Thanks to the graphical update in Act 4, my Diablo 3 friends are switching over to POE

"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
faceroll? really? Care to link your b.net profile so we can see your awesome builds?

It does seem to be a common complaint I've read. I'm not sure poking individual claims for an single experience is important. Addressing why so many people have brought it up is probably more beneficial. I actually didn't notice it as being offensively easy, but then again I didn't invest thousands of hours into it, as some have.

It seems to be a common complaint with people who haven't finished normal or even started climbing paragon levels yet..
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
One could argue that the normal difficulty in PoE is lacking in some difficulty as well.

Some people see finishing an Arpg on normal as 'finishing the game'. I don't.However, is their opinion invalid?

I did find the early stages of D3 lacking a bit in difficulty, but I wouldn't call it worlds apart from PoE.

Getting a bit away from the topic though...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on May 12, 2015, 8:32:37 PM
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
One could argue that the normal difficulty in PoE is lacking in some difficulty as well.

Some people see finishing an Arpg on normal as 'finishing the game'. I don't.However, is their opinion invalid?

I did find the early stages of D3 lacking a bit in difficulty, but I wouldn't call it worlds apart from PoE.

Getting a bit away from the topic though...

To each their own. I'm of the opinion that calling anything "too easy" when you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of its depth to be a pretty unfounded statement.
Last edited by TheWretch on May 12, 2015, 8:39:55 PM
Well, you can adjust the difficulty in D3. While this might be seen as a good thing, it will lead to people taking rather easy difficulties because when you don't have the equipment fit for higher difficulties, the game's just very, very boring. One might see a challenge in running around enemies for minutes in order to kill them, but most will feel it's rather dull. That quickly leads to the impression that you "faceroll" content, which is kinda true out of Greater Rifts appropriate for your gear.

My personal problem with D3 is that everything kinda feels the same. Play one character, you've played them all - each one has some kind of "Near Death Experience", something enhancing their spirit generators. The skills itself have runes that modify them in a very similiar fashion, i feel, everything scales off weapon damage what makes weapons and certain gems equally powerful for everyone, everyone needs crit because you can't really scale anything else decently on higher difficulties, every enemy is fought the same way with the only variation being certain rare mods like Arcane Enchant or Molten, and even then they're not even remotely close to the diversity of strategies you have to be aware of in the latest build of PoE (shrines, ghosts, nemesis mods, rare mods, bloodlines, base monster).

And you reach that "whatever" state pretty quick in D3. Paragon levels don't help with that, either. When you watch high level players do Greater Rifts on Twitch, it's pretty much this aswell, while high level PoE players even with great gear do have to mind the setup in which they're playing in and can't just jump into everything that is being thrown at them. Not to mention the time they had to invest in order to even get to a point where most content can be cleared rather quickly.

If you enjoy D3 - good for you. Personally i've put a LOT of time into it, killed Diablo on Inferno back in the days before he got his balls cut off by the devs (not on HC, still was a challenge) and more recently tried RoS as i got it gifted from a friend who didn't like it anymore, and while i had some fun with it undoubtedly, that didn't last long. Played only solo, have 3 lvl70 season characters, Paragon 150 something and don't feel like there's much for me to know and learn about the game. That should be maybe 50 hours gametime for these season characters. Now given i've put something around 400 or so hours into the game some years ago, but that wasn't because the game was deep, but because it was a 300% mindless grindfest (and i wanted to beat it). Yet, these hours naturally lead to me being bored of the new content quicker, that's only natural, but i still have problems seeing someone to take more than maybe 150 hours at best before you've basically seen everything there is to see in D3 and after which point it's only a grind for 1% better gear of the same insane "...for 5000% weapon damage!" stuff you already have and that makes 99,99% of the game laughable easy.

D3 isn't that easy, but very, very shallow.
 Comparing D3 and PoE is the proverbial apples and oranges comparison. Each appeals to a different arpg crowd. With the D3 difficulty slider it definitely appeals to more casual players than PoE but max difficulty is there for the hardcore crowd too. To all who have tried PoE and quit over the difficulty (or most because of too much desync) I've always said that GGG needs to add a difficulty option setting in PoE and tie it to the amount of xp gained for each kill, easy = less xp, max hard = more xp. For races GGG would lock the difficulty and state in the race notes the degree of difficulty that the race is set to so they could offer slightly easier or harder races to appeal to a wider range of players. Unfortunately I seriously doubt that a user settable difficulty factor would ever be added to PoE. GGG has their desired goals for PoE and right now making PoE appealing to more casuals is not in their interests (that's why no Self-Found league). Maybe in a few more years as we all get burned out on endgame maps and too much RNG instead of a real crafting game mechanics and no easy way to trade that GGG might add a difficulty factor if their mtx revenue stream drops off but if it stays strong then that will never happen.

Anyway, right now if GGG can get Deterministic Lockstep to work, and as my Scion is fond of saying "go to bed little nightmare", we can put this PoE big nightmare to bed once and for all then PoE 2.0 should be in a very good position in the arpg game market. I sure hope GGG can code their way out of this desync mess. Graphically I have very little to complain about other than fps slowdowns due to too many particle effects at times with my rig but overall PoE graphically plays well for me at an acceptable frame rate.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 13, 2015, 9:02:56 AM
My cat can faceroll D3 on normal. Not that hard when it's literally impossible to die lel.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Thank you for your meaningful and deep contribution xavderion. You truely are a shining light to us all.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
So much bullshit here. So many narrow minded people. It's not even funny anymore.

Or wait: yes it is.

Have a good time everyone.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Xavderion wrote:
My cat can faceroll D3 on normal. Not that hard when it's literally impossible to die lel.

Kinda like how I can get thru PoE on normal by holding down left click the entire time and just beating bosses by attrition? Huh.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Kinda like how I can get thru PoE on normal by holding down left click the entire time and just beating bosses by attrition? Huh.

Nope. PoE on Normal is ~ D3 on Expert, maybe Master. Unfortunately it's hard to compare as in D3 a huge part of the challenge is the scaling of monster HP, but you have to go literally AFK in D3 in order to die on Normal or Hard, so ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info