One Month Flashback Leagues

Awesome. Thanks for the league GGG.
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
"
Woodcutta wrote:
GGG please give out more than just beta keys as rewards (top 20 not possible for vast majority of player base) in future events before Awakening drops. I would like to play this league but there really is no point if I have no chance at top 20 and I'm already in beta.

What's wrong with playing for fun? Think up a crazy idea and see how well you can do with it :)

The hole idea of POE is that it is meant to be a game for Hardcore competitors, if there is nothing to compete for you lose the majority of the players. Since that is what attracted them in the first place.

I 100% guarantee you that the hardest of the hardcore competitors will be playing.

I remember the days of buying a game and playing it for the enjoyment of the game itself. Those were damned good times. This one is free and people STILL want more free over and above the free enjoyment they get? So bizarre.
Great idea for a new one month league.. Here it comes.. BUT..

Would be nice to have some different rewards, not everyone is going to attempt top 20 for the Alt-art Demigods and not everyone is interested in beta keys if they already received one, paid for one, or are not interested in Closed Beta..

So, maybe next one month league you could atleast make it like the previous 1 Month leagues and award some kind of MTX, Weapon Effect that will bring a lot of people back into playing a new league or attempting Hardcore for the first time etc..

I know with these rewards currently I have no reason to even attempt this "Ruckus" league, even though it sounds like fun I will have zero motivation to play/grind towards something I do not care to achieve and will have no hope in hell of making top 20 vs the "no lifers" that are able to achieve lvl 100 in 3 weeks.

So, maybe for next time set up another MTX or reward that EVERYONE can obtain with a little bit of effort!

PS .. A Black Seraph Suit I would literally kill for.. And at the worst pay RL money for :p

Good luck to everyone playing the new league even if it is just for fun/a change of pace!
is it the top 1000 from both leagues combined or is it 1000 platers from each?
"
dalien wrote:
is it the top 1000 from both leagues combined or is it 1000 platers from each?

"At a random time each day, the top 1000 living players in the event (by experience) who do not already have Closed Beta Access will go into a pool. 15 accounts from this pool will receive Closed Beta Access at random. Across the thirty days and two events, we will award Beta access to 900 accounts."
I tried to quote someone but it was buried into too many quotes and wouldn't let me post, so this is directed towards whomever said people play just to be competitive and also towards the person who said we are asking for more free items in a free game..

Well, I see your point but let's take a different perspective.

Not everyone can make it into top 20 so why not just continue playing their regular Standard or Hardcore?

Having a reward gives extra incentive for people to play these leagues and compete!

And as a last example even though I got a shiny red suit, I also bought tentacle wings and a weapon effect and a skin transfer to make it look even cooler :D

So even though its "free" they still make money or atleast they do from me!

"
I remember the days of buying a game and playing it for the enjoyment of the game itself. Those were damned good times. This one is free and people STILL want more free over and above the free enjoyment they get? So bizarre.

Whaaaaaaaat??
You mean people used to play games for enjoyment? Not only for rewards / platinum trophies??
"
LoRider149 wrote:
I tried to quote someone but it was buried into too many quotes and wouldn't let me post, so this is directed towards whomever said people play just to be competitive and also towards the person who said we are asking for more free items in a free game..

Well, I see your point but let's take a different perspective.

Not everyone can make it into top 20 so why not just continue playing their regular Standard or Hardcore?

Having a reward gives extra incentive for people to play these leagues and compete!

And as a last example even though I got a shiny red suit, I also bought tentacle wings and a weapon effect and a skin transfer to make it look even cooler :D

So even though its "free" they still make money or atleast they do from me!

So let's see, in a competitive race you think there should be more rewards to drive participation. But why? If the competition isn't enough reason, people should continue playing their Standard & Hardcore characters. You somehow think that it is GGG's intent to get you away from playing Standard & HC perma-league characters. If that is truly what they wanted they could just as easily remove those iterations of the game.

It's a race. If you don't want to be competitive in a race. Don't join the race. If you enjoy the race, or the fresh economy, or just something with a different twist, this league rewards ALL of that. If you are looking for MTX's, stop waiting for GGG to hand them to you, and support the company by purchasing some.

From a business perspective, it makes no sense to spend a ton developing art/assets for free MTX's to "Incentivize" players to play in a league that also costs resources. The race is great from a retention standpoint. Chris has stated in the past that player numbers fluctuate based on events, and when league start/stop. Players who consistenly focus on Standard/Hardcore don't suffer the same peaks and valleys in playtime as they always have their ideal game set up in the perma leagues. This race serves the purpose the company needs, it gives the population something new and interesting to do with a competitive aspect while they continue working on "the awakening".
Fuck yeah! And fuck beta, this will be glorious!
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
wow... now this was just rude, ggg!
I just checked my e-mails cause that's what you do when you hope for a beta key, you open it and see a message from poe...
that moment of pure hype being crushed instantly by an advertisement, "come on and buy yourself a key, because why not, you're not winning anything!"
thanks a lot, but I can't afford that right now and since you never really advertised this way (or maybe I just don't remember) it just felt awful.
good night.
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info