Mjolner rip o.o nerf confirmed?

also Shavronne's Revelation, BOR, wings of entropy not sure but like over half the legacy uniques where changed in the same way Mjolner is being changed? a static value going up or down. COE makes sense to me with how they changed how it interacts with the more modifier. the accuity change was a bit harder to get my head around. it was just instant crit then they added a reduced effectiveness also kind of a new modifier. and in regards to the attack speed changing if that is there "reasoning" behind not having a leggacy they have effectivly set precedent that alows them to change the armor es or evasion on any item by one and justify not having a legacy.
Last edited by Darrylrfd on May 1, 2015, 11:42:03 AM
It's really just a waiting game now. I've never seen an item go legacy and get a buff in the same patch. Maybe it'll be a first.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
wtf i selled my mj last week for 35ex after hours of spam .. today i logg and people wtb mj 42\45 ex and see people wts mj 50 ex ... now i see here will be legacy and sell for 100\200ex .....
why i wasted my time on trade chat for 35ex and now all want to buy one for 45ex and when act4 start in standar will be for 100ex ????

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Gary_GGG on May 1, 2015, 1:13:57 PM
"
RedStark wrote:
wtf i selled my mj last week for 35ex after hours of spam .. today i logg and people wtb mj 42\45 ex and see people wts mj 50 ex ... now i see here will be legacy and sell for 100\200ex .....
why i wasted my time on trade chat for 35ex and now all want to buy one for 45ex and when act4 start in standar will be for 100ex ????

Don't feel too bad. There's a chance it'll be worth 20ex or so when the nerf version goes live. People are speculating. You got your exalts. Others may get burned.
Last edited by b15h09 on May 1, 2015, 1:15:02 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
As a Mjolner user retroactive is fine with me so that Standard's high budget builds and economy maintain some form of sanity. However if not retroactive:

Too bad weapon range is a useless corrupt on Mjolner :\

I would love to finally be the owner of a legacy item personally, but expect my build would be OK even if the nerf is retroactive.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
If you all have done some digging you would realize the update to base aps is separate from the reduced percentage of casting socketed lightning spells on hit. For the former they just update a value in a table and it applies to all gavels, whereas the latter would require them updating the value on each mjolner individually.
"
mulearino wrote:
If you all have done some digging you would realize the update to base aps is separate from the reduced percentage of casting socketed lightning spells on hit. For the former they just update a value in a table and it applies to all gavels, whereas the latter would require them updating the value on each mjolner individually.

It depends on how they store the value for the percentage. If it's just part of the mod in the table, it can be adjusted universally. If it's stored with the individual item, then it would require an individual update. I'm not sure we know whether they treat the mod similar to Acuity's or as a standard mod.
I think all comes to ask "does the mod has a range or it's fixed?"

If it has a range, the data needs some storage, so it's not feasible to change.

If it's fixed, the value is stored in the same place for all the items and easy to change.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
If you want to make some money out of it. i would suggest to buy/keep Mjolnir now even though we dont know what's going to happen to it.

If all mjolnir are nerfed, i doubt the price will drop that much since the nerf is not very big. And with the wrath and mjnolnir attack speed buff, it's still one of the best ways to create an OP discharge build.

On the other hand, if the current ones become legacy, then boom you are rich. Sure the nerfed version is not significantly weaker, but the current versions will all become limited editions. And rich people will pay big bucks as long as the limited editions are stronger.

Just like luxury cars. Limited editions are always much more expensive even if the the standard ones have similar mechanical features.

Ofc it's a risky decision but the upside is huge and the downside is limited.
just my 2 cents.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
mulearino wrote:

It depends on how they store the value for the percentage. If it's just part of the mod in the table, it can be adjusted universally. If it's stored with the individual item, then it would require an individual update. I'm not sure we know whether they treat the mod similar to Acuity's or as a standard mod.

Pretty sure its a value. Go search an item on poe.trade for #% chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit. Then go look up lightning coils unique mod. They follow the same syntax. Now if you were to search acuity's old mod you will notice there is no # or % associated with it. The new mod on acuity does though. So if acuity were further changed there would be legacy 60% acuity.
Last edited by Snozzberries on May 1, 2015, 8:35:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info