One Month Flashback Leagues

Chris you gave them Blue and Red Armors now they will start to beg for more and better , dont feed them please.

P.S. add some unique arts items from old races to rewards ,maybe ?:D
"

I 100% guarantee you that the hardest of the hardcore competitors will be playing.

I remember the days of buying a game and playing it for the enjoyment of the game itself. Those were damned good times. This one is free and people STILL want more free over and above the free enjoyment they get? So bizarre.

yes i know. But that was not really my point. My point was just that people that are enjoying to compete "like myself" will find it less attractive when there is nothing to compete for.
Awesome idea for a challenge league! I just wish there was actually some reason for me to play it. I have no delusions about being top 20 and getting a demigod eye, and I am not interested in playing the beta until progress I make there is actually going to benefit me in some way. No league specific uniques will be dropped in this event either, so basically the only hope of actually gaining something from this event is by placing top 20? ;(
"
Ojntoast wrote:

So let's see, in a competitive race you think there should be more rewards to drive participation. But why? If the competition isn't enough reason, people should continue playing their Standard & Hardcore characters. You somehow think that it is GGG's intent to get you away from playing Standard & HC perma-league characters. If that is truly what they wanted they could just as easily remove those iterations of the game.

It's a race. If you don't want to be competitive in a race. Don't join the race. If you enjoy the race, or the fresh economy, or just something with a different twist, this league rewards ALL of that. If you are looking for MTX's, stop waiting for GGG to hand them to you, and support the company by purchasing some.

From a business perspective, it makes no sense to spend a ton developing art/assets for free MTX's to "Incentivize" players to play in a league that also costs resources. The race is great from a retention standpoint. Chris has stated in the past that player numbers fluctuate based on events, and when league start/stop. Players who consistenly focus on Standard/Hardcore don't suffer the same peaks and valleys in playtime as they always have their ideal game set up in the perma leagues. This race serves the purpose the company needs, it gives the population something new and interesting to do with a competitive aspect while they continue working on "the awakening".

I do support the game, it just gives the casual players something to strive achieve within that month not just the top 20 racers! Not all of us are able to dedicate an absurd amount of time for a reward, this is giving us something reasonable to achieve within that time frame.

And I never have raced before, I've only done the one month league that awarded the Blue/Red Seraph set and I am a relatively new player that has been playing for about 4.5 months ish but the rewards got me to try something new and after that made me try hardcore as well!

And I have purchased many MTX and I'm up to 22 Stash Tabs I've paid for.. So I have spent money, this is merely a suggestion to get people to try new things and give casual players even a little incentive to play the new league.

Anyways I have expressed my opinion, I just wanted to clarify us casual players want something to strive for because we have no chance making top 20, and it even adds an extra bonus for the top 20 so win/win I think!

Edit: How much busier were the 1 month leagues when there was the Blue/Red Seraph armor? I am going to assume that the numbers were way higher then usual!
Last edited by LoRider149 on May 6, 2015, 11:08:18 AM
I estimated how many chances there are to get a key if it is ranked 1000th least every day:
Let p be a probability of the universe as:
1.5% Minimum win one key per day over 30 days.

Or the following events:

A: I win a key
Bi: I do not win the key th day (Bib its opposite)

(U = union, n = intersection)

p (A) = p ((B1bnB2nB3n ... NB30) u (B1nB2bnB3n ... NB30) u ... u (B1nB2n...nB30b))
= P (B1bnB2nB3n ... NB30) + p (B1nB2bnB3n ... NB30) + ... + p (B1nB2n...nB30b)
(Note: events incompatible meeting their equals their sums)
* P = 30 (B1bnB2n...NB30)
(Note: the events are independent their intersections is equal to their products
Note 2: the same probability events so * 30 (each scenario is equally likely to happen))
= 30 * 1.5 / 100 * (98.5 / 100) ^ 29
= 29%

Result: If you rank 1000th every day of the league, you have at least 29% chance to obtain a beta key.

Note: I have not taken into account, there might be already people among the 1,000 people who already have a beta key, if you want to get a more accurate probability multiply the probability 1.5 / 100 by the ratio 1000 / (number of people who already have the key), remake the calculation and you will have something more realistic and more high (that is also why I say minimum).

It's google traduction, Ignore language mistakes please. (Not on that mathematical terms is the same between French / English)
Last edited by cherryfire89 on May 6, 2015, 3:37:29 PM
Oups double post
Last edited by cherryfire89 on May 6, 2015, 3:37:10 PM
Cool concept of changing league modifiers!

Why have all modifiers only in weekends though and on every weekend?
Some people will only be able to play in the weekend and might not like having every mod.
I think it would have been better if it was more spread around. Give everyone an equal chance of enjoying the league and it's dynamic modifiers.

I'll definitely try it out!!
Doubt I'll get a beta key but the league looks too interesting to miss!
Nice! The last time you guys did a similar event it was a lot of fun.
"
cherryfire89 wrote:
I estimated how many chances there are to get a key if it is ranked 1000th least every day:
Let p be a probability of the universe as:
1.5% Minimum win one key per day over 30 days.

Or the following events:

A: I win a key
Bi: I do not win the key th day (Bib its opposite)

(U = union, n = intersection)

p (A) = p ((B1bnB2nB3n ... NB30) u (B1nB2bnB3n ... NB30) u ... u (B1nB2n...nB30b))
= P (B1bnB2nB3n ... NB30) + p (B1nB2bnB3n ... NB30) + ... + p (B1nB2n...nB30b)
(Note: events incompatible meeting their equals their sums)
* P = 30 (B1bnB2n...NB30)
(Note: the events are independent their intersections is equal to their products
Note 2: the same probability events so * 30 (each scenario is equally likely to happen))
= 30 * 1.5 / 100 * (98.5 / 100) ^ 29
= 29%

Result: If you rank 1000th every day of the league, you have at least 29% chance to obtain a beta key.

Isn't it more simple: chance to NOT get a key in any of 30 days is 0.985^30=0.635, therefore chance to get a key is 1-0.635 = 36.5% ?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
fun fun. need to find a way to get off work early friday!
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info