Searching for the Secret Elemental Hit Build

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Elemental Hit + ALD + WED + LPen + Wrath + Herald of Thunder
What's the point of elehit in this combo? wouldn't it be better with... idk, anything else?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Elemental Hit + ALD + WED + LPen + Wrath + Herald of Thunder
What's the point of elehit in this combo? wouldn't it be better with... idk, anything else?

Why quote only a little part of his entire sentiment and then comment on that, when it is clear from the context what vipermagi is implying.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
...Yes, but the mixbag of Elements can get 600 DPS whereas EHit only reaches 125 DPS.

Reducing an enemy's Resistance is nice and all, but without any sort of flat Elemental Damage bonus your Base Damage is going to be abysmal. Elemental Hit + ALD + WED + LPen + Wrath + Herald of Thunder gets you far better results, because you consistently deal a lot of Lightning Damage and always have a bunch of Pen for your main Element. On top of that, you can run Anger and Herald of Ice to get a bit more freebie Damage, both of which would completely ruin any EE/EHit build. On top of that, the non-EE build can actually use a proper Ele Damage weapon, further increasing the already vast gap in Base Damage.

EE/EHit is bad, even ignoring the fact you don't get a perfect rotation.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 24, 2015, 11:07:00 AM
And if re-reading the emphasised bit doesn't help, maybe check the thread title as well :)
The third hint
There is a difference between "better" and "good".
A fourth hint
This discussion is about making Elemental Hit work. "Don't use Elemental Hit" is terrible advice in-context - out-of-the-box thinking only works if your goal is not literally THE BOX, hahah.
To add to this threat a little bit.

I imagine the elreon rings are extremely good for a set-up like this, as are the reduced skill cost nodes in the passive tree.

I sort of imagine the biggest strength of EH to be its quality bonus, a 80% increased critical hit chance is roughly 4 passive points, which is a lot more then most quality bonuses offer.

Going of this, a dagger aura stacking crit build that fully abuses this quality bonus is the first line of though i would consider when building with this skill.

EH + melee splash + WeD + Pcoc/increased critical chance + increased critical damage.

would be my favored 5-link. With a 6-link most likely life leach would be utilized if we cant maintain a Curse on hit herald of thunder warlords mark set-up. Alternatively swap it out for multistrike in maps where you can curse. However this might reduce the potency of both crit and status effect. However i cant really come up with another RED gem that could comfortably replace life leach in maps where it is unneeded.

Maybe a doryani's belt of the element you favor mostly, not sure if 1%ll would be enough though. Most likely this element in this case would be lightning, to enable autocursing HoT with wrath.

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit : alternatively, a piscator pierce EH build also comes to mind to become ranged and fully benefit from the skill.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 24, 2015, 11:30:32 AM
Seriously, if you stack all elemental sources like any good elemental attacker build does, even 25% extra damage on power siphon or any other skill with a decent damage multiplier will give you higher base damage than Elemental hit. And you don't pay the ridiculous mana cost either.

As long as that is the case, there will be no reason to use it, it's hard to give EH the kind of numbers that would enable it to compete with strong single target skills and mana cost to match. The skill needs to do something different to be worth it, something like penetrating a random elemental resistance instead, or maybe...

Dunno, something interesting, like chaining with a twist, how about rolling an element on hit and keep chaining to nearby targets until it rolls an elemental type again, and throw chaos in the mix to give it more potential jumps. So it would be able to get five hits per use if you're lucky and only two if you aren't, of course chaining range could be shorter than Arc or Chain support to keep it local, and beams could change color between jumps to indicate the rolled element, people love bling.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 24, 2015, 12:16:15 PM
EH was pretty good in the past ( did a very powerfull low life dual totem EH build ), but it got nerf in every way, so now it's 150 % crap.
IGN TylordRampage
Maybe some kind of inherent proliferation?
I'll just leave this here...

Stormcalling 24/7.
"
Malone wrote:
EH was pretty good in the past ( did a very powerfull low life dual totem EH build ), but it got nerf in every way, so now it's 150 % crap.

That's not the main problem, other sources of elemental damage just creeped up too much. Flat damage auras are stronger than before, elemental rolls on weapons are higher and we also got heralds.

I'd prefer it to do something new than to fight the stat battle, but if it must be so, just adding 'deals 120-130% of base elemental damage' to its existing bonuses should do the trick. It might actually be worth the mana cost then.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 24, 2015, 1:13:47 PM
When they added Penetration gems, they made specializing in single elements much better than using a skill where you don't know what elemental damage type you're doing. They should either include penetration (perhaps through quality) or change the gem to a support gem.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info