State of Legacies for the upcoming 2.0 patch...

"
CommodoX wrote:
Name 40 builds that don't require legacy items, are capable of running solo till lvl 75 with most map mods, don't use totally flawed skillgems like Cleave or Sweep that have a superior replacement (Cyclone, SS, Molten Strike) and you get an Exalt from me.

How about all of them? Else how people play to 90+ in temp leagues?

Funny how some think that wiping Std would solve anything. Legacy items are not a product of "technical impossibilities", but are created by design. There will be more and more legacies each patch, until PoE exists.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Standard is for players who just play the game on chill mood to just have fun and maybe learn the game better. The node tree is huge i play for about 2 years and i now starting to get into the mean of melee builds and how to choose more wise nodes. Legacies may be overpowered but they will never beat loath bane and other mirrored items.
If it was a pvp baded game i would agree on nerf but it is a pve game the items of one player dont affect the others.
"
CommodoX wrote:
Name 40 builds that don't require legacy items, are capable of running solo till lvl 75 with most map mods, don't use totally flawed skillgems like Cleave or Sweep that have a superior replacement (Cyclone, SS, Molten Strike) and you get an Exalt from me.

As was already pointed out pretty much any skill can be made to work. Not all are terribly vible though.

Considering how temporary leagues don't have legacy items (except some race rewards) thousands of people still managed to hit high 80s at least.

Searing bonds/fire trap/flameblast/ or any combo of those. Multiple types of trapped spells (flame surge/cold snap) in combination with other traps. Ice nova/Incinerate/Freezing pulse/ek/fire ball/spark/ice spear builds some can go crit or non crit or even trap or mine their spells (fire ball). As you pointed out cyclone/static strike/molten strike, in addition to double strike or dual strike/splash. Sweep works with crit staffs too - pillar of the caged god or hegy's era. Spectral throw/reave work as well. Multiple types of bow builds - ts/burning arrow/split/lightning arrow/- crit and non crit versions and phys and ele based versions or ele conversion even. More trapped skills like poison arrow and burning arrow. Self cast poison arrow.
Summoners- srs/zombies/specters of many types of combos. Shockwave totems/flame totems - crit and non crit versions.

Then you take the melee builds and get dual claw or other dual wield variations/ 1h and shield by chaning the 1h etc etc or even 2h.

Pretty sure thats way more than 40 builds right there that can clear 75 maps without a single legacy item.

Do I get my exalt now? (preferably on hc too ☺)

Spoiler
ill take standard as well
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Summoners. Give me 1/40 exaults.

Rounded is that a whetstone, sure thing.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
andkamen wrote:
Pretty sure thats way more than 40 builds right there that can clear 75 maps without a single legacy item.

Nanana, you have to make a list and name every build ...
Also, Tornado Shot >>>>> every other bow skill, no inferior builds.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on May 7, 2015, 10:43:03 AM
You can play nearly every build without legacy gear and make it to the endgame - otherwise how should temp leagues get their lvl 100 chars every race?

"
lolozori wrote:
There was mention of changes on unique items from some of the Dev for the 2.0 patch.

Could we assume there will be a lot of legacy again flooding standard or is there a new technology about it that will change how legacy are made in-game?

Could we see the legacies from pre-2.0 changed too?

Is it possible that all those "WTB unique items 20-100ex" flourishing on standard league are a result of people knowing that more legacies will be created?

just because they are legacy doesn't mean they are bis , there are a few uniques that are buffed and you could argue that they are better than legacy...
top kek
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:

Nanana, you have to make a list and name every build ...
Also, Tornado Shot >>>>> every other bow skill, no inferior builds.

so just because you consider tornado shot better then suddenly there are no other bow builds that are viable?

how did you come to that conclusion by having a handful of not even map ready characters?

I wouldn't take your exalt even if you had it because thats probably the most valuable item you have but ive listed definitely more than 40 builds. No idea what you mean name the build. Not every build has a "name" like fakener.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/939365/page/2/#p9446477

here's a list of nice builds though. Legacy items are just a luxury and in very few occasions are they at all needed to make a viable build.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info