State of Legacies for the upcoming 2.0 patch...

While I dont mind letting dumpster league rot but I really dont think it's a good idea turning millions and millions of items into legacy overnight. And since dumpster league is the immediate gateway to most newbie players (as new players coming to game) and they are going to be overwhelmed instantly if they ever want to trade. Makes PoE look really really terrible, chaotic and careless in the items they create and balance they tilt...

And to a new players who doesn't want to bother learning the stats difference and value differences on a uber legacy mjolner vs a triple legacy mjolner vs a double legacy mjolner vs a legacy mjolner vs non-legacy mjolner... just for example... yea looks pretty bad for PoE and for GGG.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
standard is not the default suggested league. Its w/e the current temp league is when there is one.

Just let standard be. If you wipe it and start all over then you are just pushing the same problems for later as items will continue to be changed and to become legacy.

I see no problems with certain items being rare and no longer dropping. There are hundreds of builds that work just fine without them or with the new values.

Plus think of all the alt art items. You can't just delete that stuff. A lot of my friends play perma HC where the legacy situation is not nearly as bad as standard due to most items being in remove only tabs and forgotten. I don't want that league wiped.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
I see no problems with certain items being rare and no longer dropping. There are hundreds of builds that work just fine without them or with the new values.

Name 40 builds that don't require legacy items, are capable of running solo till lvl 75 with most map mods, don't use totally flawed skillgems like Cleave or Sweep that have a superior replacement (Cyclone, SS, Molten Strike) and you get an Exalt from me.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:

Name 40 builds that don't require legacy items, are capable of running solo till lvl 75 with most map mods, don't use totally flawed skillgems like Cleave or Sweep that have a superior replacement (Cyclone, SS, Molten Strike) and you get an Exalt from me.

Summoners. Give me 1/40 exaults.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on May 6, 2015, 9:33:43 PM
"
iMbaQ wrote:
Would have been good if in the expansion legacies no longer existed. They exist due to technical problems and not due to design. Desync fix together with legacy removal would have been nice.

I don't play perm leagues so it doesn't affect me (infact I probably have a ton of legacies in my STD stash) but would be nice to remove the gear class divide between the rich/fortunate and new/poor.

Wrong. Chris said way back they like the idea of having some OP legacy items floating around. I agree with him.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
lol at all the standard haters

BTW most noobs are directed to the temp leagues
BTW most stuff is waaayyyyy cheaper in standard than in the temp leagues

If you don't play standard, keep your opinions to yourself. you're wrong on most stuff anyways
"
Xaxarius wrote:

BTW most noobs are directed to the temp leagues

If you don't play standard, keep your opinions to yourself. you're wrong on most stuff anyways

Do you even play standard?
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I was gone for almost 1/2 year and comes back in fort seasonally, and I wonder what happened to those good item rolls, like I used to see high stat items a lot, but now no matter how many times I roll an item I only get like 30-40s spell damage in wands(in example). the 80s-100s are those gone for good?

and Yes, new players are automatically transferred to temp league when they create new toon for the first time, standard is pretty much the end of the road for rips, end of league season and players who are just don't want to refarm items. Inflation is a little high also.
Last edited by rambo3210123 on May 6, 2015, 11:57:20 PM
lol when ppl support or even suggest a full wipe/legacy wipe on standart

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
Every complaint about legacy items is about the saddest thing iv ever had to read about this game, you didnt buy X in that league because you didnt need it, for the love of god get off the forums and play candycrush instead now you want to make a build -Using- said item.

plz for us all.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info