Anyone else...

"
Masiquer wrote:
Its not 'change' we're dramatic about, its what is being changed. The same old, same old balance routine.

There seems to be a great deal of 'changes' done in the guise of 'balance'.

It all feels way to much like social experimentation.

It's change for change's sake, seen it too many times already.

Play long enough and everything they nerf, you'll see them buff some time in the future, and vice versa. Change for change's sake, nothing more, nothing less.
Pretty sure you're not alone. Even for the weirdest thoughts you'll find someone who thinks alike on the internet.

Doesn't make the thoughts less weird, though.
GGG can't win, haven't you seen how much people have bitched about lameblast/fire prolif/tornado shot/EB+AA+/blablabla and GGG not nerfing them? Now they adjust them, and people bitch just the same. Either way, someone is gonna get pissed and try to make sure everybody knows it.

Now there is some appeal to having things stay the same, kind of how old games were. D2 got quite a few patches, some more impactful than others, regardless of what they did there was still a lot of broken shit in the game. I've always hated hammerdins though, despite their efficacy. Maybe once ice nova is broken GGG can stop shifting balance around, I wouldn't mind that.
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
I signed up for the beta, but I honestly don't think I will join in if eligible,

the sad thing is people like you will get the invite while people who want to play and help ggg with the game will be stuck watching streams
Meh, not really. At least, I hope that if I do get a key, it won't be tomorrow. I haven't really been able to play the 1-month leagues until this past Saturday, and I still need the boss kill and 9 missions or so to get 4/4.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by Filinomen on Jun 14, 2019, 1:06:19 PM
"
Masiquer wrote:
Division divides.

. . .
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
I feel like there is so much negativity towards the op. Well not every player is going to be satisfied with how GGG do things when it comes to changes. All I can say is that we should all be positive, appreciative and thankful for what GGG has done for player community.
Permanent Hardcore only.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

Now if i recall correctly, many games (e.g. D3) made huge changes on expansions, but almost all of these games WERE FAILING before it.

As far as i know PoE was not failing, so this is kinda of surprising.

It gives you a feeling that devs are changing the game because they want to, not because its flawed, not because they get negative feedback.

People have actually put in COUNTLESS HOURS of gaming to make a perfect build and now its as if they are telling you "throw all your stuff in the trashcan and start from scratch", but this is not candy crush saga, this is an RPG game.

You just dont do such huge experiments with an already successful game, thats my humble opinion.

This is not the first time GGG has done something like this. They do rather large changes to the game from time to time. This is probably the most impacting host of changes since the game launched.

It has probably taken them a lot of time analyzing player data and builds to get to this. Since there are going to be problems no matter how they do it they are probably going in the direction they feel is most interesting/best (like you said). Inevitably some people like OP are going to get affected negatively by this.

Mostly though I personally think that things have gotten mostly better over time. After large changes it just takes a while to adjust but then it all becomes normal again.

The concerns I was starting to have about power creep seems to be something they want to address which makes me happy. If they didn't make changes this severe, problems like that would be impossible to properly address.

All in all I hope people will not get overly discouraged and try to hang in there and see if you can get anything good out of it. Good luck!
Last edited by Zoroch on Apr 20, 2015, 6:31:03 AM
It isnt just me, but me and my 5 irl friends that play the game that the only thing that deserves the hype on the patch is loot filter and dysenc "fix"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info