Mjölner Nerf - Incoming in 2.0 ?

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Uh no they are not CoC - incinerate, DD, SRS, Face breakers and so on. It;s you who needs to learn

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/982394

So you have no clue... a proper barrage coc shotgun will easily out done all the specs you listed... with higher dps than all those builds combined...

please... learn.

[Removed by Support] so no point in arguing but ill leave this here 5L DD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwmhCfH5jZs&feature=youtu.be
Git R Dun!
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Apr 26, 2015, 4:00:55 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Uh no they are not CoC - incinerate, DD, SRS, Face breakers and so on. It;s you who needs to learn

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/982394

AND BTW CoC is not being nerfed 80%

First of all GMP only gives 2.5x dps on base spell.
Second AB FB explosions are untouched by GMP nerf
third GMP gem is gettig buffed

all those barrage builds will still do uber like they did before probably looking at about 15-25% less DPS.

While FB and AB explosions shotgun is unaffected by the nerf, this can only happen in a pack of monsters now since on single target all projectiles except for 1 will automatically pierce the target. So unless you use frost wall or you are shooting into a wall you will only deal damage with 1 projectile and 1 explosion to a boss. GMP barrage single target is going to disappear with that change.
Last edited by irradikate on Apr 26, 2015, 4:11:03 PM
Mjölner OP?
I laughed.
Its okay for midbudged lowlife builds, but nowhere near op.
EXALTS>EXAMS
It's like there shouldn't be any OP uniques in the game.

Only rare mirrored items for tha most deeps.
"
skieZ wrote:
Mjölner OP?
I laughed.
Its okay for midbudged lowlife builds, but nowhere near op.

Garbage for high tier DPS.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Also with the gmp/lmp only hit once per attack changes many people are wondering if mjolner will proc much less in 2.0 its being discussed in mjolner threads at present http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023816/page/57.
"
Fhark wrote:
Also with the gmp/lmp only hit once per attack changes many people are wondering if mjolner will proc much less in 2.0 its being discussed in mjolner threads at present http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023816/page/57.

Judging from the wording used when describing the LMP/GMP change, it seems true that even though overlapping aoe effects from projectiles can still damage the same target, they don't count as hits. In that case Mjolner single target will be trashed
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
Seriously, I just dont get this full retard jealous shithead mentality of you people. How about, for once, you start doing something useful and try to focus on "how to make broken things work" as opposed to "how to break working things"?

People be jealous they don't have the good items. Suck less, chance more or go back to Blizzard games. That's coming from someone that has yet to see that weapon and I am not running around asking for shit to be nerfed.
"
No I can tell you it's not going to be nerfed and don't go doing doomsday bullshit just to get items for cheap so fucking old.

Mjonier can work with Discharge? Arc? Stormcall or COMBO - > Reserve new unique knockback gloves into Discharge knock back. None of those even remotely shotgunned not even ball lightning.

Now off with you.

As for compensation for spells being not able to shotgun from a discussion in general beta chat, They are likely increasing the damage of spells that could shotgun to be viable in terms of giving them more DPS or another form to compensate for the loss of shotgunning aka like FP or incinerate.

Dudette, that is the longest speech you've made in ages :) Has your love for PoE been rekindled?

ON TOPIC: I hope they leave it as is, I'd really like to try it out at some point. I made a half-assed Fakener copied from Mathil and that thing is a beast even with my shitty gear and dagger.

We need to realise that it is actually OK to have some things in the game that are borked - the synergistic nature of unique builds like LLST and Mjolner mean that they have little impact on the core competitive aspect of the game (racing etc.), but at the same time allow for more uniques and items to enter the economy due to high clear rates and content smashing. This is a good thing for us plebs because it allows cheap access to interesting gear to build with, which can be argued as the core of the game outside of racing and unique hunting.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
No I can tell you it's not going to be nerfed and don't go doing doomsday bullshit just to get items for cheap so fucking old.

Mjonier can work with Discharge? Arc? Stormcall or COMBO - > Reserve new unique knockback gloves into Discharge knock back. None of those even remotely shotgunned not even ball lightning.

Now off with you.

As for compensation for spells being not able to shotgun from a discussion in general beta chat, They are likely increasing the damage of spells that could shotgun to be viable in terms of giving them more DPS or another form to compensate for the loss of shotgunning aka like FP or incinerate.

Dudette, that is the longest speech you've made in ages :) Has your love for PoE been rekindled?

ON TOPIC: I hope they leave it as is, I'd really like to try it out at some point. I made a half-assed Fakener copied from Mathil and that thing is a beast even with my shitty gear and dagger.

We need to realise that it is actually OK to have some things in the game that are borked - the synergistic nature of unique builds like LLST and Mjolner mean that they have little impact on the core competitive aspect of the game (racing etc.), but at the same time allow for more uniques and items to enter the economy due to high clear rates and content smashing. This is a good thing for us plebs because it allows cheap access to interesting gear to build with, which can be argued as the core of the game outside of racing and unique hunting.

No not really I just don't like people trying to be slick as fuck for the sake of buying an item cheap as an advantage. Like hes basically trying to hype everyone ''sell'' it for cheap to the OP that's the entire point of the thread.

Of course the people who actually do think it's OP obviously contribute pointlessly as ever and as usual I make fun of them; Well not this time but you get the point.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info