SFL league poll

"
Arrowneous wrote:

If that's true then that is seriously depressing.

When I went to go look up the Chris Wilson quotes with the magical google...half of the time it was you who posted them.

Here is one:

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it's important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
I am always hoping for some sort of sfl support. Unfortunately, the players cannot agree on what it means which is also why it will never happen. Changing the games drop-rates for sfl would go against the whole principle of do-it-yourself.

SFL is about self-found playing. Playing self-found in current leagues amounts to needing to play 1000s of hours and maybe getting a few good items but with current high RNG just as easily not getting anything. Doing it myself means self-crafting when there are no good drops (always). So, for example, to self-craft 6L gear I need at least 1500 fusings. Fusing drop rates would need to increase to alch drop rates or better to amass 1500 fusings in less than 1000s of hours of physical grind time.

Again, I will repeat myself in that SFL would be 2 additional new leagues and no current leagues would change. New leagues can be spun toward any particular segment of the PoE players. Thus SFL leagues would be coded for self-found with higher orb drop rates, more drops of high end gear in high level builds (68+), and all for the purpose of enjoying all the goodness of PoE in less than years per build. That is not bad, it actually means I could get multiple builds to high end game levels in a couple of years. With so many build possibilities I would not quit playing just because I could get a build to level 100. It would actually empower me to play another class to level 100, and then another class, and so forth. With 7 classes and if I could get to level 100 in a year that is still 7 years of playing PoE. That is a hell of a lot of time to devote to 1 single game. That is the essence of SFL and why we should have it. Grinders can stay in other leagues and grind and trade to their hearts content.

If you are a player on the ladder(s) then you would not want and should not ever play SFL. But just because you are very good in current leagues is not a valid reason to take away maximum enjoyment of PoE from all the lesser proficient and all time limited players.

It took me about two months to manually save 1500 fusing. I farmed frequently and bought the daily Vorici stack of 20 every day was my quota. Two months for a 6 link isn't bad when you do it as casually as I did. It does not take very long with the 6 socket drops=7 jeweler deal along with the random fusing that rain down occasionally + Arcanist chests. If I no-life I could probably save up for a 6 link in under 5 weeks(at least once Vorici startes offering the daily stack).

As far as non orb related drops go, You and I disagree. I want the SF-ladder to be a mirror of hc without the item-dump from races and leagues. I also want people to build around what they find rather than decide on a build and have to farm the gear. It make people have to actually think and be creative with what rng gives them.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

If that's true then that is seriously depressing.

When I went to go look up the Chris Wilson quotes with the magical google...half of the time it was you who posted them.

Here is one:

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it's important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

Which sounds perfectly sensible until you remember how bare-bones and horrible the whole trading system is designed and implemented. It makes no sense to me.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
Col_Jessep wrote:

Which sounds perfectly sensible until you remember how bare-bones and horrible the whole trading system is designed and implemented. It makes no sense to me.[/quote]

Which ARPG's trading system do you like better?
"
Barivius wrote:

Which ARPG's trading system do you like better?

I don't think ARPG should revolve around any trading system. ARPG is initially designed as a single player game with multiplayer support, it is balanced around individual gameplay. The result of a persistent online environment and requirement for a longer shelf life change this focus.
Last edited by deathflower on Sep 29, 2015, 6:15:57 AM
Yes, would love to have self found league as option.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Where am I going with this? Do I want a SFL? No. I simply want the POSSIBILITY of a very good rare drop - and a flag option on character creation, flagging your character as SF, disabling all trade/allocation etc, enabling the ability to compare yourself with others like minded people.

Thanks.

+1

I would love a system like this. Make it an option and visible for others to see.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
Why would the devs even bother putting all the time and effort into a game mode that already exists. Just don't trade, there's your SFL. Many self-found players are enjoying the game this way already.
Last edited by Invisible_Frog on Sep 29, 2015, 1:02:08 PM
"
Why would the devs even bother putting all the time and effort into a game mode that already exists. Just don't trade, there's your SFL. Many self-found players are enjoying the game this way already.

This statement is contradictory though. If that is the case, hardcore league shouldn't exist either.
"
deathflower wrote:

This statement is contradictory though. If that is the case, hardcore league shouldn't exist either.

I don't care if hardcore exists or not. But I'm against wasting precious resources on redundant things like SFL, when all you literally gotta do is abstain from trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info