Summoner Feedback - Closed beta ( Live version )

several hours talking with Chris? Yeah kinda
He knew it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242499
Summoning Dan: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1250921
"
RootCookie wrote:
Nice, thanks for your feedback.
I wouldn't agree with you on DD, I think the only bad thing about DD is your going to RIP yourself one day. Also you kinda need to spec for it a bit.

Can you elaborate on the fights? Normal/Cruel/Merc Piety/DOM and all the new ones?
Like, how did the fight go playing as a summoner? Where you targeted a lot? Where the bosses getting body blocked? Did your Specters/Zombies survive, did you survive?

Did you use any mitigation? (Armour/EV/Auras/Leech)

In normal mode most of them died pretty horribly in terms of mitigation I have none literally haha.

Like ZERO mitigation whatsoever other then a good amount of resist and I wasn't really targeted a lot least I didn't notice much of it. Bosses weren't getting body blocked at all as as for cruetly in terms of my minions surviving they were also dying until about lets say Act 2 then they started to ramp up and not die along with actually being useful.

Fighting as a summoner as I've said in leveling in terms of bosses was pretty fucking horrible.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
cool feedback, its nice you are having fun
Serious feedback, from Apathy...
I had to check the name a couple of times to believe it.
But I'm glad I did.
Hat's off, miss. well done, and thank you.

And now it's time to actually read this, as serious Beta contribution and a valuable source of information.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
I usually don't do these things but I've been impressed by the quality of act IV so far so lets begin.

( Note for the live users this will have spoilers in the end you have been warned ) Since you guys can't see the beta threads I suppose I can give you an outline or a direct copy of my feed back of what I've been through at the current moment in my experiences as progressing as a summoner. You can ask questions if you want too and I'll do my best to answer them There is no NDA after all.

Background in terms of progression as a summoner

Now this is actually my very first time I've leveled a summoner, I'm a user dating back closed beta granted I lost the account anyway; I decided to actually level as a summoner and it was not a good idea. In fact it was probably the worst idea I've ever fucking done in years. Minion's are too fragile in terms of progression like they fall in probably a 3 hits and that's the problem with a summoner but in most cases.

You don't level as a summoner like you never ever level a summoner is the basic most thing ever in terms of making a summoner as a given rule throughout the community's input of it, That's only weakness I can say when it comes to summoner via progression other then that from my experience of at the current moment which is normal all the way to merciless, I'll be finishing act IV in about probably an hour after making this current feedback thread.

--------------------------

Passive setup: Yolo

I literally yolo'd this summoner, No copy pasta or whatever you wish to call it; Just the basic all minion nodes and all life nodes not a special thing.

-------------------------

Gem feedback

* Raise Zombie

The only issue about zombies is that they are very fragile when leveling which I already went through via the first area of my feedback, Overall I guess they could use more damage buffs however you guys already did that I suppose from support gem buffs. In terms of progression into merc they have excellent amount of health as it is like overkill which isn't bad however I believe Henry told me that's a bug of having a LITTLE too much amount of health via your minions.

My current zombies have about 10k+ health and it's not even fully leveled as a level 62 summoner at the moment which is fucking amazing, I reckon it will probably be around 8k'ish when they fix it. Raise zombie right now is about level 16 + 2 so that amount of health is pretty insane.

* Summon Raging skull

This is the basic ''filler'' as a summoner I guess and it's PRETTY fucking powerful and I can see why it kept being nerfed over and over. Even after the nerfs to it, It's still one of the most powerful summoner skills in game by far. The only thing I would improve upon this gem is likely giving it a slight duration boost and probably boost there speed on how they travel without the quality.

* Summon Fire Golem

Fire Golem is a wonderful gem; Increasing your own damage output while supporting you is pretty good. The damage it does is pretty good too other then that I really don't have any negative feedback on the gem It's good right now.

* Raise Spectre

I have confusing opinions on this gem like It's good and bad I guess? The damage penalty via progression should be removed personally or lowered as well I don't find them good when it comes to leveling anyway. When it begins to ramp up around 40-50 then it becomes pretty severely amazing. Only thing I would change about Spectre is giving it default two spec's instead of one other then that there's really nothing wrong with it in fact some mobs in act IV are pretty fucking broken when it comes to a spectre such as Lantern bro but I'll get into that further via later in this feedback.

* Animate Guardian

It really needs to be improved, Only thing special about it; is just it's now extremely tanky having about 13k health via level 15 gems and the basic minion passives. However the damage it does is very medicore or I suppose fucking terrible. In my opinion you guys should re-work the skill personally like give it I don't know some skills like the ones in fucking bloodlines other then that it's very lack luster skill at the moment and I'm hoping you guys improve it over the past course of beta.

* Raise Skeletons

This gem is actually a piece of shit like just straight up bad. The skeletons are too slow and don't really do any damage like their basically just cannon fodder, All they do is tank but without lets say spell totem linked to it it's basically a worthless gem. It's entire purpose in my progression was to be a distraction I guess and blow up however they have no health to even do damage via Minion instability making them even more worthless. I would improve this gem by a lot and work on it like right now it's probably the worst literally the most terrible summoner gem right now. What I propose to it in my opinion is that; Give it damage and a health boost and don't make them fucking slow, There like a fucking turtle.

Summoning two at a time is also pretty shitty in my opinion it should just spawn the whole flock like that would probably acceptable or lets say a constant spawn as an aura like example the skeleton shrine it should work like that personally.

* Flesh offering

This gem just needs a boost in duration without any links probably like lets say 5 seconds more granted it gets additional duration for every corpse consumed however I still find it dull other then that the gem is fine in terms of what it's meant to do.

