Community News: New Forum Management

is anyone else scared?
I dont see any any key!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I agree that healthy debate and disagreement should be allowed. However, I feel as though these kinds of conversations should be held without ostracizing the person who is in disagreement with you and done in a way that is constructive - by which I mean, is not purely a way of venting emotionally and always seeks to define or resolve a problem.

What do you think? :)

Crush the cockroaches beneath the might of your iron fist. Do not let them escape!

Just go light on the banning.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Me thinks you have to use your intuition alongside the rules. You have to sense if things are getting out of hand and deal with it accordingly in most cases, while in other cases there are rules which should simply not be broken, such racism or religious discrimination etc.

Some things have to burn out on their own, and some people have to battle it out to resolve things, then i think moderation should be there to prevent things from getting out of hand. I reckon the goal is for people to feel free to express themselves, while at the same time externally-destructive behavior is not accepted.

That sounds pretty reasonable. I like the idea of people being free to express themselves as long as it doesn't ostracize other people, and in return not be ostracized for their expression.

Intuition is a great thing, and I agree it should be followed. The tricky part here is that you have a large team of people working at different times, who will naturally have different intuitions. Finding a way to implement this while keeping the whole team consistent with one another can get a little tricky.
I like it here, better than Reddit that's for sure.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
FadeXF wrote:
I'm hopeful to see some changes. The issue that I have is that there are far too many "line walkers" that have sussed out, or somehow manage to be so trite and condescending - completely invalidating someone's point with subtle but poignant retorts... respond to those? You suffer probation. Report those posts? Nadda. Oh - sorry, so some of the time their posts get deleted.

It's my aim to make the guidelines have a very clear 'This is over the line, and this isn't.' type deal. However, this is a lot trickier than it sounds. I'm still working on it, but I think having little to no grey area could be a really good thing.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Me thinks you have to use your intuition alongside the rules. You have to sense if things are getting out of hand and deal with it accordingly in most cases, while in other cases there are rules which should simply not be broken, such racism or religious discrimination etc.

Some things have to burn out on their own, and some people have to battle it out to resolve things, then i think moderation should be there to prevent things from getting out of hand. I reckon the goal is for people to feel free to express themselves, while at the same time externally-destructive behavior is not accepted.

That sounds pretty reasonable. I like the idea of people being free to express themselves as long as it doesn't ostracize other people, and in return not be ostracized for their expression.

Intuition is a great thing, and I agree it should be followed. The tricky part here is that you have a large team of people working at different times, who will naturally have different intuitions. Finding a way to implement this while keeping the whole team consistent with one another can get a little tricky.

be merciful high overlord

put freedom ahead of order

A forum that's a "police state" is of no use to anyone

In Bex we trust
I dont see any any key!
"
FadeXF wrote:
I'm hopeful to see some changes. The issue that I have is that there are far too many "line walkers" that have sussed out, or somehow manage to be so trite and condescending - completely invalidating someone's point with subtle but poignant retorts... respond to those? You suffer probation. Report those posts? Nadda. Oh - sorry, so some of the time their posts get deleted.

Last week someone called me directly a "f*cker" - literally and figuratively. Reported the post. 6 hours later? Still there. Send a PM to a mod? "Oh, we didn't see the post that way - we read it differently" - they delete the post. But seriously?

I feel like some people have these targets on their head because they are vocal about certain issues... and it almost feels like GGG uses posters to do their damage for them. It's "ok" for other people to break the forum guidelines, and antagonize - troll - flame "in the name of GGG" - whatever way you want to put that. However the very milisecond one retorts using THE EXACT SAME LANGUAGE that was "ok" by GGG standards for 6 hours... Oh - sorry guess what? 30 day probation.

This isn't right.

As long as EVERYONE is held to the EXACT SAME STANDARDS of posting I will be a happy poster. I will continue to provide my feedback - like it or not - tough love is still love... and sometimes while I may present some points that aren't well loved, I think it's still very important to be allowed to provide that feedback.

You can't apply the same standards to people who have never been on probation before and people who have been on probation several times. So yes those 'targets on head' are there for a reason. It's why someone who has been caught stealing five times in the past gets a way higher sentence than someone who was stealing for the first time.

Also me dodging the ban hammer:

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 23, 2015, 12:18:15 AM
Can you please consider my 2 recomandations :P

"
1) First one is not about the forum itself but more about its moderation
It would be really nice , when a moderator deletes/edits a reply/thread, if he/she add, in the message sent to warn you, a copy paste of what you said that motivated the action taken. This would greatly help people to know what are the limits and for people that post a lot, to know what they said...

2) Quote/Reply tracker

It would be nice to add to the forum the option to see when somebody Quotes you.

something like another color (lets say purple) to indicate that X thread has somebody quoted you recently. Since most people quote other to show they are repying to them.
Color code or just www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-0000/filter-quote/me
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Can you please consider my 2 recomandations :P

"
1) First one is not about the forum itself but more about its moderation
It would be really nice , when a moderator deletes/edits a reply/thread, if he/she add, in the message sent to warn you, a copy paste of what you said that motivated the action taken. This would greatly help people to know what are the limits and for people that post a lot, to know what they said...

2) Quote/Reply tracker

It would be nice to add to the forum the option to see when somebody Quotes you.

something like another color (lets say purple) to indicate that X thread has somebody quoted you recently. Since most people quote other to show they are repying to them.
Color code or just www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-0000/filter-quote/me

both good suggestions
I dont see any any key!
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

You can't apply the same standards to people who have never been on probation before and people who have been on probation several times. So yes those 'targets on head' are there for a reason. It's why someone who has been caught stealing five times in the past gets a way higher sentence than someone who was stealing for the first time.

Also me dodging the ban hammer:

I still have no clue at all seeing some dude type "this f*cker" as a direct attack at me specifically walk away with absolutely nothing.

Like - sorry but... that bothers me. Probation of not in the past just simply shouldn't even come into question on that.

Coincidentally this happened in a thread with me asking about the stance of the community - if they felt that the management of the BETA invites will have any impact or not to the amount of money that people intend to support with in the future... sure: a hot topic item, and maybe not something that favors GGG - and maybe that's why it was "ok" for someone to call me a f*cker and completely gouge the rules... the thing is: had I reacted in kind, calling the guy names that were right on the edge of my tongue - I GUARANTEE YOU THIS: probation for 30 days. GUARANTEED. And buddy would walk off with a warning.

That - is - not - right - I don't care how you want to Xav-coat it. Play devil's advocate all damn year long with that one... it's not ok.

I really think it's okay though. If I call you a fucker I'll get probated. If someone new calls you a fucker he'll get a warning. I guess I'm repeating myself but yeah :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info