Searching for the Secret Elemental Hit Build

Hmm, dual Dyadus, EE, and as many Ele damage and status nodes as you can get?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Delete on death.
Nice, but what if it hits the same element consecutively?

What about using Soul Taker to deal w/ mana once and for all?
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Mana cost isn't even the worst of it.
You can solve that by the reduced mana cost of skills or Blood Magic.
But then you need to scale attack speed. Run elemental auras.

Oh what the hell, you may as well run Ele Buzzsaw instead.
had a pretty op build , but then ranged attack totem,ele hit , crit weakness was hit in the same patch :( , might try it out again now that harbringers are in the game
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2YeJVSxa_JpW1SG1sD6twUioL8-qDCW-eykrDOpu1UzV3B4cTnKQaj_ba-wkZiti9NZK18m6qSsg_JypNfVusR1FMsQW40IGv2joo-oLH-ehBh7c-_gpgZfH-af7kIriT6-7sy8BmRUe1BKIABLPhc4Kb7SB35VfiRtdXKXGFwBoaOJBVJy_sONq5sULzEeywNj25fIwLmG_cI5J99zJyqayqWfPlzwAGFfZieVuv3Q0s6RUgmK0Rgd1GY6dW-vzFTZIj9qOK7g5RRzB8jX3_3iT951Qy0YCkVdZk5xcv-tJmng==

best i could come up with was something like this using double doryani's

then u get crit rings or tamings depending on wealth, and crit crit multi ami, standard crit set up

should net you 300% increased ele off page, 90 off rings and belt 100% off doryani's, probably could hit 400% crit multi

links would be WED faster atks multi strike blood magic, crit multi i guess maybe melee splash though a 4link static with phys to light would be superior aoe. mana draw shouldnt be too bad but there is no elemental mana leech or what not. paper dps still suks, even if you take into EE it leaves alot to be desired...

auras would be haste grace, no ele auras cause then u cant use EE, aka u lose massive dmg. i dont know, if you ran ele auras might be better but still.

and lets not get started on the no defences.
EE's Base Damage is not good enough to warrant going without Elemental Auras. EE does not triple your Damage, Anger/Wrath/Heralds will. You could go Physical + EHit + EE, but then why not use a stronger Attack instead and scale your Phys Damage way higher.

It might serve as single-target for an Elemental Attacker. *shrug*
"
Vipermagi wrote:
EE's Base Damage is not good enough to warrant going without Elemental Auras. EE does not triple your Damage, Anger/Wrath/Heralds will. You could go Physical + EHit + EE, but then why not use a stronger Attack instead and scale your Phys Damage way higher.

It might serve as single-target for an Elemental Attacker. *shrug*

your 300 tooltip dps against monsters with 75% resistance is 75 effective dps.
while 100 tooltip dps with EE against monsters with 75% resistance is 75 effective dps.

now you understand what the trouble ele hit + EE?
Delete on death.
Last edited by Whildus on Apr 24, 2015, 7:34:54 AM
Little correction: it is (1/3)*25+(2/3)*75=58 effective dps because if elements are switched randomly (which is what I believe; if it is wrong, please correct me) then there is 1/3 chance that the next hit will use the same element so EE will not increase its damage. Anyway it is obvious that EH is better with EE than without it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Apr 24, 2015, 8:01:38 AM
"
Whildus wrote:
your 300 tooltip dps against monsters with 75% resistance is 75 effective dps.
while 100 tooltip dps with EE against monsters with 75% resistance is 75 effective dps.
now you understand what the trouble ele hit + EE?

...Yes, but the mixbag of Elements can get 600 DPS whereas EHit only reaches 125 DPS.

Reducing an enemy's Resistance is nice and all, but without any sort of flat Elemental Damage bonus your Base Damage is going to be abysmal. Elemental Hit + ALD + WED + LPen + Wrath + Herald of Thunder gets you far better results, because you consistently deal a lot of Lightning Damage and always have a bunch of Pen for your main Element. On top of that, you can run Anger and Herald of Ice to get a bit more freebie Damage, both of which would completely ruin any EE/EHit build. On top of that, the non-EE build can actually use a proper Ele Damage weapon, further increasing the already vast gap in Base Damage.

EE/EHit is bad, even ignoring the fact you don't get a perfect rotation.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 24, 2015, 9:41:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info