Mjölner Nerf - Incoming in 2.0 ?

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
ShadowShinobi wrote:
It doesn't make sense otherwise, Having Mjölner dealing Millions of Dps while spells can't even Shotgun anymore. Get rid of all your Mjolners while you still can :P

how does one deal millions of deeps with mjol?

what kind of mjolner you play that can't deal millions of dps?

also unlike coc which is internally capped at 50ms per trigger which is at most 20 casts per second. And requiring you to crit in the first place.

mjolner's "cast on hit" has no cap. This means depending on the attacks landed you can proc hundreds of discharge casts + hundreds of arc casts + hundreds of w/e lightning spell cast per second.

For example I use ST with a gmp into a big pack of blue mobs at the tip of ST's returning point each projectile will hit multiple enemies at 0.2s per hit... times 5 projectiles...

Say each projectile only hits 3 enemies, with ST's 200ms internal cooldown it's 5 hits per second per enemy, this totals out 15 hits per second per projectile, at 5 projectles it's 75 hits per second. At 50% proc rate it's 37.5 cast on each lightning spell gem you socketed. And depends on how dense the mob pack is it scales up indefinitely... especially with good ias your 2nd ST reached the mobs while your 1st ST is still doing damage... there's zero cap nada zilch whatsoever, infinite scaling.

cast on crit is capped on 20ms period... so it's at maximum 20 casts per second NO MATTER WHAT. (Making mjolner almost double the dps and we are NOT even considering the dps loss from GMP's 50% less damage modifier AND the nature of ST allowing you to have multiple stacks of ST on top of the same packs of enemy). This is IF you also fine tune your attack speed for coc... if you attack TOO FAST you actually lose dps on coc due to the internal cd. Also popular coc builds usually run GMP which is 50% less damage nerf automatically, made up by shotgun mechanics.

It will be strange if GGG nerfs coc but don't touch mjolner especially a good mjolner build are much much more durable than a typical coc build. Also if you don't mind losing your little shield, you can DW mjolner for free 15% ias boost (and there's no internal cooldown nerfing you from casting too fast like coc).

Hope you have little more idea on how mjolner works and why it's viewed as OP. If you are using the same attack unless you roally fuck up your build, mjolner will always be stronger... MUCH stronger.

i play a 1h mjol + GS+ shield build. My Ground slam is like 6k dps. I don't understand where u gusy are getting this millions dps from... Everyone and their mothers keep saying "mjol does millions of deeps" I don't see it. pls help
"
saltyvu wrote:

i play a 1h mjol + GS+ shield build. My Ground slam is like 6k dps. I don't understand where u gusy are getting this millions dps from... Everyone and their mothers keep saying "mjol does millions of deeps" I don't see it. pls help

sigh... as I said before people really dont know how this game works.
most barrage coc builds probably has like 400 dps on their barrage tooltip... but that doesn't mean they are not doing 1 million dps...

Here's a hint in PoE not everything shows up on tooltip... and to get your actual dps there are player-create dps calculators you can use to find out your real dps.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
L-o-l N1
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
saltyvu wrote:

sigh... as I said before people really dont know how this game works.
most barrage coc builds probably has like 400 dps on their barrage tooltip... but that doesn't mean they are not doing 1 million dps...

Here's a hint in PoE not everything shows up on tooltip... and to get your actual dps there are player-create dps calculators you can use to find out your real dps.

i'm not CoC/Barrage/dicharge, Pew. I don't understand why you keep bringing it up... i'm just a reg 1h ground slam using Mjol to cast arc for that extra deeps. Im still around 6k dps. ( u r right, some stuff don't show up in the tooltip)

btw, that vid you linked me... its seems like they need to nerf discharge more like it. kekeke
Last edited by saltyvu on Apr 26, 2015, 9:08:48 PM
I don't know how this is so difficult of a concept for you to grasp... it's really not hard... let me say this again slower...

UR GROUND SLAM Dee Pee Es HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE Dee Pee Es FROM THE SPELLS SOCKETED IN UR MJOLNER...

/ S I G N ~~~

What happens when people can trade for anything they want without really knowing how anything works... buy those pieces, copy a build from class forum... and faceroll?
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 26, 2015, 9:20:39 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:
I don't know how this is so difficult of a concept for you to grasp... it's really not hard... let me say this again slower...

UR GROUND SLAM Dee Pee Es HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE Dee Pee Es FROM THE SPELLS SOCKETED IN UR MJOLNER...

/ S I G N ~~~

What happens when people can trade for anything they want without really knowing how anything works... buy those pieces, copy a build from class forum... and faceroll?

well i'm having a hard time clearing 70's map... so idk whats going on. sigh... i'm just a little sad right now, mjol = millun dps my butt....
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

/ S I G N ~~~

well i'm having a hard time clearing 70's map... so idk whats going on. sigh... i'm just a little sad right now, mjol = millun dps my butt....

You should feel sad, yes. I don't know what to tell you when you can barely clear 70 maps with a mjolner... all of a sudden the whole "mjolner is underpowered" comments all made sense...

Truthfully tho... I can guarantee you Mjolner isn't the problem here.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

/ S I G N ~~~

You should feel sad, yes. I don't know what to tell you when you can barely clear 70 maps with a mjolner... all of a sudden the whole "mjolner is underpowered" comments all made sense...

T_T whlp can you help me?

So with your knowledge on how the game works, could u whip me up a basic skill tree and gear i should use with mjol/ground slam? i'm going for melee since i already have planty of spell casting char as it is....
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

/ S I G N ~~~

You might want to consider the possibility you're being trolled.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

/ S I G N ~~~

That doesn't mean Mjolner isn't OP... it just means YOU are terrible at making a build around it. Or you are trolling us. Item isn't the problem, you are... clear enough?
IGN: LessBow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info