Mjolner rip o.o nerf confirmed?

"
Chundadragon wrote:
And one that's ridiculous since you're whining about something. At least whine about something real.

Oh. Hear dumb is ok, but ridiculous is not ok. I dont need to say more
"
i am pretty sure that mjolner will not be legacy. look at these arguments: (and u will also agree with this guy)

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/34e624/cb_spoiler_mjolner_in_closed_beta/cqui29c

Agree. Base item changes are always universal. And there's really nothing different about it's mod than Acuity. It didn't roll on a range, it's a mechanic. I'd say the smart money is selling now. If they like mjol, they can probably pick it back up on the cheap post nerf.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Inb4 every Mjölner simply gets adjusted :'D

I would die laughting!!! :D
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
Uhhh if the base speed of the item has been increased and there will also be 50% chance legacy versions...doesn't that mean the legacy mjolnirs will be 1.15 speed 50% chance uber mjolnirs?

Tadadada, we have a winner!
Because of that there is no doubt that the change we be retroactive and there will be no legacy at all. GGG has done many things but nerfing an item while buffing the legacy version never happened.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Uhhh if the base speed of the item has been increased and there will also be 50% chance legacy versions...doesn't that mean the legacy mjolnirs will be 1.15 speed 50% chance uber mjolnirs?

Tadadada, we have a winner!
Because of that there is no doubt that the change we be retroactive and there will be no legacy at all. GGG has done many things but nerfing an item while buffing the legacy version never happened.

indeed, no leg version would be the logical solution, but GGG sometimes does strange things so you never know
not having a legacy even tho they are buffing the attack speed would be out of character for GGG. "So legacy items only happen when we make numerical changes to min/max values of mods, (that is exactly what they are doing to Mjolner if it goes to 30%) or if we add/remove entire mods from a unique. We do not create legacy items when we change what mods do (this is fairly rare, though)."
"
Darrylrfd wrote:
not having a legacy even tho they are buffing the attack speed would be out of character for GGG. "So legacy items only happen when we make numerical changes to min/max values of mods, (that is exactly what they are doing to Mjolner if it goes to 30%) or if we add/remove entire mods from a unique. We do not create legacy items when we change what mods do (this is fairly rare, though)."

Not really. It's not a variable mod. If it rolled 40-50, then yeah, I don't think there'd be any doubt the legacy values would remain. But it's either a single mod that is being reworked, or they're adding a new mod to the database that new mojos will pull. I don't think that 50% is a numerical value stored with the item. It's just an intrisic part of that particular mod.

But, Lightning Coil should have been the same way, and they let that one go legacy. Just a matter of how it's coded, and how they want to approach it. If they do actually store that 50% on the individual mojo, it'll prolly go legacy.
They did not say anything about variable mods they said they create legacy items when they change the Min/Max value on items. Aegis Aurora 4% to 2% not variable. Prism guardian 24% to 12% implicit. Saffell's Frame 5% max resist to 4% all of them not variable mods all have legacy versions. they may not make a legacy i don't know. but if it is left as it is and they don't make a legacy version there previous statements where lies.
Last edited by Darrylrfd on May 1, 2015, 11:18:54 AM
Since when GGG is caring about permanent leagues balance and legacy items ?
"
IceDeal wrote:
Since when GGG is caring about permanent leagues balance and legacy items ?

Since Acuity and CoE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info