Anyone else...

Zoroch: I'll address your first question because it is valid. Your other questions were self evident so delving into them is pointless.

The new EB will not be able to sustain MoM and AA and unlike what less informed players have stated the new EB WILL NOT allow for more auras to be run on mana. I already run 2 60% auras, a herald, and clarity on my EB/MoM characters there is no room for another aura, it would reserve over 100% (note that I use alphas howl and all the aura clusters by the witch, scion, and shadow area).

The character I am positive will not work is my atziri running incinerator. The removal of shotgunning lowers my dps by 1/3 which will make atziri's split phase hard and her minion phase impossible.

They are also removing buff effect nodes, this will cost me 1 or 2 max res from purity of fire and purity of lightning which will hurt a lot in its own right.

finally because EB will no longer be functional I have bought a 6 link pledge of hands to go with my legacy CoDs to run MoM and high level arctic armour (lvl 23) but because pledge is a staff I'll no longer be able to use my apep / rathpith combo (switch to seffels frame for atziri) which again makes me lose a massive amount of dps along with 48% spell block chance and +5 to all max res.

There are no if ands or buts this incinerator will not be running atziri post patch with the current listed changes.

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
mucker wrote:
If the proposed changes upset you then you don't really get what poe is about. The core of poe is MEANINGFUL choices for character building. This is why GGG is always "destroying" things because they go after no brainers.

If something becomes an obvious choice they will make changes. Nothing is safe.

It used to be aura stacking. It was the way to play poe. Boom gone. +Max res, gotta have it. Boom gone. Iron reflexes, way at the top of the taken keystone stats. Nerfed. Complete reliance on leech for life and mana? Not anymore. Block and spell block, super effecient best defense everybody max it. Boom.

When you start to automatically associate things in this game expect it to change. Do you plan an ev char without ondar's guile? A life based caster without eb? A projectile spell without lmp/gmp? Nope, mostly nope, and super nope. Automatic choice, not meaningful. Boom.

I used to only play standard. I thought I didn't have time to be rerolling, I wanted to play my beloved characters forever. The leech nerf got me, wrecked my favorite dual claw ranger so bad. Though I was done with this game. Guildie got me to try invasion league. Finally it all made sense. The game is designed around fresh starts are rerolling.

I totally get where op is coming from, I was there myself at one point. It may seem completely contrary to why you play this game, but please give the next temp hc league a try. Embrace the changes. Learn to let your characters go. This game is so much better when don't fight against it.

this guy gets it
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
If the proposed changes upset you then you don't really get what poe is about. The core of poe is MEANINGFUL choices for character building. This is why GGG is always "destroying" things because they go after no brainers.

If something becomes an obvious choice they will make changes. Nothing is safe.

It used to be aura stacking. It was the way to play poe. Boom gone. +Max res, gotta have it. Boom gone. Iron reflexes, way at the top of the taken keystone stats. Nerfed. Complete reliance on leech for life and mana? Not anymore. Block and spell block, super effecient best defense everybody max it. Boom.

When you start to automatically associate things in this game expect it to change. Do you plan an ev char without ondar's guile? A life based caster without eb? A projectile spell without lmp/gmp? Nope, mostly nope, and super nope. Automatic choice, not meaningful. Boom.

I used to only play standard. I thought I didn't have time to be rerolling, I wanted to play my beloved characters forever. The leech nerf got me, wrecked my favorite dual claw ranger so bad. Though I was done with this game. Guildie got me to try invasion league. Finally it all made sense. The game is designed around fresh starts are rerolling.

I totally get where op is coming from, I was there myself at one point. It may seem completely contrary to why you play this game, but please give the next temp hc league a try. Embrace the changes. Learn to let your characters go. This game is so much better when don't fight against it.

this guy gets it

No he doesn't and neither do you. He tried to say making a good choice is by definition not a meaningful choice...that is the exact opposite of right.

Of course balance is required, but GGG's continued use of a sledge hammer instead of a knife or needle is getting a bit much.

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Ahrimon wrote:
"
bleach wrote:
It's like my girlfriend changed her hair color and got new boobs. Familiar but pleasantly different.

It's like my old girlfriend to whom I was faithful because she gave me what I wanted stopped doing so and justifies it by putting on some new makeup.

What she doesn't realize is that there are younger, more attractive girls out there.

