Curiosity Poll: Lot of people claim " if it wasnt of Kripparrian, PoE would still be unknown"

Tbh it would have been as unknown as grim dawn is right now if he hadnt played it so long. Of course hes played grim dawn but he played poe for so god damn long and got so many viewers for it. Of course he helped it become noticed.
IGN : Moogleinabox
Old skool d2 players just have to love PoE, never heard of kripparian and im owning the game.

I dont have a facebook account, I dont have snapchat or twitch account for that matter either.

I started with ARPG's back in 1999, so I dont need to watch someone else noobing around in a game when I know that im intelligent enough to figure everything myself.

play the game, or play another game. No need to look at other people playing, can't see how that can be fun at all.

Advertisement lol... L2p plz
Last edited by prilletime on Apr 23, 2015, 3:02:03 PM
I think you'll find a disproportionately large amount of people who were influenced by Kripp on an internet forum simply because the vast majority of players don't spend time on twitchtv or on internet forums. Look at the CB selecting process and how many people have 0-100 posts. Even though the current poll shows that twice as many players didn't play this game because of Kripp, it's probably more like 10x at least. The simply fact of the matter is, there's no where near as many people out there who watched kripp stream PoE as there are people who signed up for PoE. His viewer counts on twitch and youtube were around 2k-30k people. And of those people, a percentage of them began playing before Kripp.

As an anecdote, this game was quite well known prior to Kripp ever even touching it. Every time a Diablo 2 discussion would come up on just about any internet discussion in existence, PoE would inevitably get mentioned, with links to the promo video. And, the simple fact is, Kripp hasn't really played PoE in quite some time. Probably a good million players who signed up through Steam found out about it through Steam. I'd hazard a guess that as few as 100k players out of at least 7 million were because of Kripp. A pretty small figure in the grand scheme of things and going forward, that number will only dwindle.
A friend of mine that I played D2 with back in the days told me about PoE before closed beta started. But I also watched Kripp play a lot while I was also playing myself. I also remember watching TB's video.

So for me the vote is no, Kripp didnt show me the game, but I certainly learned a lot by watching him.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
Cryptkeep3r wrote:
Don't know what kripparaian is. Is it a gaming site or something?

+1 :) guess my vote is he had no impact on me playing.
"If it wasnt of Kripparrian, PoE would still be unknown."

I can say that this statement is false...

Even tho' I like the head bob master, why does this topic exist? I know it's the new age with watching other player play games online, but even to plenty of regular gamers, the concept of watching a streamer is still quite alien. Gamers probably have the most varied and changeable habits. I remember being a regular poster on GameFaqs. Holy shit, not anymore. This is like shades of the good old days where prominent players would be quite influential in a game where you could just name a player to someone and most of the time people would know who you are talking about. These days because there are so many players and streamers of various quality/skill, not so much. If it wasn't for PoE I would never have heard of Kripparian. I might have heard of him from Hearthstone, but that would be pretty slim chance because of the number of players and streamers and that's what I'm getting at. People watch who they like and sometimes watch whoever has the highest numbers on Twitch but I never go for that because I don't browse Twitch enough and rather watch Awesome Games Done Quick or other charity event or rarely and official game promotion channel.

That's like totally my opinion and how I see it, but knowing about this game since 2010 used to talk about it on GameFaqs, knowing so many players just stopped playing the game dead, if they got a sniff that desync was being heavily remedied they would come back in a heartbeat. I'm just persistent.
"
YellowMage wrote:
knowing so many players just stopped playing the game dead, if they got a sniff that desync was being heavily remedied they would come back in a heartbeat.

Indeed. This is a huge deal. If they were smart, they'd be advertising "The Lockstepping", then let people find out about the other nifty content they're adding. Should be forefront in their campaign.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Don't think its really possible to have any idea how big or small the game would be if kripp never played. I do think though that no individual player comes remotely close to doing as much for the game as kripp did.
"
Magnicon wrote:
Don't think its really possible to have any idea how big or small the game would be if kripp never played. I do think though that no individual player comes remotely close to doing as much for the game as kripp did.

BS. Jay Wilson did more for the game than any streamer could ever hope to.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Magnicon wrote:

BS. Jay Wilson did more for the game than any streamer could ever hope to.

Because he screwed up D3 so much? The game that Kripp got big in streaming playing? So when D3 stream watching community saw the big D3 streamer playing PoE...??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info