Searching for the Secret Elemental Hit Build

Elemental Hit is widely regarded as one of the worst (if not the worst) and most lackluster skills in the game. It has been around since back in Closed Beta, but as long as I can remember no one in their right mind uses the skill and GGG knows it. However it has only had its damage continually reduced since patch 0.9.1 and by the looks of datamined information on 2.0.0 (not by me but as seen in posts on Reddit), the mana cost is remaining absurdly high and damage is not changing much.

Now there's something I have heard several people say in the past and am now starting to believe: there is some secret OP OP OP build that utilizes elemental hit that no one, save the creator of the build and GGG, knows about. Otherwise, what reason would they have for not improving the damage or functionality of ele hit? I know a lot of people cite the mana cost as a huge issue, but even if it were lowered, I don't believe it would be even close to as effective as other currently existing melee/wand/bow skills.

As a community if we put our heads together, I really believe we can figure out what this secret Elemental Hit Build is!

GGG, any hints?
pm me
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
ranged totem+ ele hit
I"m also intrigued about that skill gem, but still can't come out with a very good build for it.
a fast attack build is ok for it, but you need tons of mana reg notes for play it mana stable xD

for example.

A level 20 Gem and +100% attack Speed and Multistrike can get you to attack around 8x per second. Average Damage per Hit is 200*0.64(Multistrike Damage Malus) 128

so 128 * 8 attacks = 1024 dps + Elementaldamagebonus (200 to be high value for example)
so 3072 dps raw date without the effect of any resistances.

Now the Manapart

Base 25 Mana
Faster Attack 115%
Weapon Ele Damage 150%
Multistrike 180%

= 77 Mana * 8 / 3 = 207 Mana per second

You could add Manaleech gem in a 5 socket ... or use another skill

I tried making an elemental hit character in bloodlines and god it sucked so hard.

Mana cost was the primary issue. I just couldnt ever use my skill from 1-60. Forget quill rain.

One of the worst builds ive done in recent memory and reminded me of a power siphone wander from pre kinetic blast days.
Well this skill used to be quite popular as a single target for bow builds back in LA's glory days(it was either this or frenzy). I remember they used to sell for a decent price as well since back then it was drop only.
Never really looked into it, but I suspect it's a build focused on stacking the three different elemental status effects one on top of the other. Shock means more fire damage, which means more base burn damage, which means even MORE final burn damage, and the freeze... well freeze is probably just gravy. "Elemental Damage with Weapons" is a mod that can be found in large numbers, as well. Probably use dual Tamings if you can afford them. Elemental proliferation handles crowds for you.

I would expect super-fast but low damage weapons like Quill Rain are a trap: theoretical DPS might be high, but your mana consumption is very limiting, and again, your main damage is going to be burn, so lots of little shots don't help you as much because burn doesn't stack with itself.

Again, never played it or looked at it really hard, but that's how I suspect a build like this would operate.
I tried an elemental hit archer. You need elreon rings and amulet and even then still have mana problems...as a 4L.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Elemental hit used to be quite imbalanced until they nerfed it. However that nerf was unnecessary because elemental hit was given credit only because no one realized the potential of critical at that time. Having said that, it is still quite potent with all the templar elemental nodes, on par with infernal blow and other resolute technique skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info