Summoner Feedback - Closed beta ( Live version )

I usually don't do these things but I've been impressed by the quality of act IV so far so lets begin.

( Note for the live users this will have spoilers in the end you have been warned ) Since you guys can't see the beta threads I suppose I can give you an outline or a direct copy of my feed back of what I've been through at the current moment in my experiences as progressing as a summoner. You can ask questions if you want too and I'll do my best to answer them There is no NDA after all.

Background in terms of progression as a summoner

Now this is actually my very first time I've leveled a summoner, I'm a user dating back closed beta granted I lost the account anyway; I decided to actually level as a summoner and it was not a good idea. In fact it was probably the worst idea I've ever fucking done in years. Minion's are too fragile in terms of progression like they fall in probably a 3 hits and that's the problem with a summoner but in most cases.

You don't level as a summoner like you never ever level a summoner is the basic most thing ever in terms of making a summoner as a given rule throughout the community's input of it, That's only weakness I can say when it comes to summoner via progression other then that from my experience of at the current moment which is normal all the way to merciless, I'll be finishing act IV in about probably an hour after making this current feedback thread.

--------------------------

Passive setup: Yolo

I literally yolo'd this summoner, No copy pasta or whatever you wish to call it; Just the basic all minion nodes and all life nodes not a special thing.

-------------------------

Gem feedback

* Raise Zombie

The only issue about zombies is that they are very fragile when leveling which I already went through via the first area of my feedback, Overall I guess they could use more damage buffs however you guys already did that I suppose from support gem buffs. In terms of progression into merc they have excellent amount of health as it is like overkill which isn't bad however I believe Henry told me that's a bug of having a LITTLE too much amount of health via your minions.

My current zombies have about 10k+ health and it's not even fully leveled as a level 62 summoner at the moment which is fucking amazing, I reckon it will probably be around 8k'ish when they fix it. Raise zombie right now is about level 16 + 2 so that amount of health is pretty insane.

* Summon Raging skull

This is the basic ''filler'' as a summoner I guess and it's PRETTY fucking powerful and I can see why it kept being nerfed over and over. Even after the nerfs to it, It's still one of the most powerful summoner skills in game by far. The only thing I would improve upon this gem is likely giving it a slight duration boost and probably boost there speed on how they travel without the quality.

* Summon Fire Golem

Fire Golem is a wonderful gem; Increasing your own damage output while supporting you is pretty good. The damage it does is pretty good too other then that I really don't have any negative feedback on the gem It's good right now.

* Raise Spectre

I have confusing opinions on this gem like It's good and bad I guess? The damage penalty via progression should be removed personally or lowered as well I don't find them good when it comes to leveling anyway. When it begins to ramp up around 40-50 then it becomes pretty severely amazing. Only thing I would change about Spectre is giving it default two spec's instead of one other then that there's really nothing wrong with it in fact some mobs in act IV are pretty fucking broken when it comes to a spectre such as Lantern bro but I'll get into that further via later in this feedback.

* Animate Guardian

It really needs to be improved, Only thing special about it; is just it's now extremely tanky having about 13k health via level 15 gems and the basic minion passives. However the damage it does is very medicore or I suppose fucking terrible. In my opinion you guys should re-work the skill personally like give it I don't know some skills like the ones in fucking bloodlines other then that it's very lack luster skill at the moment and I'm hoping you guys improve it over the past course of beta.

* Raise Skeletons

This gem is actually a piece of shit like just straight up bad. The skeletons are too slow and don't really do any damage like their basically just cannon fodder, All they do is tank but without lets say spell totem linked to it it's basically a worthless gem. It's entire purpose in my progression was to be a distraction I guess and blow up however they have no health to even do damage via Minion instability making them even more worthless. I would improve this gem by a lot and work on it like right now it's probably the worst literally the most terrible summoner gem right now. What I propose to it in my opinion is that; Give it damage and a health boost and don't make them fucking slow, There like a fucking turtle.