* Desecrate

All this needs is a little bit more corpses personally other then that it's fine where it is.

* Detonate Dead

I personally think this skill is a piece of shit and needs improvement mainly on the damage but that's pretty much it, I'd rework it personally.

-----------------------

Spectre feedback: Act IV Mobs

Lantern Bro

Honestly hes probably too good like I'd probably tone him down just a little bit not to the point where hes useless but right now his damage is pretty fucking ridiculous like my god it's probably the most broken minion in the game right now.

------------------

General Act IV feedback

Voll Boss Fight

I'm actually impressed on how well this mini boss is and I give you guys kudos to it, All I would do it is lower it's damage output in normal in most cases but that's just me.

King Kaom

Honestly I'm in limbo here about this fight at it's current state, I personally think he has TOO many adds other then that hes also really slow which could use a bit improvement I suppose.

Darsario

Undertuned is all I'm going to say; Improve his damage by a lot.

------------------

That's all I can really give in terms of my feedback at the current moment and I do apologize from my Grammer as I know it's not the best.

Thanks ~
As a disclosure I'm not in the beta yet so I won't know every change they've done to all the skill gems but I will be using information I've gained from watching streams and playing lots of different summoner builds on the live server.

So what I would like to say first of all is that going head first into a summoner from level 1 you are going to have a bad time. Obviously you've learned this by doing so but also from other people bad mouthing the summoner leveling experience. The biggest tip I could give you for trying out a summoner from level 1 is to not focus so much on them until you can get a zombie gem into a +2 minion gems item like a Matua Tupuna or a helmet with that on the item.

If you're a witch you can easily pick up lightning tendrils and fire trap to push yourself to your late 20's and then start getting a lot of the minion life and regeneration nodes on the tree. Once your minions don't die instantly on large packs you're pretty much set until you start hitting high level maps. Those require you to have the highest level of minion gem so they have better staying power against bosses and hasted yellow monsters.

Summon raging spirit is in a pretty good spot, duration is increased through points in the tree if you don't like how fast they fizzle out and their speed is like that so specialized builds aren't too powerful early on.

As far as golems I can't really speak on their survivability or damage they do but from afar I can say that the fire and ice golem give literally no direct benefit to the summoner itself or other minions. Chaos golem is the only one of the three that will give any extra benefit to the player other than having another permanent minion.

The spectre gem has it's problems but when leveling is not really the most glaring one, you generally pick the minion that you feel was the hardest to kill in a zone and make it yours during progression. I personally love the enduring cry cleave bears from act two. Since I don't think you have really started experiencing the pain of the skill gem I'll tell you now. When you start mapping your spectres will die, the ones you build for and have to leave maps for to resummon will be gone every single time you get disconnected. Even having to logout and do something else quick such as selling on another league or grab something from another character will force you to go to a specific zone to get the summon that is best for your build. This is a problem that is very unique to other builds where they only have to log in, put auras and buffs on themselves and they're ready for mapping.

Personally I feel as if animate guardian is the worst skill gem in the entire gem when compared to raise skeletons. Mostly because the skeletons actually have a purpose other than you losing a bunch of currency when your "guardian" eventually wanders off to get them self killed. I personally use the skeleton gem in a spell totem for extra buffer between myself and a boss/exile, I feel as if this is a useful thing to have in certain situations.

Flesh Offering is an amazing gem that would be overpowered if the up time on it could be more consistent. It's obvious they balanced the gem and how much attack speed it gives minions around the fact that it's hard to have a solid 100% uptime on the effect. It is already comparable to a Vaal Haste on it's own and buffing it further to make it easier to use I think is unwarranted.

With the Detonate Dead gem it's not really a summoner skill, in Diablo 2 it was a good skill on the Necromancer but in this game you need to build around it since it has very low base corpse explosion damage.

Anyway that is really the last of what I can say about your post since the rest involves content that I can't experience yet. I'm happy to hear that you're trying out summoner for the first time and I hope you'll enjoy playing it when you're all geared up in the beta!
10k HP Zombies at level 18?
I guess they might survive against Magaera(lvl22/20), then?

Too bad that Atrizi trio will still melt everything except my summoner.
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
10k HP Zombies at level 18?
I guess they might survive against Magaera(lvl22/20), then?

Too bad that Atrizi trio will still melt everything except my summoner.
"
Chris wrote:
Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks. This still being heavily iterated on.)
With this change I think that the Atziri fights will be a lot less of a hassle for keeping minions alive.
I am impressed. I didn't know I_NO knew how to write this well. The information was coherent and well thought out.

Stygian_Doll, something you want to admit to?
Thanks for the detailed info .

It's well written .

I wonder what they would do to skeletons, as a zombie-spectre user, I hardly use skeletons.Maybe they should separate +1 zombie and +1 skeleton from the tree.

The zombies may become too tanky in this case (linked with fortify?)

Looking forward to read more info about high lvl maping. Good job :)
"
hlq567 wrote:
Thanks for the detailed info .

It's well written .

I wonder what they would do to skeletons, as a zombie-spectre user, I hardly use skeletons.Maybe they should separate +1 zombie and +1 skeleton from the tree.

The zombies may become too tanky in this case (linked with fortify?)

Looking forward to read more info about high lvl maping. Good job :)
I'm looking forward to seeing how much more tanky zombies will become. They're essentially get a damage and a effective health buff from fortify alone. The change that they're doing with boss AoE to minions will only help even further improve usability solo and in parties.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info