The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

"
"
monkuar wrote:
"
jacky5047 wrote:
I dont get why people treat it as early access like "y u no gimme taste act4?!"
And it's not even fully released.

Isnt this beta made for finding bugs and problems?

Dude. Do you even know how many more advantages people that play the beta will have as compared to people who are brand new to the expansion? A shit ton. That is the definition of pay to win. And I never knew GGG would ever, EVER do this kind of crap.

defintion of pay to win? so the poe closed beta back in the days was pay to win because 10$ access? really. dude. omg

Definition of Pay 2 Win: Gain a significant amount of advantage towards other players by using real money.

That's what they're doing. They are offering beta keys (these users will beable to be ahead of the game and have several months of playtime over the grunts like me and others), in exchange for money. That is by definition at its purest form: Pay 2 Win. Which goes against their philosophy and mine. It's not fair and I hope they snap out of this. It's a slap in the face for legit players who have been here for 4 + years and support them.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 2:42:09 AM
"
monkuar wrote:

And how is that an argument? There are no wipes in open beta... so essentially it's live and they will be far ahead..

My understanding is that everything from beta (closed and open) will be wiped before official release of 2.0.
"
twintales wrote:
aw...

Solo league event, huh?... I hope the condition for getting the key would not be so harsh for a non racer like myself.

same for me
"
joerocket10r wrote:
wtf is wrong with people. i hold little hope for humanity based on how people are reacting to the beta key handouts.
some of my opinions in points below..

1. Read all the posts from Chris, they explain how they are going to handle the closed beta and why they are limiting numbers in the early stages.

2. So do you really want to play and give feed back or do you just want to play because you feel you should have the right to do so from all the moneys you gave to ggg. Stop QQ, if it bothers you that much find another game to play until you get a invite or open beta starts. i trust you wont find any other arpg's that come close to what ggg are doing with poe so be thankful all the guys/gals are working hard to make the end result as awesome as it can be.

4. i spent approx $600+ from the start of open in 2012 to now but i dont feel that gives me the right to demand a beta key like so many muppets here. You do understand that you were/have/are supporting ggg and this is what make the game the best it can be.

5. seriously stop crying

Spoiler
6. no seriously

Spoiler
7. if you weren't raging (or still QQ) you would have noticed i missed point 3

The thing I fucking love about this is people spent money to get points to buy mtx and I'm assuming they did buy some with it. Then they think that because they spent money they deserve beta access as if they got nothing already for the money they spent.
"
monkuar wrote:

They are offering closed beta keys in exchange for money. And what to do those closed beta keys give? An advantage over all the other grunts like me who never GOT TO PLAY. Then, once the league's are released.. who will be on top and know everything first? The people who were in beta. It's sickening.

Just so you know: The 1st closed beta was also buy-in and i see no problem with that system, since people who pay to play a buged game, show real interest in the project, unlike those 0 post accounts who got invited in tons.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Apr 23, 2015, 2:43:54 AM
"
People with those supporter titles should earn a bit more respect by some of you.

They are the reason why this game is free to play and why most of you haven't spent a single cent to be able to play this fantastic game.

+1
Diablo 3 is tutorial for PoE.
10/10
"
Darkrox wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

They are offering closed beta keys in exchange for money. And what to do those closed beta keys give? An advantage over all the other grunts like me who never GOT TO PLAY. Then, once the league's are released.. who will be on top and know everything first? The people who were in beta. It's sickening.

Just so you know: The 1st closed beta was also buy-in and i see no problem with that system, since people who pay to play a bugged game, show real interest in the project, unlike thos 0 post accounts who got invited in tons.

Don't want to be to rude.. But your personal opinion about how it was a good system doesn't change the fact it's still Pay to Win by definition.

It's unfair and a slap in the face to all their loyal players who don't have money to give them. We are all not rich in real life they should know and understand that.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 2:45:03 AM
"
monkuar wrote:

Don't want to be to rude.. But your personal opinion about how it was a good system doesn't change the fact it's still Pay to Win by definition.

Yeah i won a lot, i...no wait...i didn't win anything since this is a free game with no real competition whatsoever.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Very nice :)

It's enjoyable to watch the streams.

Big supporters deserve it.

Looking forward to the divination cards.

And also thanks a lot for the fighting chance <3 <3
"
Darkrox wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Yeah i won a lot, i...no wait...i didn't win anything since this is a free game with no real competition whatsoever.

Bullshit. Look at the races or new leagues that start. Who will get to the top of the ladder first? People who have played in closed beta and have 3-4 months of game time over grunts like us who just started. That's the bottom line. It's a disgrace and a slap in face to all the loyal supporting players who are not rich to donate 1k + USD.

It shouldn't be like this. It goes against all of POE's core philosophy. The greed of money is what is happening here. And that is not good, irregardless of it's biblical context.
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 2:47:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info