Curiosity Poll: Lot of people claim " if it wasnt of Kripparrian, PoE would still be unknown"

I was crying on the D3 forums one day and noticed someone mentioned POE...never looked back.
The epic failure of D3, and some recommendations for non-shit ARPGs on the Blizzard forums, put both PoE and Grim Dawn on the radar for me.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
The epic failure of D3, and some recommendations for non-shit ARPGs on the Blizzard forums, put both PoE and Grim Dawn on the radar for me.

D3 has infinitely more players than POE. It never was and never will be a failure. It's just a different more casual game..

On topic: I started playing POE because of Krip. Poll threads are usually useless and misleading but this one, completely by chance of course, seems like it gave the correct results..
Many old players like me discovered POE through Krip. His advertisement was one of the greatest things that happened to this game..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
rob16437 wrote:
I gave krip a chance and tried to watch his streams. I watched a few D3 streams when it first came out and also some Poe stuff but I heard about Poe through the Lod forums a few years back. Imo, Krip is a bit boring and overrated but respected among top gamers none the less. He gets most of his top end gear through in-game donations from fellow players. His number of followers is ridiculous but he must be doing something right to make sort of a living streaming video games.. For many, its a dream job. I prefer consistent income that I can count on every Friday though.

Pretty much all of this is bullshit, kripp never takes handouts from players.
Nothing to see here.
"
Ivanovichy wrote:
I discovered PoE through Kripp, and for that, I'm thankful. I don't watch him anymore, but I still play PoE.

THIS!

He now is everything he loathed including sub-fist-numbs and marketing like crazy...oh and hes playing fag-stone so he pretty much lost his way...
Exiled for Eternity
WHo???

well: let me just add, that the "lot of people" from the topic statement are completely wrong

why on earth would such a gem like PoE be unknown (!!!) without Kripp?
Last edited by Speedjunkie on Apr 23, 2015, 9:41:11 AM
"
smartybarty wrote:

THIS!

He now is everything he loathed including sub-fist-numbs and marketing like crazy...oh and hes playing fag-stone so he pretty much lost his way...

So which other top streamers market less than Kripp does?

And given that people get wiser with age, isn't it more likely that Kripp matured and has a more rational world view nowadays?

Heck today he even pointed out that he doesn't want to do 100 dollar bets when playing games because he doesn't want to hustle (that's why he did 1 dollar bets only). That speaks of high moral character.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Apr 23, 2015, 9:56:33 AM
I wouldn't have heard or played POE if it werent for Kripp.

All praise goes the exalted and almighty wizard of POE, Amen.
"
mazul wrote:
"
smartybarty wrote:

THIS!

So which other top streamers market less than Kripp does?

And given that people get wiser with age, isn't it more likely that Kripp matured and has a more rational world view nowadays?

Heck today he even pointed out that he doesn't want to do 100 dollar bets when playing games because he doesn't want to hustle (that's why he did 1 dollar bets only). That speaks of high moral character.

True but not for a person that claimed he despises those ways of life and claimed he would never be like that.
In general its "normal" behavior for a streamer, no problem with that at all...just not with kripp doing it...

Lost a childhood hero...
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Apr 23, 2015, 10:05:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info