Summoning two at a time is also pretty shitty in my opinion it should just spawn the whole flock like that would probably acceptable or lets say a constant spawn as an aura like example the skeleton shrine it should work like that personally.

* Flesh offering

This gem just needs a boost in duration without any links probably like lets say 5 seconds more granted it gets additional duration for every corpse consumed however I still find it dull other then that the gem is fine in terms of what it's meant to do.

* Desecrate

All this needs is a little bit more corpses personally other then that it's fine where it is.

* Detonate Dead

I personally think this skill is a piece of shit and needs improvement mainly on the damage but that's pretty much it, I'd rework it personally.

-----------------------

Spectre feedback: Act IV Mobs

Lantern Bro

Honestly hes probably too good like I'd probably tone him down just a little bit not to the point where hes useless but right now his damage is pretty fucking ridiculous like my god it's probably the most broken minion in the game right now.

------------------

General Act IV feedback

Voll Boss Fight

I'm actually impressed on how well this mini boss is and I give you guys kudos to it, All I would do it is lower it's damage output in normal in most cases but that's just me.

King Kaom

Honestly I'm in limbo here about this fight at it's current state, I personally think he has TOO many adds other then that hes also really slow which could use a bit improvement I suppose.

Darsario

Undertuned is all I'm going to say; Improve his damage by a lot.

------------------

That's all I can really give in terms of my feedback at the current moment and I do apologize from my Grammer as I know it's not the best.

Thanks ~
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 23, 2015, 2:17:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Darsario

Is that a new lore character?

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also leveling with SRS from my experience is pretty smooth once you get echo and melee splash.(in a +1 sceptre obviously)

Zombie's and spectre's just act like meat shields in this case. until you get there gem levels up etc.

I heard skeletons got there 50% damage penalty removed, which would make them actually pretty broken since they did fine pre-beta.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : also,
Spoiler
hiy I_NO *waves* hope your having fun :D
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 23, 2015, 2:26:12 PM
I'm enjoying it =x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 23, 2015, 2:27:22 PM
Nice, thanks for your feedback.
I wouldn't agree with you on DD, I think the only bad thing about DD is your going to RIP yourself one day. Also you kinda need to spec for it a bit.

Can you elaborate on the fights? Normal/Cruel/Merc Piety/DOM and all the new ones?
Like, how did the fight go playing as a summoner? Where you targeted a lot? Where the bosses getting body blocked? Did your Specters/Zombies survive, did you survive?

Did you use any mitigation? (Armour/EV/Auras/Leech)
Last edited by RootCookie on Apr 23, 2015, 2:37:30 PM
Lantern Bros? I need a video now lol.
I love pie.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
Lantern Bros? I need a video now lol.

https://youtu.be/oYrRY5pOMa0
Last edited by RootCookie on Apr 23, 2015, 2:41:24 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Darsario

someone missed kripp stream
He knew it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242499
Summoning Dan: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1250921
Mmmm yup. Sounds about right
"

* Raise Skeletons

This gem is actually a piece of shit like just straight up bad. The skeletons are too slow and don't really do any damage like their basically just cannon fodder, All they do is tank but without lets say spell totem linked to it it's basically a worthless gem. It's entire purpose in my progression was to be a distraction I guess and blow up however they have no health to even do damage via Minion instability making them even more worthless. I would improve this gem by a lot and work on it like right now it's probably the worst literally the most terrible summoner gem right now. What I propose to it in my opinion is that; Give it damage and a health boost and don't make them fucking slow, There like a fucking turtle.

Maybe, but I've gotten them to work on builds that split the difference between summoning and melee.

Mine went something like:
Flicker+Multistrike+Skellies+CastonCrit + ? + ?

Will continuously summon multistriking skeletons wherever you need them to be (read: wherever you are)

And a good time is had by all.
Last edited by theloveduck on Apr 23, 2015, 3:18:21 PM
"
"
Boem wrote:
"
Darsario

someone missed kripp stream

You call that missing something, lel.

:')

Peace,