST twice what Mjolner users invest in and I've played with people who did both Crit with Acuities and non crit Mjolner builds and they clear just as fast and in most cases more safely as well with their 100% Ele immunity with flasks and 15-20 second Immortal Calls which is near impossible to achieve as Glyph Mark Tornado Shot and LL ST. (Haven't done LL Wander but I know it's not possible to do 100% Ele immunity or 15+ second IC on those specs either)

TL;DR: Completely well deserved nerf, whining and complaining doesn't change the fact that Mjolner is finally getting the nerf we all knew it deserved. Also the base attack speed buff makes the buff a lot less noticeable than it seems. And also this is coming from someone investing twice what LL Mjolner users invest into builds, so it's not about me saying it needs a nerf because I can't afford to do that build.
IGN: Ortiran

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/676815
Last edited by ortiran on May 9, 2015, 8:18:27 PM
You listed one freaking good build. Which is *exactly* my point.

If only build is troublsome, why berg the whole item?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

It's not 1 build. It's every build where Mjolner was thrown in. Mjolner along makes the build easy, comparatively cheap, and ridiculously overpowered. It was an item that needed a nerf and it will get that very well deserved nerf.

Doesn't matter if you go Lowlife or life based. You can get 100% Ele immunity with flasks as well as 15 second Immortal Calls with Mjolner cuz of the simple fact that the damage is over the top without needing any damage items or any auras, which leaves room for a lot of defensive gear, auras, and passives as well.

It needed that nerf and will get it. I know a lot of people used Mjolner but I feel the only ones complaining are the middle of the pack ones, who were getting away with a ridiculously overpowered build for comparatively cheap.

Also they buffed the base attack speed which will make the final APS of your much higher, which means your procs per minute will be nerfed less than the current nerfs show.
IGN: Ortiran

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/676815
Last edited by ortiran on May 9, 2015, 11:50:03 PM
So you're saying it's overpowered because it is almost as effective as a build costing 500ex? Mate, don't kill me. That is halairious. Thats because there is only so much a build can do and a full powered Mjolner build is still really expensive. Even less of the populous has enough for 500ex builds. Thanks for the laugh though.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
"
ortiran wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

It's not 1 build. It's every build where Mjolner was thrown in. Mjolner along makes the build easy, comparatively cheap, and ridiculously overpowered. It was an item that needed a nerf and it will get that very well deserved nerf.

Doesn't matter if you go Lowlife or life based. You can get 100% Ele immunity with flasks as well as 15 second Immortal Calls with Mjolner cuz of the simple fact that the damage is over the top without needing any damage items or any auras, which leaves room for a lot of defensive gear, auras, and passives as well.

It needed that nerf and will get it. I know a lot of people used Mjolner but I feel the only ones complaining are the middle of the pack ones, who were getting away with a ridiculously overpowered build for comparatively cheap.

Also they buffed the base attack speed which will make the final APS of your much higher, which means your procs per minute will be nerfed less than the current nerfs show.

It is one build. Every other build besides discharge cannot kill single targets for squat. Those are balanced. You clear trash fast,but bosses stop you in your tracks.

I found a Mjolner in beta.
My very cheap self-crafted CoC wand with KB destroyed anything the mjolner did and with more consistency. Then i found a GG CoC wand.
Sold mjolner for 4ex.

It's easier and far cheaper to spec into a similary/equally/potentially more powerful cast on crit build.

"
ortiran wrote:

The defensive options you listed do not require you to sacrifice offence, and can be done on any aura heavy crit build. This is the worst argument ever. You also cannot have that long of an immortal call on Beta, on any build.

Last edited by Xendran on May 11, 2015, 3:54:10 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
I found a Mjolner in beta.
My very cheap self-crafted CoC wand with KB destroyed anything the mjolner did and with more consistency. Then i found a GG CoC wand.
Sold mjolner for 4ex.

It's easier and far cheaper to spec into a similary/equally/potentially more powerful cast on crit build.

"
ortiran wrote:

The defensive options you listed do not require you to sacrifice offence, and can be done on any aura heavy crit build. This is the worst argument ever. You also cannot have that long of an immortal call on Beta, on any build.

What's the change on immortal call?
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info