Yes, but the younger more attractive ones lack depth. GGG is the girl I've been with for a few years, she definitely annoys me on occasion, but at the end of the day we forgive each other. I more or less know what I'm getting, but sometimes I come home from work and she dresses...well. That's the Awakening. Totally unexpected sexy time.
what I meant when he said he gets it is that after years of playing the perm leagues he saw the light and tryed the temp leagues.

Your just bitter because you build is getting the nerf hammer

I on the other hand am excited because of the possibilities of exciting new builds

GGG loves to shake thinks up and thats what keeps the game fresh, so you either deal with it or play the Temp leagues
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

Play temp leagues problem solved lol

Im actually half serious though I think thats why GGG feels comfortable making such sweeping changes. The basically assume everyone is starting fresh in the new leagues. It never been a secret that GGG builds around temp leagues

I've even been arguing that they have catered to the permanent leagues far more than they should have . For instance the economies in permanent leagues affect the economies in temporary leagues because people take consideration to what an item in the temporary league will be worth when it reaches the permanent leagues.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
The nerf-hammer swings both ways I find. I have read a lot of mechanics that the upcoming expansion breaks. How about those areas that will become the new op areas? What do players see as an area(s) that will become the new award winning builds so to speak? What is likely to win in terms of builds for the temp leagues?

If it is hard to say then I will offer you all a beer and say put your feet up and wait for the changes, whatever they shake out as, to happen and then lets work em.
"
bleach wrote:
It's like my girlfriend changed her hair color and got new boobs. Familiar but pleasantly different.

well, theres that, then theres the guy whos girlfriend left the house looking like the left and came back looking like the right

wtb paper bag, paying exalts

"
TikoXi wrote:
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
I really dont get why people are so dramatic abouth change.

Life is about changes, just accept this, and watch forward, not backward.
Damn.

"
lone500 wrote:
ya what zbouby said

You guys are so impassible, the op expressed his feelings about the new gamebreaking changes in
a nice way, and ALL you can see is that he is whining and baby-crying

Yep.

It's all right there all bold and red and flashy and hard to not see: "These are not patch notes."

They're also vague as fuck in most respects. We have no damn clue what is actually changing with regards to most of that list, and everything ON AND IMPLIED BY that list is subject to change anyways.

So yes, he's whining and baby crying. He might have perfectly legitimate concerns, but he's concerned about something that's not even tangibly measurable or predictable yet, and that's just a damn nuisance.

This post sounds a lot more whiney to me than the op.
"
Zoroch: I'll address your first question because it is valid.
The new EB will not be able to sustain MoM and AA and unlike what less informed players have stated the new EB WILL NOT allow for more auras to be run on mana.

I suspect this will be character and build dependent. I have myself tinkered some with the aura calculator and found at least one aura configuration that would benefit from this change (an ele aura type build). While I have not tested thoroughly I believe there are more.
"

I already run 2 60% auras, a herald, and clarity on my EB/MoM characters there is no room for another aura, it would reserve over 100% (note that I use alphas howl and all the aura clusters by the witch, scion, and shadow area).

Even if we say you can't run any more auras in your setup, you could with the new EB drop clarity, maybe some of your aura nodes or even Alpha's Howl. Could be a benefit.
"

The character I am positive will not work is my atziri running incinerator. The removal of shotgunning lowers my dps by 1/3 which will make atziri's split phase hard and her minion phase impossible.
Well skills will be rebalanced to reflect this, so it's hard to say anything about that yet. Chris said this concerning Incinerate: "Incinerate will be fine". No idea how much stock we should put into that though.
"

They are also removing buff effect nodes, this will cost me 1 or 2 max res from purity of fire and purity of lightning which will hurt a lot in its own right.

I think you might be right about that.
"

finally because EB will no longer be functional I have bought a 6 link pledge of hands to go with my legacy CoDs to run MoM and high level arctic armour (lvl 23) but because pledge is a staff I'll no longer be able to use my apep / rathpith combo (switch to seffels frame for atziri) which again makes me lose a massive amount of dps along with 48% spell block chance and +5 to all max res.

I think this is a rather hasty decision (unless you're rich of course). We don't know for sure how the actual functionality of EB will be impacted. I agree that it's likely you will have to reconfigure your build to make it work the same as it does currently, especially considering AA. Then again they said they would probably tweak the numbers for it if so. I am not able to confidently say that would/would not break your build.
"

Your other questions were self evident so delving into them is pointless.

My other questions were the ones I was the most interested in. Even if it is self-evident to you it isn't to me. If you feel you have it in you I would be pleased if you tried enlightening me, even should it be pointless.
Last edited by Zoroch on Apr 20, 2015, 10:48:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info