State of Legacies for the upcoming 2.0 patch...

They haven't explained why they chose 2.0 instead of 1.4. That usually means something more than a patch with an expansion. I fully expect that we're going to have to download a whole new game. Who knows... they might even make the 'permanent' leagues restart.
I kind of like the idea of having legacy items in standard. It gives a feeling of the history of the game and kind of seniority for those with a lot of them :)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Who knows... they might even make the 'permanent' leagues restart.

I highly doubt that due to the immense outrage that it will produce ... not to mention that they already said that there will be no more wipes ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
shags, I know you are kind of kidding..
but they couldn't do that.

do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
The best solution to legacies, IMO, is to introduce new Vendor Recipes for them.

So if you sell a Kaoms with +1000 HP to a vendor, you get an unidentified Kaoms (which has the current modifiers) and a Legacy Orb. A Legacy Orb can be applied to any normal item, and it will transform that item into the highest rarity version of that item available. So it changes it into the highest-teir unique available for that item type, and if there's no uniques available, it changes it into a rare item. This would ignore normal requirements, allowing uniques that can normally only be dropped under certain circumstances to be created in this way.

Obviously not all legacy items will yield a Legacy Orb. Uniques for which the legacy versions are worse than the current versions will simply be updated by the vendor recipe, while others that are better than their current versions but not seriously game-breaking would perhaps yield an updated version plus an exalted orb.
That sounds really complicated.

Legacy items do not hurt anything..
And it's cool to have "special" versions of items to work towards..
A new player might really like a facebreaker or a bringer of rain
or an aegis aurora or a soul taker that they are able to equip..
And then they know they have a possible better upgrade retaining the unique
mods they enjoy playing with.

It is true no new players will get legacy items easily, but hey..
should have started playing path of exile sooner :0
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
I kind of like the idea of having legacy items in standard. It gives a feeling of the history of the game and kind of seniority for those with a lot of them :)

This!

+ why would you even care about legacy items? They are in standard league, they mostly cost too much, you usually don't need them, but you can buy them if you really want, there's no ladder so no one can profit from them (competitively) and sometimes they are fun.

I look at it like this - if you're a kind of guy/gal who wants to really push himself to the limit and be competitive - you play 3m HC. If you like a fresh start and still want to compete - 3m SC is for you. And if you're a casual player, just having some fun from time to time, or punish every mob with your 2m dps, you play perma SC (and usually not worry about legacy stuff).

"
Xavderion wrote:
There will be legacies

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
There will be legacies

Great movie actually
I dont see any any key!
i think its funny how people seem to think legacys are a problem in standard , i play in hc between leagues , try to get your hands on legacys there guys :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info