What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

"
patlefort3 wrote:
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
What do you mean projectiles can only hit a character once, but the AoEs can damage them multiple times? That makes little to no sense. How does this work with incinerate, or FP?

Incinerate and freezing pulse doesn't have an AoE part, so they won't be able to hit a target multiple times. A skill like fireball have an AoE part, that part will be able to all targets. RIP incinerate and FP.

What? Unless Multiple Projectiles causes Incinerate to generate multiple simultaneous projectiles it will behave as it has always done because each projectile is sequentially fired and so you're never technically shotgunning anything.

Also, this change is epic for melee which is my preferred style of play. I can finally not die super quickly to various Rare enemies while having 5k health and boatloads of armour!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 20, 2015, 2:01:17 PM
"
intre wrote:
"
JNF wrote:
"
*Hint* No one used shotgunning spells anyway lel.

*Hint*

Damage of 1 instead of 5 fireballs/arctic breaths...

Oh, and crit will likely be nerfed again. You'll have to summon an icy golem.

LOL

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
DerDave wrote:
"

Come on, think out of the box. This change is huge!

If EB now protects mana in a way it did with life before, then it is insanely strong combined with GR. Think of a low-life char. He reserves almost all of his life and uses energy shield instead of life.
Now adapt this concept to mana with the new EB. You can reserve all of your mana and still use energy shield to cast your spells. In addition you can still use MoM because your energy shield is still there even without "real" mana.

Thing is.

If you have 3000 mana and 1% mana regen per second, you gain 30 mana per second.
If you have 1000 mana and 2000 ES covering it, whilst having 1% mana regen per second, you gain 10 man per second.

Was using it one of my builds, discipline and EB to get shit ton of mana regen.

Mana and reservations are the least problems for some build. How to regain mana fast, now that's the question.

But i am positive that developers will accommodate for this somehow.

Edit: I recall there being a post about it.

You can get enough mana regen to run Artic Armor without Eldrich Battery. However, one you need to build for it, skill points and gear. And two, in the end you won't be running level 20 AA, barring only using level 20 when not moving. Me I love foot speed and hate recast. So, level 16 AA is top end for me without EB.
looking forward to the changes. I really appreciate how you resist the pressure and willing to address lowering difficulty issues

I hope you don't get too frustrated about the eruptions of stupidity from ignorant and entitled people here on forums

keep on the great work GGG
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
4 hours left omg I am so Hyped =)) I hope some streamer get Closed beta, so we can see live =)..
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
"
Starzon29 wrote:
4 hours left omg I am so Hyped =)) I hope some streamer get Closed beta, so we can see live =)..

https://twitter.com/Kripparrian/status/590149759236710401

Kripp will join Beta for 2days and i´m pretty sure he´ll get a key^^
I just like to think of it this way: When one door closes itself, another one opens up.
Even if these balance changes were to be the final statement of GGG, which they are clearly not, people would be able to find new things and move on.

Poe has never been a static game. Completly changing the way to play the game has always been something that I personally looked forward to. Its about the challenge and the reward that you get for completing that challenge, which in many cases is the completion itself, and not about going back to your old builds, which worked almost too well (Yes I´m looking at you GMP Incinerate and FB).

And about popular streamers getting access to the beta? That itself is the most amazing thing! I dont have to worry about not being able to learn about the new content just because I didnt receive the blessings of RNGEsus. I will be able to see the new changes with a 100% chance since day 1.
Ofcourse that is something completly different than experiencing the game 1st hand but, in my opinion, that is a price I'll gladly pay for a guaranteed peek into the beta.

And just to finish it off, I might be alone with that opinion but I never really liked the way EB worked, it seemed so boring just changing that really cool Energy Shield into boring blue mana goo. Adding a little bit more depth to the keystone will make it much more interesting to use and to be honest, that change will definetly contribute towards that goal.

With that in mind I can gladly give you guys my final opinion about the Beta and Act 4 / The Awakening:

HYPPPEEEEEE!!!
Hope I get in beta!

"
Much of the monster balance is currently wrong in Cruel and Merciless, especially in the case of major bosses.

Do you want us to test normal-only then?
"
RIP my Eldritch Battery + Arctic Armor + Mind over Matter Scion. And I fear her LMP Incinerate may not be safe either.

On the plus side, it looks like the new Eldritch Battery may open up 100% mana reserved characters.

Technically yes, but with 100% mana reservered, will using Energy Shield to cast be viable without either of the keystones that apply regen/leech to ES? There is no ES recovery potion. ES doesn't recharge while taking damage and while taking damage ES is taken away before life. You will be out of mana quickly in combat.
"
zyxas wrote:
So the way to buff melee is nerfing everything else, included leech. Borderline usable spells will be dead again, I guess.

Maybe, but this is a straight nerf to my melee too:
"
Chris wrote:
Buff Effect bonuses have been removed from the passive tree.

Path of nerfs seems to strike again, but we will see. ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info