The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

don't mind me I'm just sitting over here whelping hardcore characters in act 3 normal....or I went back to playing Eve Online.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Valhurien wrote:
New players will NOT know how this game ran before coming into the Pre-awakening environment. So how can you possibly procure constructive feedback.

Getting new players into the beta is valuable because when The Awakening, with all its new content and balance changes is released that's what new (and returning) players are going to experience.

If we only design from the perspective of experienced players, then we run the risk of making the game impenetrable to new ones.

So yeah we won't get the same feedback as we get from experienced players, but it's no less important.

Yes, but Valhurien is still making a point: They won't give any comparative feedback

I'm still new in the discipline of game design (my project is 6 month old, barely), and maybe you dear Balance Bearer (^.^) have some kind of methodology that include a certain order of tasks, but I can't see any reason why letting early supporters or early players would hurt this process.

Middle to confirmed players feedback is indubitably richer.
pay to play good job GGG many ppl will leave for this shit .
looool, a prime example that if you whine enough you'll get through to GGG. Atleast if you given them money.

*cough Charan cough*

OnT. Divination cards, charms? :D
Last edited by Maxwells on Apr 23, 2015, 2:29:22 AM
First Post - Looking at all rage and go back to being silent again. But now I made a post and arent postless ;)
"
Valhurien wrote:

What about the other people that have supported this game? Did they not contribute enough?

No, more money, more, more ....
"Sorry for my bad English"
I dont get why people treat it as early access like "y u no gimme taste act4?!"
And it's not even fully released.

Isnt this beta made for finding bugs and problems?
"
JoannirLeoth wrote:

Yes, but Valhurien is still making a point: They won't give any comparative feedback

I'm still new in the discipline of game design (my project is 6 month old, barely), and maybe you dear Balance Bearer (^.^) have some kind of methodology that include a certain order of tasks, but I can't see any reason why letting early supporters or early players would hurt this process.

Middle to confirmed players feedback is indubitably richer.

I wish you well on your project!

I have not developed a game, but I have worked in software development for about 20 years. It is possible to collect metrics that provide information without a user actually writing out feedback. New players ARE key to a good beta test.
wtf is wrong with people. i hold little hope for humanity based on how people are reacting to the beta key handouts.
some of my opinions in points below..

1. Read all the posts from Chris, they explain how they are going to handle the closed beta and why they are limiting numbers in the early stages.

2. So do you really want to play and give feed back or do you just want to play because you feel you should have the right to do so from all the moneys you gave to ggg. Stop QQ, if it bothers you that much find another game to play until you get a invite or open beta starts. i trust you wont find any other arpg's that come close to what ggg are doing with poe so be thankful all the guys/gals are working hard to make the end result as awesome as it can be.

4. i spent approx $600+ from the start of open in 2012 to now but i dont feel that gives me the right to demand a beta key like so many muppets here. You do understand that you were/have/are supporting ggg and this is what make the game the best it can be.

5. seriously stop crying

Spoiler
6. no seriously

Spoiler
7. if you weren't raging (or still QQ) you would have noticed i missed point 3
Last edited by joerocket10r on Apr 23, 2015, 2:33:16 AM
Jesus Christ.
How is it unfair that someone who literally spent a thousand dollars on a free game gets to test the beta?
Such salt..
All these poor people spending between 0 and 10 dollars pretending like their contribution was the same as the guy who paid a grand.
It's not that crazy they get a key as a way of saying 'yo thanks for giving us a thousand fucking dollars even though you were under no obligation to do so, especially considering the game was still in beta then.''

TLDR: Stop being poor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info