Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

Is this the build that he's streaming right now? with the staff?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/261935

this is my experience with the build =D im not quite as rich as kripp
Greatness at any cost -Dark Confidant
"
Avitori wrote:
Where can I find a link to the gear Kripp is using? I want to see stuff like belt/rings/gloves/neck/helmet. He never shows it in his videos and I can't find it on here. Any help please?

For staff he is using Taryn's Shiver and for chest he is using Kaom's heart. Then the rest is just your average high level equipment with amazing mods. You can probably find it in some of his Twitch.tv videos, I remember last week I tuned into his stream he was talking and analyzing his Freeze Pulse build so it would probably be in there. I'll check them out to find it and post here
"
Aristeaus wrote:
"
Krippers wrote:

I think static blows is worth it, at least for its duration bonus -- and perhaps even the 2 talents that follow it.

At 375% crit multi I am able to shock most bosses in lower maps, and nearly all non boss mobs in higher maps. The dps difference between ALD and any other gem is significant by a large margin.

Taking it for duration seems wrong as well. Critical hits, especially at your multiplier, are going to have those shock stacks last quite a while, long enough to get a few casts, and at 30 some odd % crit chance, if you can cast 3 times or so under crit shock duration, then you have reached the perma shock duration breakpoint.

I have no doubt you can critical shock bosses. That is not my issue with the build. You aren't even going to be able to static blows shock the boss, or most yellows / blues, especially in a party.

"
Krippers wrote:

While the fast cast may be a good option, I just dont feel its the best option. It is close enough to ACD in terms of dps that you can use it if you like casting faster, but you will still be less effective versus reflect mobs with it -- and that is a pretty big deal.

That is blatantly inaccurate. You are more effective version reflect mobs. You do overall less damage per cast, allowing you more flexibility, in addition to the life leech effect being refreshed more often. Holding down Freezing Pulse vs Reflect is just bad play, and should not be a basis for why you don't like a certain support gem.

"
Krippers wrote:

Basically this is why ALD is the best support for this build for damage:

on hit:
20 or 30% chance to shock
Each of the 5 projectiles can trigger. If one of the first few hits triggers shock, the next lightning hit does 40% more damage, and its easier to shock. I would guess that non crits will shock most mobs 0-2 times each cast. Some dps increase.

on crit:
each of the projectiles applies shock, and the effect cascades.
first projectile crit + base shock
second projectile crit x1.4 + base shock x1.4
third projectile crit x1.8 + base shock x 1.8
fourth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2
fifth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2

That is not how it works. First of all, if you are able to shock it the first time, it wont be any easier to shock it the second time, the shock will only last longer, but that is the only effect.

I am confused on why you start to describe Static Blows, then go on to give me a description of critical hit process of Freezing Pulse.

In either case, each projectile does work individually, however they are not going to be calculated individually for the purposes of critical hits. The 5th Projectile does the same damage as the first.

Now, which way it works, I do not know. It could place the perceived shock stacks before damage is calculated, in which case all 5 would get the benefit of 3 shock stacks, and would explain your massive damage when you critically hit. Or it could place all 3 shock stacks after, and you get no benefit at all on the first cast. I am willing to be the former in this case.

But one thing is for sure... They did not code a skill that hits all 5 projectiles at the same time, but they each calculate individually in sequence. That would be a nightmare for big game companies to tackle, and while I respect the hell out of GGG, its extremely impractical for them to code this skill as such.

"
Krippers wrote:

The entire effect has increased effect in groups, where they can do more damage from your shock stacks, as well as others shocks allowing you to cascade yours more easily.

Again, shock stacks do not cascade other shock stacks. It does not make them easier, it only makes them last longer.

You aren't shocking anything with static blows in a group, Krip. You now have to do 2.5x the lightning damage as monster HP just to get the min shock duration.

Be quiet. Krippers is talking.
ign: Redrummm
Yeah, Kripp stopped using ALD. Not because he was wrong, because he was seriously close to one-shotting himself with 8.5k HP due to too much DPS. :)
Well, just got a Shiver and kaoms. At 7.6k HP and 1.4k DPS.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
There is something I don't get about added lighning..
I want to rely entirely on crits to get the shocks.
Now I looked into it and I found the formula of the shock duration and here it is:
276ms per 1% max life dealt as lightning
now if the effect lasts less than 300ms, it is being ignored.

I currenly have 4.2k life pool, which means I have to deal around 45 (give or take) lightning damage minimum to get the minimum duration for the shock effect.

Now if you use Koams Heart (which I do not capable of getting because I'm poor) you will run a 9-10k life pool, which means you have to deal more than 100 lightning damage.

The ALD support doesn't reach to those numbers!

how you people go around that? and just to clarify, I'm talking about crits only.
Last edited by golan4840 on Mar 20, 2013, 1:27:24 AM
^ I don't really understand how to shock either , using only ALD and the passives that increase chance, because this doesn't account for duration. I'll take a shot at it though

I think the 1% is the mob's life, not yours, btw. So if a mob has 10k life, you must deal 100 dmg to get a duration of 276ms.

At level 19 ALD is 93 damage at max (most people don't have it level 20), if you add up all elemental dmg nodes / spell dmg nodes / crit multiplier / crit nodes. and all of the same thing from gear, you can get very close to dealing 1k damage with a crit with JUST added lightning damage alone.

The thing I don't know is just how much life mobs actually have. But I think if you don't focus on cold damage, and stack crit multi and spell dmg you can easily shock white mobs .

I'm just not too sure about high health rares and boss mobs :)

Does anyone know average health pool of mobs in 70+ maps? I have NO idea.
IGN: Opburst

Last edited by Ryan1755 on Mar 20, 2013, 5:28:03 AM
Anyone know if Kripparian still uses ALD and static blows? If not can anyone confirm what he uses now instead?
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
He doesn't use ALD because the damage is too high and he might one-shot himself (with nearly 9k HP). He uses Added Chaos Damage because it doesn't reflect from Reflect Elemental mobs but it does add more to his Life Leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info