The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

"
shadow1984 wrote:
How about people who spend fiew houndred $ in GGG shop but they just did'nt upgrade to supporters packs????

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
Serleth wrote:
There's a very key point that everyone in this thread moaning on about pay-to-play etc. is missing.

Absolutely nobody knew that the T1 supporters would be getting keys for their contributions.

Not even the T1 supporters.

This has nothing to do with a P2W advantage, and everything to do with GGG giving a nod of appreciation back to the people who put half a month's salary toward making Act 4 even possible.

Without the T1 contributors, particularly early on in this game's existance, do you think PoE would even still be around? Highly unlikely.

AFAIC, give them keys. I get to continue to enjoy this game because wealthier folk than I could care less about throwing $1,000 across the world. They deserve a little something in return for keeping Wraeclast alive.

+1
"
monkuar wrote:

Because I support and watch streamers who are new? I want the playerbase to have an equal level playing field when the expansion goes live? It doesn't have to be all about me, I'm really irrelevant.

Ok let's get serious for a moment:
A "new" player has absolutley no chance to compete in this game even if veterans start into a new league without knowledge of the content - and this is a fact.

Nevertheless i do agree on that the "system" of beta invites as it is right now, is just stupid, intransparent and unfair.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
monkuar wrote:
Definition of Pay 2 Win: Gain a significant amount of advantage towards other players by using real money.
That's what they're doing. They are offering beta keys (these users will beable to be ahead of the game and have several months of playtime over the grunts like me and others), in exchange for money. That is by definition at its purest form: Pay 2 Win.

some arguments:
  • ggg did it before: in closed beta keys were sold for little money so they broke none of their own rules now.
  • if it's something than its "play2test". the game is pretty unstable, hangs and some of the new areas you can go obviously aren't finished. sometimes really not fun to play.
  • after letting a lot of players in who obviously just want to play to see the new content (all they do is hodor the general chat, pushing real testers into other channels or guild chats), closed beta urgently needs more dedicated testers who think in terms of the health of the game, not on how to get the most out of it for them and their builds.
  • it's a nice thank you for the supporters who gave the game a sign of trust in times ggg desperately needed it to stay independent of publishers who would have shaped the game into a more uncertain form and future if involved
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The longer I see ppl reaction / rage over CB, the more I realize how big the negativity is dwelling in ppl minds. It's amazing looking from my point of view, who don't care about racing nor competition.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
jacky5047 wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
Dude. Do you even know how many more advantages people that play the beta will have as compared to people who are brand new to the expansion? A shit ton. That is the definition of pay to win. And I never knew GGG would ever, EVER do this kind of crap.

They are offering closed beta keys in exchange for money. And what to do those closed beta keys give? An advantage over all the other grunts like me who never GOT TO PLAY. Then, once the league's are released.. who will be on top and know everything first? The people who were in beta. It's sickening.

You already missed the point and speak like the others.
The beta's aim is for finding bugs and all of you keep thinking of early access and advantages.
It's not really fully released as you know, unselected user could have watch the streamers want to know more.

How are they "offering" closed beta keys in exchange for money?
The supporter pack sales is closed before this announcement.

If you want to get in so badly why dont you try think from the bright side?
High-tier supporter aint on the list for beta invite timer anymore, granting normal citizen or mid-tier supporter higher chance to get in.

joerocket10r is right.

I'm sorry but did you not read the first post of this thread?

"
We will give Closed Beta access to top-tier supporters from previous sets of Supporter Packs:
Diamond Supporters (Closed Beta) were granted access today
Ruler/Eternal Supporters (Open Beta) will be granted access tomorrow
Conqueror Supporters (Release) will be granted access the next day
Grandmaster Supporters (Forsaken Masters) will be granted access the day after

You didnt get my point.
"Grandmaster supporter pack comes with act4 closed beta key..." This is offering.
If they want, they can continue the sales of supporter packs and announce this, but they didnt.

And like others said, there would be an open beta for everyone get to know the new contents,
cb are meant for finding bugs and problems.
"
twintales wrote:
The longer I see ppl reaction / rage over CB, the more I realize how big the negativity is dwelling in ppl minds. It's amazing looking from my point of view, who don't care about racing nor competition.

We can't stop here, this is bat country!
"Death -- an out modded concept; we sleep and we change."
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
There's a very key point that everyone in this thread moaning on about pay-to-play etc. is missing.

Absolutely nobody knew that the T1 supporters would be getting keys for their contributions.

This has nothing to do with a P2W advantage, and everything to do with GGG giving a nod of appreciation back to the people who put half a month's salary toward making Act 4 even possible.

Without the T1 contributors, particularly early on in this game's existance, do you think PoE would even still be around? Highly unlikely.

AFAIC, give them keys. I get to continue to enjoy this game because wealthier folk than I could care less about throwing $1,000 across the world. They deserve a little something in return for keeping Wraeclast alive.

+1

and now 10 players don't need to pay 100$ for game. go play diablo 3 50$game 50$ dlc GG
You're right, thanks for pointing that out to me.

Posted by Chris
on April 19, 2015 8:32 PM
Grinding Gear Games

Until you're selected by the timer, there should be plenty of streams of the new content to watch. None of the information is under NDA, so it's fine for testers to tell you about their experiences.

I didn't see any Streamer bonuses (in reference to additional keys) mentioned or 1k cash mentioned there either...must be really tiny print in between the lines.

Last edited by Valhurien on Apr 23, 2015, 3:07:29 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

Huh? This is actually a distortion of the objective definition of Pay 2 Win.... As I said earlier, just because of your own reasoning behind this idea that you think is good, doesn't change the fact or definition of P2W.

Let me explain it again and for one last time.

Pay 2 Win = Using real life money as an advantage over regular, non paying users.

Closed beta keys are now given out to certain supporter packs. These players will now have an advantage (for however long the beta lasts) over regular players. Until mid June I believe, right? That is a slap in the face to all the loyal POE players, and to the current supporting players who have donated hundreds of dollars but never bought a pack. Hell, they probably donated more many total than a pack and still haven't received the beta key.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 3:01:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info