Mjolner rip o.o nerf confirmed?

"
Snozzberries wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
mulearino wrote:
If you all have done some digging you would realize the update to base aps is separate from the reduced percentage of casting socketed lightning spells on hit. For the former they just update a value in a table and it applies to all gavels, whereas the latter would require them updating the value on each mjolner individually.

It depends on how they store the value for the percentage. If it's just part of the mod in the table, it can be adjusted universally. If it's stored with the individual item, then it would require an individual update. I'm not sure we know whether they treat the mod similar to Acuity's or as a standard mod.

Pretty sure its a value. Go search an item on poe.trade for #% chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit. Then go look up lightning coils unique mod. They follow the same syntax.

I did the same thing you just described, but I'm not sure what you're saying...
I see "x% chance to cast lightning skills on hit"....the "x" is a random variable. Just like hte lightning coil was 40% but is now 30%....same thing...

not saying this is open and shut case, just kinda makes me wish for legacy at least (I own a mjolner currently)
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
If you want to make some money out of it. i would suggest to buy/keep Mjolnir now even though we dont know what's going to happen to it.

If all mjolnir are nerfed, i doubt the price will drop that much since the nerf is not very big.

The difference is huge. 50% to 30% is a 40% drop. Plus it's not just a 40% drop in dps that is hit but the actual reliability of the build surrounding the weapon. It will be much easier to die to certain bosses where steady safe leech is needed. The 30% proc rate will make them too dangerous to attempt even with 1000ex of gear. It will be better to just use a ranged build like dagger spectral throw, wand barrage or bow torndao shot and never get hit than go for an unreliable Mjolner build. Mjolner will sell for 5ex or lower a few months after the nerf.

I agree. But you only consider the nerfed feature. after the universal nerf what i would do is to basically stack attack speed. Faster attack and multistrike. something like that. you get 10% base attack speed buff. and i think the final reliability would be similar. Now the current one is definitely much better but i think the nerfed one may not be that bad. But since you are a mjnolner owner and i'm not, u may have a better understand about the weapon and its use.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
The difference is huge. 50% to 30% is a 40% drop. Plus it's not just a 40% drop in dps that is hit but the actual reliability of the build surrounding the weapon. It will be much easier to die to certain bosses where steady safe leech is needed. The 30% proc rate will make them too dangerous to attempt even with 1000ex of gear.

This isn't true at all. First of all, it's a 35% drop, because of the APS increase. Secondly, you will STILL have steady safe leech on bosses if you use molten strike to get your procs - you can generate so many hits with it that changing from 50% to 30% isn't going to meaningfully affect the steadiness of your leech, only its amount. Thirdly, you are not factoring in the changes to wrath which essentially make your overall damage the same (20% more damage * 1.6 from aura nodes = 32% more lightning damage)

If you have 200 ex worth of gear to surround your Mjolner, it's still going to be just as GG, even with the nerfs, at least based on what we know so far.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on May 2, 2015, 1:37:08 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
For that large of a change, it will most likely apply to all mjolners. i.e. no legacies. 30% chance to cast makes it a bit unreliable at crucial moments. Good thing I never spend too much on one or a corrupted one. If they dropped it to 40%, there might have been a legacy, but not 30%.

So it seems like the fun high end 500ex+ builds like CoC and dischargers with their unique playstyles are being nerfed to oblivion. What's left to try? Crit bows? Melee crit flicker? No, I don't like the stop and shoot, hack and slash plain Jane playstyle. So after putting in about 2000 hours, it seems like there's nothing left to aim for.

sorry i looked at your comment history since it seems u have a good understanding about mjnolners. and then i saw this. now clearly u haven't tried a high budge TS build. u don't stop and shoot. u run and shoot. i dont have a 500ex+ build but i do have a glyph mark. l love to map with my discharge friends and secretly laugh at them behind my computer because i clear so fast even in 78 maps that they rarely get a chance to lag me. all they can do is to warp way ahead me and try to attack first. Now this is just 2-3 ppl party. In 6 men party, u discharge guys sure can finally release ur impressive power.
Guess you missed the part where GGG said they are nerfing leech on bosses and further changes are allotted for leech...
Last edited by Snozzberries on May 2, 2015, 1:44:24 AM
"
Snozzberries wrote:
Guess you missed the part where GGG said they are nerfing leech on bosses and further changes are allotted for leech...

Didn't miss it, we just don't have any details on it. They made an offhand comment about nerfing leech on bosses and possibly buffing Vaal Pact. We don't know enough about potential leech changes to make judgments about it.

If they don't nerf aspects of current mjolner builds, it seems likely to be OP as hell in 2.0, because of the addition of wrath (30%+ more damage) and the addition of spell leech from jewels.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 2, 2015, 1:55:30 AM
Typically, people not using cyclone use lightning strike to clear mobs and molten strike for bosses. LS is still slower than cyclone but not by very much.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 2, 2015, 9:27:22 AM
Meh, if it will be nerfed like that, it still will be a really powerful item. That just shows how freaking OP it is right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info