The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

"
monkuar wrote:

Bullshit. Look at the races or new leagues that start. Who will get to the top of the ladder first? People who have played in closed beta and have 3-4 months of game time over grunts like us who just started. That's the bottom line. It's a disgrace and a slap in face to all the loyal supporting players who are not rich to donate 1k + USD.

You are raging for nothing...you don't even do races according to your profile, so why do YOU care ?
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
They can't let everyone in at once. We'll all be in soon enough.

I honestly don't understand all the fake outrage going on. I very much doubt anyone is going to quit POE.
Posted by Chris
on April 13, 2015 12:43 AM
Grinding Gear Games

Are certain accounts more likely than others to get in? I've played PoE for 3000 hours.

All accounts have an equal chance of being selected. It's important that we get a mix of new players and veterans. Their feedback and data is equally useful.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1244645

This is why I'm pissed. I saw nothing in here about being a streamer, or spending 1k+.

So the terms of access is amended, big view streamer or 1k cash.

P.W.E. incoming.
"
monkuar wrote:
Dude. Do you even know how many more advantages people that play the beta will have as compared to people who are brand new to the expansion? A shit ton. That is the definition of pay to win. And I never knew GGG would ever, EVER do this kind of crap.

They are offering closed beta keys in exchange for money. And what to do those closed beta keys give? An advantage over all the other grunts like me who never GOT TO PLAY. Then, once the league's are released.. who will be on top and know everything first? The people who were in beta. It's sickening.

You already missed the point and speak like the others.
The beta's aim is for finding bugs and all of you keep thinking of early access and advantages.
It's not really fully released as you know, unselected user could have watch the streamers want to know more.

How are they "offering" closed beta keys in exchange for money?
The supporter pack sales is closed before this announcement.

If you want to get in so badly why dont you try think from the bright side?
High-tier supporter aint on the list for beta invite timer anymore, granting normal citizen or mid-tier supporter higher chance to get in.

joerocket10r is right.
"
Darkrox wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Bullshit. Look at the races or new leagues that start. Who will get to the top of the ladder first? People who have played in closed beta and have 3-4 months of game time over grunts like us who just started. That's the bottom line. It's a disgrace and a slap in face to all the loyal supporting players who are not rich to donate 1k + USD.

You are raging for nothing...you don't even do races according to your profile, so why do YOU care ?

Because I support and watch streamers who are new? I want the playerbase to have an equal level playing field when the expansion goes live? It doesn't have to be all about me, I'm really irrelevant.

What is relevant here is GGG's lack of compassion towards it's loyal playerbase that supports them but are not getting into beta because they don't have enough money. It's very irritating to say the least.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 2:49:53 AM
I find very elegant to have waited the end of supporter packs availability to announce this. Gratz !
"
hlq567 wrote:
Very nice :)

It's enjoyable to watch the streams.

Big supporters deserve it.

Looking forward to the divination cards.

And also thanks a lot for the fighting chance <3 <3

Pretty much this, well said.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Darkrox wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Don't want to be to rude.. But your personal opinion about how it was a good system doesn't change the fact it's still Pay to Win by definition.

Yeah i won a lot, i...no wait...i didn't win anything since this is a free game with no real competition whatsoever.

It shouldn't be like this. It goes against all of POE's core philosophy. The greed of money is what is happening here. And that is not good, irregardless of it's biblical context.

Seems like you are being greedy not giving them money, yet still playing their game. Also, even though I am getting into the beta in a few days now (thanks ggg), I will not be getting to the top of any ladders. Not to mention, all the tools and info on the game will likely be in wiki by the time 2.0 officially comes out. Also, not to mention, all the items will likely be wiped. If you want to get to the top of the league, take the time to read up on the new mechanics. Its all just numbers anyways.
"
bluearmy wrote:
this games really goes to pay 2 win. R.I.P path of exile.

Yes, its pay to win. I pay so you can have a chance to win.
"
Valhurien wrote:
Posted by Chris
on April 13, 2015 12:43 AM
Grinding Gear Games

Are certain accounts more likely than others to get in? I've played PoE for 3000 hours.

All accounts have an equal chance of being selected. It's important that we get a mix of new players and veterans. Their feedback and data is equally useful.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1244645

This is why I'm pissed. I saw nothing in here about being a streamer, or spending 1k+.

So the terms of access is amended, big view streamer or 1k cash.

P.W.E. incoming.

Money talks, can change the rules
"Sorry for my bad English"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info