One Month Flashback Leagues

Reward should be given out on a per class basis.

WANT YET ANOTHER PANTLESS LEAGUE?

Edit: I'd also buy mechanics like all players>level X or players with Y challenges completed
Last edited by grrrgrrr on May 6, 2015, 2:02:36 AM
"
grrrgrrr wrote:

Now, THIS^^^ I agree with.
"
I remember the days of buying a game and playing it for the enjoyment of the game itself. Those were damned good times. This one is free and people STILL want more free over and above the free enjoyment they get? So bizarre.

Humans are weird like that, yeah. First fifty characters you make could be fun by themselves, just playing, discovering new monsters, skills, making new builds, finding new loot. Damned good times were had by everyone in the three years we've been playing. Intrinsic rewards tend to have an inspiration date on them, though - a few thousand hours, and they do get a bit stale. I don't even have a new build in mind to try...

Freshness could be revitalized by new content, new rules, new challenges, new goals, new rewards... A lot of things, none of which are there at the moment: we get to play the same areas, the same game mods (admittedly, used together, and that's good - just not quite enough for a full-scale "damn good times" for a month, maybe "ok times" for a bit), with no new challenges and no new rewards (and the only kind of reward there is is not quite attractive per se).

People seem VERY understanding about the beta, willing to wait for the release, but asking them to provide their own motivation to keep playing the game seems to be a bit too much. Extrinsic rewards do work splendidly - everyone was very happy spending that month acquiring two sets of the same recolored armour. Why not use something like that right now? Some set of challenges, some MTXs or uniques - and everything would be fine in the world.

The situation is very similar to what happened with self-found league, and that feels strange to me: repeating the same weird decision two times in a row (especially after trying to correct it once) is not typical for GGG. They tend to learn pretty fast - just not in this case.

Playing games like this is, almost certainly, a habit - like smoking, drinking, watching TV, etc. Better kind of habit, I hope - entertaining, social, reflex- and attention-training habit, but still something that could be broken and replaced by something else if there is a long enough pause. I'd like to keep my PoE habit with me for a bit longer, if you please, so I do want to have some extra motivation right now, to keep me going until release :-)
glll
Last edited by escuteiro on May 5, 2015, 7:40:12 PM
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
What you said (well written post) :)

Fair enough, sir. If you finish in the top 100 HC, you get

Will that get you in?
was excited when i read the post, thought id finally get a headhunter, then i read the comments and all of my hype disappeared as quickly as it came.
GOGOGOGOGO!!!!
Yes same feeling here:
Another "useless" 1 month league race with drop restrictions. .

Would that be a new league 3 month with challenge...

Im am a bit salty tough I have access to the beta, but the previous respect was like 6 month ago and the previous league was the same...

And don't get me wrong I cheer triple G but erriously I really doubt act 4 will be released before july or August (thinking more about September)

So that's gonna be a veryyyyyong time.
The after math, is on my friends lists (remember 4 accounts) I only see very few of thek connected, mostly those trying to get access to the beta or those already in.

On the Gianto ts server (more than 500 slots) you can see 5he path of exile sub with only 2 subcat...and empty.

Slndont get me wrong I am not rantings but most of remainging player I encountered are jjst trying to get another Voll devotion before act 4 is released
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WikarinaTana on May 5, 2015, 10:29:02 PM
"
grrrgrrr wrote:

900 of the top 1000 to get beta? At first I was excited. I can do that, I thought. Then I read more closely. If I'm reading this correctly, no matter how highly I position myself in the top 1000, my daily chance to win a beta key will still only be 1.5%. Even if I'm the only player in the top 1000 without beta, I'll still be thrown into a pool with 999 other players without beta for the random draw each day. I'll still play, but I know when the league ends I'll still be on the outside looking in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info